1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks.. I didn't know that this was possible. I hope that it can be disabled with the next release, this possibilty, just to keep the server browser clear for everyone. Just a password should be sufficient for private servers. Now it's unclear what server is accessible or not.

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Having been racing the ginetta G58 the last few nights in a custom championship and the new physics really shine through, amazing car to drive now.

I think I have found an issue with the new tyre pitstop thingo though. I must have had the mandatory tyre change set to 0 and in two races now I have set my pit strategy to change all tyres and when pitting the pit crew are changing them but the tyre widget shows the tyres as not changed as when I drive out of the pits they still have the wear on them, this has happened with multiple pitstops in the two races.

The races were imola and Watkins Glen short 30 minute races real weather, x4 fuel and tyre wear, x5 weather

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
  3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Latest RC Candiate:
    When driving with custom liveries and AI names in the P4 class, the game loads several double liveries.

Edit: Please delete. I had an ampersand within a team name of the custom AI file and the game does not like that.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
  4. Hweaton

Hweaton New Member

Version: 1.48
    Track & Layout Used: Indianapolis Oval
    Car Used: F-USA Gen 3
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report: Reynard cars are making noticeably less horsepower than Lolas. Regardless of engine, it seems that Lolas are making about 915 peak horsepower, and Reynards are making about 890 peak horsepower.
    Steps to reproduce:
    Time trial the cars, turn on horsepower telemetry, get to redline in 4th or 5th gear.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Build: 1.4.8.1.2303
    Track: Guaporé
    Car: Formula Junior
    Settings:
    online MP

Issue: Finish order flipped P1 and P2 by more than a second. A 0.8-1.0 second lead became a 0.1 loss.

I've had this happen with closer finishes on ovals, but this is the first from more than half a second gap.

6. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.4.8 2301
    Track & Layout Used: Buenos Aires
    Car Used: Formula Junior
    Applicable Settings: 4laps single race with 20 AI
    Report: No starting signal sound.
    Or sound clipped after first signal sound played.
    Steps to reproduce: refer vid

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Hweaton

Hweaton New Member

Version: 1.48
    Track & Layout Used: Barcelona (no chicane)
    Car Used: F-USA 2023
    Applicable Settings: Fuel usage on
    Report:
    1. When you switch between option tires and primary tires, it doesn't change the color of the stripes from red to white. You have to first switch to wets then to primaries to get them to change. Additionally, if you pit for primaries and you are on options, they will remain red after the pit stop. Also, just want to mention that the pit stop goes a lot faster than the pit crew animation so you drive away from your pit box with no tires on your car and then they magically appear about 2 seconds later.

2. The Formula USA 2023 car seems to use a lot more fuel than the game predicts; approximately 40% more fuel (need to fuel up for "14 laps" to do a 10 lap race). Not a big deal, but worth mentioning.

Steps to reproduce: Quick race with fuel turned on x1, damage off, don't refuel when coming into the pits, start on options, come into pits for primaries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Apex

Apex Active Member

I think this happens regardless of the track. I've tested with quite a few like Cadwell, Guaporé, Donington, Brands, Imola '72 and some more. The environmental sound is stuttering too when browsing the menus after loading a track.

9. Marc Mottram

Marc Mottram New Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.4.8
    Track & Layout Used: Barcelona no chicane, Bathurst 1983, Oulton Park, Fosters
    Cars Used: Porsche 962C, Porsche GT1, Porsche GTE
    Applicable Settings: AI Race

R 10 laps; 5 laps; 20 mins + 1 lap
    Full Damage
    Mandatory pit stop: on
    Mandatory change tyres : 4
    Racers : Full grid - I started last
    Report: All cars were DQ'd on last lap
    Steps to reproduce: SP with settings above.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

I had this happen to me with an F-Classic Gen 4 race at Cascais (no Chicane). I was 40 laps, damage off, tire wear/fuel usage set to authentic. Weird thing was that the cars did in fact pit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.4.8
    Track & Layout Used: Latest Monza
    Cars Used: BMW M8 GTE
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report: Left mirror's shading flickers, most likely bad geometry (flipped normals).
    upload_2023-6-14_19-40-51.png

12. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

Hi, (14/06) over night since the update the game crashes on start up, I've tried to verify the files and upload a previous release and update my drivers but i cant get passed the Reiza Logo before the game crashes...this is in VR and on my screen...any ideas? .

13. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

So I retried my race, again with a mandatory stop but no requirement to change tires. Everyone still got DQ'd.

Safe to say that mandatory stops just don't work currently.

14. Marc Mottram

Marc Mottram New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have to agree, I've tried many car, track combinations and tried different amount of tyres to change and got the same result.

It's a shame as it's a feature that I've wanted for a while.

15. ZakMcKracken

ZakMcKracken New Member

Does it crash with a bugsplat message window ?
    Try to disconnect your controller/wheel, I had crashes in the past that only occured with controller connected and some detection code. (super wild guess, nothing to do with VR , but worth a try)

16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Spielberg Historic 1977:

AI cars exit pits, go very slow and than, all over sudden, they make a hectic move to the racing line. AI which are already on track coming up the start/finish-straight are irritated by this behaviour and try to bypass, which regularly causes carnage or/and a pile-up.

17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Spielberg Historic 1977:

There is still a weird replay camera on this track. From the entry of Bosch Curve, it shows just grass for about 10 seconds.

18. ZakMcKracken

ZakMcKracken New Member

I think I may have a variation of this bug , pitted with the 2019 stock car with used hard slicks selected WET when it started to drizzle, pit crew DID take time to change tires , but I still got the same wear indication and the same hard tires on.

@Hweaton could you confirm that your tires where at least "new" option tires in your case ?

19. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.4.8 2305
    Track & Layout Used: Jacarepagua
    Applicable Settings: ride porsche gte at 0700 morning
    Report: wrong light reflection on rear bottom splitter?
    Steps to reproduce: stand heading to sunlight and make shade behind

Attached Files:

20. CourtG

CourtG New Member

Hi guys, having this custom c'ship issue. Class choices are Racing Life based FYI.

Had 2 customs on the go, DTM and Montana. Half way through both then added a GT5 custom cship. Now the "Start" button for the first 2 does nothing. I could still start the GT5 and after deleting it still cant start the originals. Single race works fine.
    Anyone else had this and is there a fix or are the cships done for?
    Cheers