1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Silverstone 1991 (maybe other versions of the track, too):

Replay camera shakes heavily on Hangar Straight, almost makes you seasick when watching.
    I can understand that the cars are bouncing on a bumpy surface, but the TV cameras should be stable. :whistle:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
  2. Jett

Jett New Member

I will try this today thanks!!!!

3. SquirmyElk2

SquirmyElk2 A Random Nobody

v1.4.8.1.2305.AVX
    Track & Layout Used: Kyalami (Modern)
    Car Used: Issue is Independent of Car
    Applicable Settings: Manual Pitstops Disabled in Assist Menu
    Report: If you have manual pitstops disabled on Kyalami, the AI will not take you out of your pit box during practice or qualifying. Granted, I am capable of exiting the pitlane without it, so it isn't that big of an issue for me but it is still an issue nonetheless.
    Steps to reproduce: Disable Manual Pitstops, Select the Modern Kyalami in any mode, Select any car.

With manual pitstops disabled, the AI should take you out of your pit box automatically. Despite the option being disabled, the AI fails to take the player out of the pit box. It does, however, automatically drive the player into the pit lane and exits the pit lane when doing a pit stop.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
  4. Sir Vanny

Sir Vanny New Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys, i just realized, that AMS2 is using my Steam name for multiplayer sessions.
    But thats the point where i like to use my real name of course, but I never want to use it on steam because of .... ähhhm.... reasons:whistle:

So if i give AMS2 my real name to the ingame profile, please let it use that of course.

5. kmikiwi

kmikiwi Member

v1.4.8.1.2305.AVX
    Track & Layout Used
    : Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course
    Car Used: GT4 / Porsche Cayman
    Applicable Settings: Weather 2 Slots: Medium Cloud > Storm
    Time Progression 20x, Date 18/07/2023, Mandatory PitStop
    Report: Car Sliding over soap in some parts of the pitlane.
    Steps to reproduce: You move the car, then you brake and the car continue sliding like soap.
    Attach a clip

6. _ShadowWolfe

_ShadowWolfe Member

v1.4.8.1.2305.AVX
    Track & Layout Used
    : Bathurst 2020 (not the only track, but very noticeable here)
    Car Used: GT3 Porsche
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report #1: Drone camera getting stuck on nothing. (Suggestion to drastically revise the Drone Camera controls)
    Report #2: Steering wheel still moves while in the pause menu, and photo mode menu
    Steps to reproduce: Move the drone camera around the track, it should get stuck on invisible objects.

7. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Active Member AMS2 Club Member

v1.4.8.1.2305.AVX
    Track & Layout Used
    : Brands Hatch GP, Rouen Les Essarts, Carvelo (not the only tracks, but very noticeable here)
    Car Used: Here Alpine GT4 Mod, so far only in Formula Junior
    Applicable Settings: Default sets
    Report #1: Out of hell shortly after hitting brakes car dives into the front and ffb kicks in heavily and turns car.
    Steps to reproduce: happens randomly

8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

AI's overtaking procedure must finally be sorted.

In open wheelers, you can clearly see in the mirrors that a fast AI does not try to go by but comes too close to your car and just goes for your rear tyres and then brakes, even if there is enough space to have a proper overtake. The AI also behave like that when racing each others.
    By doing so, they often ram player's car into a spin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. NR The-Boss

NR The-Boss Bug Hunter AMS2 Club Member

v1.4.8.1.2305.AVX
    Track & Layout Used
    : Velocitta Track Day
    Car Used: Formula Ultimate Gen 2
    Applicable Settings: Mandatory Pit Stop, 15 minute race
    Report: AI and myself DQed on final lap for not making mandatory pit stop, despite all cars making such a stop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SquirmyElk2

SquirmyElk2 A Random Nobody

v1.4.8.1.2305.AVX
    I know this is a common issue, but I'd like to give as many details as I can.
    Track & Layout Used: Issue is Independent of Track
    Car Used: Issue is Independent of Car
    Applicable Settings: Mandatory Pit Stops Enabled, Mandatory Tyre Change set to anything above Zero
    Report: If you have mandatory pitstops enabled on any track with any car, the AI may fail to clear the mandatory pit stop despite entering the pits. Weather Conditions, Time Progression, and Set Time do not matter with this issue. The issue even happens if the AI pit for Wet Tyres in the rain (from the last race I just did with Porsche Cup 4.0 on VIR in the Rain in slot 3/4).
    The only way the issue can be rectified is by setting the Mandatory Tyre Change to Zero. I typically enable Mandatory Pit Stops on races that have a time set to at least 20 Minutes. This issue ruins races, making the user have to restart the race from the Main Menu by setting the Mandatory Tyre Change to Zero or disabling Mandatory Pit Stops completely, increasing tyre wear and/or increasing fuel consumption if the user wants the AI to pit.
    Steps to reproduce: Enable Mandatory Pit Stops in the Race Menu, set the Mandatory Tyre Change to any non-zero value, start the race, (independent of issue, added for race completion-sake) clear the mandatory pit stop, finish the race.
    Most, if not all of the AI drivers will fail to clear the mandatory pit stop despite the AI clearly entering the pit lane. A full course yellow will also be thrown out if Full Course Yellows are enabled.

