1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Varesh

Varesh New Member

1) It's in "simple race" (I don't have the exact translation).
    2) I thought it was because of that that the kart was spinning so easily. :(

2. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

MP4/4 Front Wheel Hubs & Tracking:

Once you see it, it becomes hard to ‘unsee’.
    The front wheel hubs become transparent at certain angles in the replays and the whole front wheels & tyres are set too wide.

Looking head-on, The brake ducts are on the outside of the wing endplate, when they should be on the inside of the end plate.
    Looking from behind, the front wheels look much more set wider than the rears, even after taking the foreshortening angle into consideration.
    • Car: McLaren-Honda MP4/4.
    • Track: N/A
    • AI Strength setting: N/A
    • AI Aggression setting: N/A
    • Session Distance: N/A
    • Weather: N/A
    • Player Tyre: All.
    • Type of session: All.
    mcl88_ducts.jpg

Last edited: Jul 2, 2023
  3. NR The-Boss

NR The-Boss Bug Hunter AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: Custom AI Driver Files
    Report: AI Nation Flags do not match flags set in .xml file, some drivers have appropriate flag while others of the same nationality do not.
    Steps to reproduce: Create a custom full grid of drivers with custom nations and observe mismatch between driver file nation and the flag shown in the finishing order/starting grid UI

4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Spielberg 1977:
    3,5 years after release, replay camera is still broken, showing grass and trees instead of action on track quite often.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Treewill

Treewill New Member

Track & Layout Used: Red Bull ring
    Car Used: Ultimate gen 2 and P1
    Report: Hi, is normal that? All IA done DNF when they did the mandatory pit stop.
    Steps to reproduce: Quick race with mandatory Pit Stop. No matters if you put refuel or change wheel obligatory. All IA DNF.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2023
  6. Treewill

Treewill New Member

Aqui con el mismo problema

7. Treewill

Treewill New Member

UPDATE: we have discovered that only happen using AMS 2 Beta. So the pit stop works good on stantand version

8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

F_USA_Gen 1:

With the new tyre model, the cars suffer from extreme tyre wear on the front with wear set to "normal", whilst the AI seem not to have tyre wear at all. They can stay out for ages, driving constant laptimes whilst human player has to pit pretty soon, because the front tyres are completely gone. Longer races against the AI make no sense that way.

9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Multicclass races with customized grid:

1)
    When doing such a race, the game does not give you the chosen starting position.
    Example: Created a race with full grid (32 cars). Class A with 20 cars (me one of them), Class B with 12. Starting position: 32.
    But game constantly puts me on P 20, which is just the last place of my class.
    As a workaround, you can do a qualifying without doing a lap or just skip it. But would be nice if game just gave you the chosen position on the grid.

2) I often have to load the race twice in order to get the chosen numbers of cars of each class. The first time, game tends to load a randomized grid.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2023
  10. NR The-Boss

I just tried and it's been fixed. Never used the Beta so not sure what's going on there lol

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
  11. NR The-Boss

Car Used: Formula USA 2023
    Applicable Settings: Rain Tires
    Report: Less of a bug report and more of a feature request (wrong forum?), but I noticed that the Formula USA Gen 1-3 cars have rain tires on ovals while the Formula USA 2023 does not. Racing in the rain on ovals is a favourite pass time of mine and one that is difficult to do because the overlap between "sims that have rain" and "sims that have ovals" is an Automobilista 2 shaped area... Someone obviously put work into getting the other cars oval rain tires, could we have those on the F-USA 2023 too please?
    Steps to reproduce: Enter a test session (or any session) at an oval track (I tested Indianapolis) and observe the available tire compounds in the setup window.

12. Mumblesh

Mumblesh New Member

I have just purchased a Fanatec CSL DD Wheel base and my wheels struggle in similar vain as the above post. My right hand 2-way toggle switch on my Universal hub 2 and Formula V2 wheel do not work and cannot be assigned, and the message "invalid input" appears. I will experiment more, but it's odd, as I have had the game for a long time and used another wheel base with these wheels with no issue. Coming back after a hiatus, I have discovered this issue which is hella annoying so I need to mention it. If I figure something out I'll post again.

