1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Touching the line would be already an infringement indeed

2. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

I had a lot of bugsplat and black screen problems before discovering my SSD was at the end of its life. The problems got lower, but it seems even after making a fresh install, I had to run the game on borderless mode, to clear the black screen issue completely.
    I give up trying to run the game on full-screen mode, I expect this to be fixed in any way, to run things as perfectly as possible when I come back to play the game in VR mode. (didn't tried to run VR after 1.5 update)

ssd lifetime.jpg

3. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

+
    Maybe I did touch the line, but believe that don't, because I use to do some training on this track and am consistent with my lines. And I wasn't the only one to have this issue. But even if we touched, AMS2 urges for way more consistence about track boundaries, because not even on a same track it uses to be consistent (some cases more, but usually less)... some times you can advance two wheels (on the same car's side) out, others you got a warn just for touching the line. I even believe that some parts (as the Interlagos box entry) you can go way past the line. By the way, most of the inconsistency is on escape areas, with some tolerating a lot and others being considerably unforgiving.

The boundaries subject is something that is trick and generate huge fights (yeah... fights) even in real life, counting from entry amateur events to high professional tiers. That is why simulators need to find theirs own logic and stick to it.

Actually, I spend a good time just testing track boundaries before really starting to do the "drivingcraft" itself. It don't bother me to much when offline, because when I do it there will be time to the "trial & error" stuff, but online is common to arrive on track with just a few minutes to qualify and, them, it got really annoying.

PS: I know that in real life there is completely different boundaries logic to each track (some cases the same track can have different rules about it for different categories). But in real life there is also "drivers debriefing", what I believe we will never see on AMS2 (or any other racing sim, if that matters)... and because of that, AMS2 ought to have it's own logic. The "limited fidelity" stuff I always bring to pertinent discussions.

Abração!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2023
  4. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

Version: V1.5.0.2.2369
    Track & Layout Used: Circuit Barcelona
    Car Used: F-Vintage Gen2 Model2
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: The rear tires is below level 0 of the pavement, I also saw in others circuits.

Automobilista 2 01.jpg Automobilista 2 02.jpg

5. Theoloop

Theoloop Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Cars are dipping into the track at Curvelo Short on the current live build.

6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Velopark 2017:
    You can cut corner in 1st chicane without getting a warning/penalty.

7. herakles

herakles Member

Version: V1.5.0.2.2369.AVX
    Track & Layout Used: Daytona Oval
    Car Used: Formula USA Gen. 1 - Reynard 95i Ford-Cosworth
    Report: 200 laps race alone versus AI. Caution with yellow flags in lap 28. Everybody including me pits during Safety Car-period except one AI-driver. Once the race is restarted and under green, the remaining AI-driver goes to the pits. Strategy of this lonesome hero will be unknown forever (or it's a bug).

Video of incident:

Steps to reproduce: Run a long race in Daytona and come across various bugs in each and every try. ;)

8. herakles

herakles Member

Report: All AI-lollipop men are standing at the pitwall despite everyone being in the pits.

[​IMG]
    Steps to reproduce:
    Go to the pits under yellow and watch.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. herakles

herakles Member

Applicable Settings: No flags allowed in race.
    Report: One AI crashed resulting in a pile of cars unable to go on driving. Even repeated pushing of certain cars in order to make them start again won't resolve the situation.

Funny video of incident:

Steps to reproduce: Run a long race in Daytona and come across various bugs in each and every try. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. herakles

herakles Member

Applicable Settings: Any.
    Report: Timing inconsistencies in themselves and compared to one another between realtive and absolute timings with regard to other drivers. The pictures show several situations, where either the time displays make no sense or they differ from one another in an illogical way. Maybe there's the need of a mathematics or logics guy to fix these errors. I'm pretty sure, that's a tricky one...

Example 1: Guerrero and Zampedri in realtive ~45 seconds behind, in absolute ~9 seconds, Fittipaldi in between them is correct synchronized in both timing views:
    Unbenannt.jpg

Example 2: First error: Villeneuve and Bachelart with relative distance of 0 seconds behind - no one near in the mirror visible.
    Second error: Greco in 23rd ~5 seconds ahead while Adretti and Salazar in 24th and 25th A LOT farer away (~34 seconds) - illogic!
    Unbenannt2.jpg

Example 3: First error: Every driver without any tenths, hundreds and thousands of a fraction of a second in absolute distance view.
    Second error: Gugelmin, Greco and Bachelart with no distance in relative timing, although no car visible in front.
    Unbenannt3.jpg

Example 4: Gugelmin in absolute timing ~2 seconds ahead, in relative timing ~6 seconds.
    Unbenannt4.jpg

And SO MUCH MORE timing issues I could paste here, so much...

