1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Applicable Settings: Multiplayer and Auto Clutch off
    Report: Game forgets the calibration for the clutch pedal during the start of a new MP "weekend" (practice or quali) forcing drivers to recalibrate/remap their pedals. Everyone with auto clutch off in one lobby had it happen, leading to half the lobby being unable to leave the pits. The correct pedal calibration carried over into the race, but would immediately reset to the bugged "no clutch" state once the next quali session started. This went on for 3 sessions in a row before I left to join another lobby, which didn't have the issue.

It happened to me a few months ago, which is the only reason I knew to tell everyone to recalibrate their pedals. I figured it was just an issue with my instance of the game previously, but with 5+ players complaining about it in the same lobby for several races, it sounds like an issue in specific lobbies.

2. Ricardo Nascimento

Ricardo Nascimento New Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos Historic 1976
    Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: any
    Report: When cars leave the track, they pass through the wooden and wire fences, without anything happening.

3. Qrio72

Qrio72 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: n/a
    Report: Replays still send full signals to haptic devices/motion platforms when they should only be active from the cockpit during practice/race etc.
    Steps to reproduce: Watch any replay with haptic/motion connected, then hold on to your teeth.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Doyle

Doyle New Member

I think I’ve heard that this might already be patched out in the beta, but just in case, I’d like to document it here:

Track & Layout Used: both Monza 1971 (no oval) and Spa 1971 (1000k) (seems to happen in any track, but will only actually be relevant on a handful with high top speeds)
    Car Used: Chevrolet Corvette C3.R
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Gearbox seems to shorten artificially when entering the setup screen to do anything.
    Steps to reproduce: Take the C3.R to a circuit with long straights, go out for a lap without touching the setup (should be decently geared, at least at Monza), then return to the pits and enter the setup screen. No need to change anything, just go back out and at Monza you’ll nearly hit redline before Curva Grande on pit exit. The gearing can not be re-lengthened in the setup screen, either on final drive ratio or individual 4th gear ratio. To get it back to the default gearing, I’ve had to close the entire game and reopen it - hitting “reset to default” or even backing out of the session and restarting the weekend didn’t seem to fix it.

At Spa it seems as if the default gearing is too short regardless and the car hits redline long before Masta Kink - and the AI Corvettes fly by going dozens of MPH faster than my car, so it doesn’t seem to be a limitation with the car.

It almost feels as if the car gets set up as if it had a fifth gear, to the point I’ve actually tried to shift to one which obviously doesn’t exist.

5. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: (not relevant)
    Car Used: (not relevant)
    Applicable Settings: (not relevant)
    Report: There is incoherence between FFB/feeling and visuals, leading to 'bad physics' interpretations/comments and here's why... (so I think). Some call it the center-wheel effect, like the car is rotating on a wheel on the center of the car (CoG ?). In this video

, on the last part of rotation, it's obvious the cockpit view shows the front of the car sliding/rotating/pivoting somewhere else... in fact, the trackside view shows otherwise, the car should be rotating on the FR wheel.
    Steps to reproduce: Make good donuts :whistle: (not what I did :D) see cockpit view and compare with external views

My guess is the game will feel completly different afterwards, still running the same physics

Last edited: Oct 15, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Theoloop

Theoloop Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Fontana Oval & Indy Oval, Formula USA 23
    Report: After 2 pits or so during longer races, the pit crew sends the car out with .30+ bar more tire pressure than set, and its not just cause they're hot. Some also reported that it will only do it every other pit after the first occurrence. This happened to the entire field during our Fontana 200 lap race, and at least half the field during our Indy 500
    Steps to reproduce: MP Lobby, normal tire/fuel wear, after 2 stops or more the tire pressures come out wrong even if you're using the same custom preset. Signs of this bug have been around since 2021 when we ran a Daytona 2.4 hour and DDF got minimal tire pressures when he had it set correctly in a preset.