Side Note: It is currently impossible to set the Mandatory Tyre Change to 4, as exiting out of the Race Settings menu after setting it to 4 will set the Mandatory Tyre Change to 3.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. ronick

ronick New Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos
    Car Used: Stock Car brasil 2023
    Applicable Settings: Default Championship
    Report: I start a new default Championship of Stock Car 2023. During the race there is a mandatory pit-stop. I did it but at the end of the race i was disqualified. Not me alone but all cars were disqualified with 1 pit stop done. The bug showed up in both of the two races
    Steps to reproduce: Start a new Stock Car 2023 championship

12. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

1.5 build
    Track & Layout Used
    : Kansai
    Car Used: GT1
    Applicable Settings: Qualifying, private session
    Report: I know I have reported this some time ago, I just hope it didn't completely fall under the rug: The AI times especially and many laps in general for some reason like to end on 0, in the screenshot below 14 out of 17. This is from a quali session with private qualifying, with all cars on the track at the same time the laptimes vary more, probably because of slipstream or getting hold up. It is really immersionbreaking as it results in many duplicate lap- and sector times.
    Steps to reproduce: Single race with private qualifying on Kansai, AI strength 100 (my session was mixed custom with standard AI, both with the same results.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  13. CheseRS

CheseRS New Member

Track & Layout Used: Loading existing championship after created before 1.5V
    Car Used: Formula 2023
    Applicable Settings: Incomplete championship now crashes to desktop every time when trying to load ongoing championship
    Report: Rain droplets running on the opposite way through the windshield.
    Steps to reproduce: Load AMS2, go to champion ship and attempt to continue next event.

Faulting application name: AMS2AVX.exe, version: 1.5.0.1, time stamp: 0x64bdac9f
    Faulting module name: BugSplat64.dll, version: 3.5.0.6, time stamp: 0x59ef854f
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000003b08
    Faulting process id: 0x0x64F0
    Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9BF36F1173367
    Faulting application path: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\AMS2AVX.exe
    Faulting module path: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\BugSplat64.dll
    Report Id: a1f38948-22a4-4a94-b0d1-f5fa7f059f40
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

14. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: V1.5.0.1.2367
    Car Used
    : Sigma P1 G5 (the new P1Gen2 class)
    Applicable Settings: VR but probably all
    Report: Mirrors are bugged, the left mirror is half white but the right mirror is DOUBLE (something like the pickup truck car had before but worse)
    Steps to reproduce: Choose the Sigma P1 G5 and start a race, I don't know how this could have been missed during development... it's very obvious

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. TurboHenk

Track & Layout Used: All RallyCross tracks
    New Car Used: All RallyCross cars
    Applicable Settings: I had main volume on 60, own car volume on 65, opponent volume on 100
    Report: "cracking sound" that's coming probably from the other cars or from the spotter. High pitched sound artifacts
    Steps to reproduce: Race in RallyCross with multiple RallyCross cars such as the Mini and the Citroën(I didn't test Formula Dirt)

16. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Fresh 1.5 install

All folders deleted... Nothing installed...

Game fades to black as soon as I click my mouse... Have to use task manager to close the game...

EDIT: It took me longer than I thought judging by this post... But I tried to get it working over 11 times and 2 PC restarts after the install process finished and it kept happening...

Then after the 3rd PC restart I could click on a menu option and it worked without fading to black at all...

I hope it's fine now... I also noticed that each time this happened I didn't have a mouse pointer on the screen in game... But on the 12th attempt I did...

17. TurboHenk

UPDATE: It's 100% sure the opponents car sounds that are bugged/artifacted/crackling at RallyCross. LOUD artifacting/cracking noise when I have the opponent sounds on, even when I lower the volume to below "own engine sound", it's still hearable loudly cracking. I have to put oppontents sounds to ZERO and then it's 100% gone.

Important to know: It was the VW Polo RallyCross, but probably happens with other RallyCross cars too (but not sure since I haven't tested it yet).

Important to know too: I have a 5.1 setup, speakers.

18. TurboHenk

Track & Layout Used
    :
    Tykki Dirt 2
    New Car Used: Mini RX
    Date / Time used: 28/05/22 12:00 and 15:00 (both times same bug)
    Applicable Settings: VR
    Report: the mirrors of this car are WHITE (white blur over all 3 mirrors)
    Steps to reproduce: See above, chose those settings and the mirrors won't be usable

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Scar666

This is still happening without VR as well... Is a regular MP bug that is still there in 1.5...

The only way to clear it I've found is keep loading back in until it works...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Scar666

Track & Layout Used
    :
    Road America no chicane
    New Car Used: Metalmoro AJR Nissan Gen 2
    Applicable Settings: none
    Report: the driver wasn't needed to run laps.
    [​IMG]
    No livery overrides in use...

• Funny Funny x 1