1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Version: V1.5.0.1.2367
    Track & Layout Used
    :
    Road America no chicane
    New Car Used: Super V8
    Applicable Settings: Race weekend practice
    Report: Car has the brick bug from the Formula Juniors in 1.48 where it'll randomly get sent off course when the suspension is loaded up.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the car through long radius corners, even happens at the shorter radius like T5... Seems to happen more regularly than it did for the Formula Junior...

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Replay cameras on many tracks like Spielberg 77 or Curitiba Outer are still broken.
    These are tracks which have been in game since day 1 and the bug has been reported several times throughout the years.

20230726150639_1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
  3. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: All RX tracks
    Car Used: Citroen DS3, VW Polo RX
    Applicable Settings: MP Lobby not using RX preset, but using 5-10 minute quali and 6 lap race with 6 people in the lobby. I was the host during these sessions.
    Report: Game doesn't register accelerator pedal, forcing me to recalibrate to which it immediately recognizes the pedal again. This is only at the start of quali. Pedals work fine at the start of the race, but the game forgets settings when starting the next Quali session.

Hardware: Fanatec V3 pedals

4. Łukasz Łażewski

Łukasz Łażewski Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used
    :
    Imola
    NewCar Used: Ginetta G58 Gen2 P1gen2
    Applicable Settings: time trial
    Report: Pit exit line cancells lap time. When you start hot lap and go through pitexit line it's cancelled

5. _Was

_Was Member

Track & Layout Used
    :
    custom championship
    NewCar Used: f1 classic gen 4
    Applicable Settings: practice qualy Race , full course yellow
    Report: The game crashes when continues with the custom championship after a finished session
    Steps to reproduce: custom championship, do practice and qualy then leave re-enter and summarize the session of the championship,game crashes
    upload_2023-7-26_18-4-17.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used
    :
    any Track, any Layout
    NewCar Used: Sigma P1 G5
    Applicable Settings: Practice, Qualifying, Race
    Report: When the main LCD in the car is set to the second page (Tire Temp) the yellow sign saying "Shift" does not appear anymore.
    Steps to reproduce: drive the Sigma P1 G5 and set the LCD to the second page.

7. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Mouse has started to disappear when the Reiza logo shows up and the fade to black has started happening again... I have done at least 5 verifications over the past 24 hours and none have reported any missing files...

As a last resort I'm going to have to do a regedit and another clean install... I'm all out of ideas, literally the only thing that has changed on my PC is AMS2... All drivers are at their latest and the mouse is the exact same as I was using prior, nothing has been plugged in or unplugged either...

8. SlowAssDave

SlowAssDave CrazyCanuck (CASS) AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Ascurra (both layouts)
    Car Used: RX
    Applicable Settings: any weather
    Report: there are some very sharp meshes that cause the car to flip instantly if hit along the left side of the track in the second sector.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive along the left hand side of the second sector after the double hairpin.

9. Marco Miljkovic

Marco Miljkovic New Member

Hey man.... Unsure if it's posted, but after this last update, the minute I go into championships, that I had previously setup, the whole game crashes the minute I get into that championship section. Anyone else experiencing this? I have no ability to play the game now, as it crashes the minute I log in. I'm playing on Steam (PC), windows 10. Is this a update issue? Do these guys not test rigorously before they release these updates? Thanks guys.

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It could be that a custom championship or other file that saves a previous game state you have is using a mod that isn't avaiable or properly compatible for example.

To test you could rename the Automobilista 2 folder in your documents directory and see if the game starts again. There is nothing that could be rigurously tested. (custom championships have been tested to work btw.)

11. CrimsonEminence

Does steam overlay open for you and does it bring a mouse cursor back? (shift-tab)

12. DaveLew

DaveLew Member

Bug: AI drivers don't visually move their steering wheel enough when viewing their cockpit cam in replay/monitor.

This happens with all cars on all tracks as far as I can tell. The driver hardly moves the wheel left or right when taking corners and the car just magically turns. This hasn't always been the case but I can't trace exactly when it was introduced.

I know this isn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but sometimes I want to get a video shot from the cockpit of an AI car during an overtake or or something and it just looks wrong.

Basically it'd be nice for the movement of the steering wheel and the front wheels to correspond more correctly when viewing an AI's cockpit cam.

13. Marco Miljkovic

Hi, thanks for the quick response. That means so much. I will definitely try that when I get home from work today. I was also thinking, maybe I just need to delete those championships and start a brand new one, kinda thing. I'll let you know when get home. I essentially can't play, cause it crashes every single time. The cars I'm racing in those championships all have custom setups for the cars I'm racing. Possible because of the physics update, it has something to do with that. I don't know.

14. CrimsonEminence

When you go to the Automobilista 2 folder in windows documents, you can also navigate through "savegame/[large number]/automobilista 2/singlechamps" and you could remove the files in that one to check if it works again afterwards.

15. Marco Miljkovic

16. Marco Miljkovic

Okay, I'll give that a try. Would you be able to guide me to those folders where my custom championships would be. I'll delete the 4 I have setup, and hopefully will be able to setup new championships. If you don't know exactly, I'll look around for that. Thanks again. You're great help. It's appreciated.

17. Carlos Flor Arg

Carlos Flor Arg New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello @CrimsonEminence , I have the same problem that they report _Was and Marco Miljkovic, with the custom championships, if you exit the game after qualifying and then resume the game to go to the race the game closes, it happened to me with various combinations, but I realized that the problem is to have the entire full course yellow activated, deactivating this function no longer closes the game. I don't have mods and I also tried deleting the path files "savegame/[large number]/automobilista 2/singlechamps"

18. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used
    :
    any Track, any Layout
    NewCar Used: F-Classic Gen 4 Model 1
    Applicable Settings: Nothing special
    Report: Moving the "Horizontal Angle" of the mirrors" doesn't move the angle of the mirrors
    Steps to reproduce: Open "Cockpit configuration" in the options and try changing the horizontal mirror angle on the F-Classic Gen 4 Model 1
    20230727180557_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. gian

gian Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This bug is fixed for a upcoming hotfix, you don't need to delete your championships, thanks for reporting. It was crashing as Carlos described (save after qualy then resume champ to race, due to FCY=yes).

There was a different ctd related to having a champ in first slot with a unknown modded vehicle, which could ctd in ams2 splash screen, that was also addressed for the upcoming hotfix.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg
    Car Used: GT3
    Applicable Settings: Weather - 4 slots - clear - medium cloud - light rain - rain
    Report: AI didn't change to wet tires and were driving very slowly within 6 laps into the race
    Steps to reproduce: Set up a race (10 laps) at Spielberg with a 20 min Qualifying (weather: clear) and naturally progressing surface. After 4 laps it should start to rain and after lap 6 the track surface should be really wet. See how AI keeps driving on slicks.

RC version 1.5.0.1.2367.avx