7. Theoloop

Track & Layout Used: Fontana Ovall, Formula USA 23
    Report: Not sure if this is ping related but there seems to be a track defect on Turn 3-4 at Fontana. One raced bottomed out the car which caused him to go airborne.
    Steps to reproduce: N/A

8. Theoloop

disregard, double post.

9. Theoloop

Attached Files:

10. ZakMcKracken

ZakMcKracken New Member

Car Used: (not relevant)
    Applicable Settings: Race with some AI
    Report: AI false start by getting into reverse gear, maybe this is a feature ? (major driver error?)

11. Pubert

Pubert New Member

Car Used: BMW M6 GT3
    Applicable Settings: (not relevant)
    Report: In the extended setup you can crank up the "Slow Rebound" to 223! (should be 23 i guess)
    Steps to reproduce: I think it's always there
    Version 1.5.0.5

Attached Files:

12. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Car Used: Formula Inter (maybe others, too)
    Applicable Settings: Race
    Report: When in pits, game does not give you the choosen tyre pressure but just any!

I have set a certain tyre pressure in my pitstop settings, saved the strategy and picked it for the race. Then before pitting, I also checked whether the right strategy was there in the ICM. But I did not get the tyre pressure I wanted to have, though. :mad:
    In the first screenshot, you see what I had set in my strategy, in the second, what the pressure actually was after tyre change.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Theoloop

I think the pressure in the menu is cold pressure, and when it drops on track its higher as the tires are warm. But there is a pit bug pressure issue though, generally its a more dramatic change than this.

14. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Car Used: Formula Inter (maybe others, too)
    Applicable Settings: Race against AI, 20 minutes, two weather slots (sunny/rain, 5x weather progression):
    Report: AI does not have any proper tyre strategy at all, it is all coincidence

Did two races with this settings, in both, the track was wet in second half of the race.

Race 1: No mandatory stop. Most AI stayed out on slicks the whole race, the track was completely soaked, though. Just crawling around and losing much time instead of changing tyres.

Race 2: 1 mandatory tyre stop. All AI pitted once, but half of the field in early stages of the race when it still was dry. They all changed to slicks again and then, when track was completely wet, decided to stay out instead of doing a second stop, without having any change to have a proper lap and compete with the other half of the field which came in later (when it rained) for wets.

AI should pit when situation on track makes it necessary, no matter if mandatory stops are activated or not:
    Wet weather- Wets (If those cars do not have all weather-tyres)
    Dry weather - Slicks/Dry tyres

The way it is now makes races in changing weather conditions rather worthless.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2023
  15. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Track & Layout Used: seems to happen in any track
    Car Used: Copa Classic B (any car)
    Report: Sky starts flashing in VR as cars jump into the pits during an online MP race.
    Steps to reproduce: Have cars dive into the pits during a MP race, other cars that drive by the pits will see the sky flash black. If far away from the pits the sky doesn't flash, only seems to happen close to pits.

16. Tinez

Tinez New Member

Please just remove the car jacking up in the pits if this bug is causing difficulty to fix.
    Having the car raise up in the pit box is less important than having an immersive experience on track.
    With a sim as pretty as this, when people see cars floating above the track it ruins the experience and I'm seeing it in almost half the races I'm involved in.
    If I had the choice to prioritise 1 bug fix, this would be it.
    Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Track: Imola historic 1972
    Car: Any formula
    Settings: With any setting except the absolutely hardest springs - that only minimise it :whistle:
    Report: Since day one there has been an unrealistic hole in the mesh. And if it has been there in RL all drivers would have been killed:rolleyes:

Hole bug in mesh text.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Track: Imola historic 1972
    Car: formula Reiza
    Settings: TT Mode
    Report; I thought this BUG which has been from day one was solved 2 upd back. But it has returned.

ImolaHist72 3wheel_FReiza.jpg

19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This bug wasn't solved in main release yet.

20. STV_Robin

STV_Robin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: N/A
    Car Used: N/A
    Applicable Settings: Saved Replay (about 1h long)
    Report: I am getting a message in replay theatre saying the gallery is full but there should only be one replay in there as I deleted loads of not needed replays anymore and it says I don't have any saved replays.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1