Additional: So I tried several of the Fanatec controller profiles and this 2-way button cannot be assigned. But it did work with the "custom" and "Generic DD" controller profiles! So this must explain something.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
  13. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Do you use the Fanatec profile in game? That broke some things for me, but using the legacy wheel profile fixed everything

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mumblesh

Mumblesh New Member

something has changed somewhere since I was last playing many months ago. There are too many issues ported over from Project Cars 2. The whole wheel profile thing needs an overhaul. The last wheel I used to use would just disconnect from the game mid race (not the PC) forcing me to restart AMS, but I could assign all my controls at least. This was an issue I had with a much older wheel and PC2 for example.

But yes you are right, using a non branded profile worked for me, it does mean you have to configure a lot more buttons, but that's nothing new with this game as I feel I spend more time configuring controls than driving. Fingers crossed we'll get there with AMS2! So anyone getting "INVALID INPUT" try a generic/custom wheel profile.

15. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

That is a big problem

16. roguk

roguk New Member

Track & Layout Used: 5 reiza tracks
    Car Used: all cars tried
    Report: All AI do not finish and have dnf . Using standard AMS2 not Beta.
    Steps to reproduce: Quick race with mandatory Pit Stop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Oleg Kaban

Oleg Kaban New Member

Game version: 1.4.8.1
    Track & Layout Used: Any Kart track (seemingly)
    Car Used: GX390 kart (or any kart probably) [edited]
    Applicable Settings: Mode: practice, quali, race;
    Report: Upon loading a session, front left brake on a kart shows up as super hot (47483 C), while other brakes are normal. Seems like an integer overflow kinda thing. Game reads it back and perceives it as if you had real damage from it and shows black&orange flag in race, although this bug seems to not affect vehicle performance in any way at all.
    Steps to reproduce: Launch GX390 [edited] (or any) kart on Buskerud (or any other) Kart track and pay attention to brake temps. Bug occurs every other time for me, not always.

Have seen such bug on way older version in this thread, from two years ago, decided to post anyway. Not a deal braker at all, more a nano-inconvenience.

EDIT: Launched 125cc on Londrina One, front left brake still hot as a sun, only rear left seems to work and warm-up (though the vehicle seems to behave as it should, no disbalance). Some screenshots attached.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
  18. Jett

Jett New Member

AMS 2
    All formula and Indy Cars with the exceptions listed below.

exceptions are
    1. Indy 2023/USA Formula 23
    2. Super formula (think it’s 2020 F1)cars
    3. Super Formula 2 (F1 2022)cars

all formula cars that are not in the above list.
    All tracks and all conditions.

enabled & disabled mechanical failure in options.

Have tweaked engine braking

have reset all setups to default

Every historical forumula car begins to suffer engine damage on lap 1 or 2.

By lap 3 or 4 engine damage climbs to 2, 3, or 4.

By lap 6-9 your engine blows. Even when I pit early and repair said damage the damage to the engine repeats itself over and over.
    I am new to AMS2. I am new to PC gaming.
    This has nothing to do with driving style or setups. This a glitch that just started happening 24 hours ago. I have about 90 hours logged on game. I have driven Only open wheeler cars.
    This pattern happens in single race mode and championship race mode.

if this is a duplicate post or old issue I apologize but it’s new to me.

19. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Game version: all, including v1.4.8.1
    Car Used: Cadillac DPI
    Applicable Settings: VR, with camera near clip plane at 0.01 and 0.10, makes zero difference. Foveated rendering disabled.
    Report: In the outside corner of the right eye there's a small LCD screen in the car, if you move your head a bit to the left side while looking forward, then the screen disappears/gets 100% transparant and you can see through the car. This is very distracing during racing with this car, because going from 100% black to fully transparant is causes a flickering effect, even while it's all the way in the corner of the eye.
    Steps to reproduce: Use VR and the Cadillac DPI and move your head to the left while looking forward, then you see in the corner of your right eye that something is flickering on in your right eye and that's the disappearance of the small LCD screen in the car.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
  20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I also noticed that, but only with cars that have a turbo engine. In order to survive a longer race, you gotta lower the turbo pressure and max out the cooling within your setup.