Steps to reproduce: Run a long race in Daytona and just observe the timings. It will be a lot of fun... :confused:

11. Marg

Marg Active Member

Version: V1.5.0.4.2375.AVX
    Track & Layout Used: Adelaide 1988 (but should be any)
    Car Used: F-Classic Gen.4 - Model 3 (can be any)
    Report: Are "wet_skills" values of riders working? Because I race at Adelaide 1988 at 92% opponent strength, when the weather is dry, and it's very OK. But if the track is wet, I am the slowest. Even with wet tires, and some other setup adjustments. I just edited wet skills entries in appropriate XML file like <wet_skills>0.03</wet_skills>, to very poor values, but no, nothing was changed AI are still faster. If I change opponent strength down to some 77%, then , yes, it's OK, cars are much slower...

• Like Like x 1
  12. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

From the release notes. Not sure if this effects you.
    • Temporarily disabled effect of driver personality stamina and tire management skills´ influence on AI lap times while AI tire wear & performance degradation is in progress

Last edited: Aug 14, 2023
  13. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: V1.5.0.4.2375

Report #1
    Tracks:
    Anything RX
    Applicable Settings: RX Preset and occasionally non-RX preset MP lobbies
    Report: Strange black screen post race, doesn't fully cover the whole screen at the bottom and the normal post race "returning to lobby" loading screen is obfuscated.

Report #2
    Track:
    Nürb RX
    Applicable Settings: RX preset MP lobby
    Report: Lobby occasionally gets split, players in lobby when launching disappear from the race. A lot of interesting behavior going on at Nürb. o_O

Report #3
    Car:
    Lancer EVO RX
    Report: Failed shift/neutral bug still present.

14. Craig Armitage

Craig Armitage New Member

If you choose the default first championship - Dollara F301, There are a couple of bugs. Firstly, the car is automatically assigned Wets even though its a dry race. Clicking to edit setup instantly changes to slicks. Secondly, I'm using VR and can see my "legs", when I brake the right foot moves rather than the left as this would be a left foot braking car.

Awesome game BTW, only had it a week and love it. Running Steam version 1.5.0.4 but these same bugs were in 1.5.0.2 also.

15. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A couple of dirt bugs that have persisted from beta
    Kart Cross - no Doppler effect (very disconcerting in replays)
    Formula dirt - player car leaves no dust plumes in replay

16. ChuckBeamer

ChuckBeamer Member AMS2 Club Member

Report #1:
    Version:
    V1.5.0.4.2375
    Report:
    Keyboard navigation doesn't work in Basic and Advanced setup screens before the race start. I can cycle between buttons on the right, but not cannot switch to tires, fuel, etc.
    In the Advanced setup screen cycling between tabs doesn't work, neither with TAB or U,I buttons.

Report #2:
    Version:
    V1.5.0.4.2375
    Cars: any
    Applicable Settings: Assists -> Authentic, Gearbox -> Manual, Autoclutch -> OFF
    Report:

I'm experiencing a weird behaviour with Autoclutch: it's enabled, while setting is set to OFF.
    (switching gears without pressing clutch goes smoothly, no horrible grinding sound, switch to N, etc).
    When i re-toggle (OFF-ON-OFF) it turns itself off correctly, but most of the times after a game restart or new race it's back to the same behaviour... It's been happening also in v1.4 (and probably in 1.3). Testing was performed on the clean and verified install with fresh settings. Did full settings reset (deleted the AMS2 folder in Docs) just in case, it didn't help.

UPD: also forgot to mention, retoggling has to be done from the settings, doing so via bound key doesn't seem to fix it.

UPD2: great, another heisenbug, seems to have fixed itself for now...

Last edited: Aug 14, 2023
  17. herakles

herakles Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: any
    Report: Debree is not cleaned up after crashes. Some parts are just graphical artifacts, some are collidable.

18. noel spence

noel spence Member AMS2 Club Member

since the latest update multi -player has become worse then ever ,total player controls disconnects i have to restart the game to get them back , lobbys staying at a standstill when everybody has selected the advance button , starting a race when the first 3 get a half a lap start and you are left standing there under starters orders
    There is probably more but to be honest multi is terrible experience
    Forgot to mention this is with a total game re-install of the game .and also other fellows had the same controller loss as me

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
  19. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: any
    Report: Ηigh GPU usage and temps on this specific screen

I get a very high gpu usage (>75 %) and temps (that s why all of my fans work) in this specific menu screen (right before you click drive). In this example 5 lap race, gr a cars, 22 car grid

Untitled.png

This happens only in this screen

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Delete, bug was caused by a mistake of mine. Sorry.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2