1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

It's strange, I was using it yesterday and it works fine, could it be that it has errors on some tracks?

2. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

Track & Layout Used: Cataluña GP (Without Chicane)
    Car Used: Stock Car 2020
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Black stripes appear on the repeat.
    Automobilista 2 17_12_2023 17_28_50.png

3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Version: Current Beta (NOTFORMEDIA)
    Track & Layout Used
    : Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: D-box Motion (AMS2 motion code updated recently), new setting for "Reactivity Dampening" on Roll & Pitch. In theory, this parameter should help to provide a sweet-spot for shift / braking / accel effects (Pitch).
    Report: D-box motion effects (overall) still limited to track surface. No motion effects off-track or on dirt surfaces.
    Additionally, on / off throttle & brake effects are extremely slow to respond (Pitch motion). Brake effect is somewhat delayed under heavy braking / accel motion is delayed and very gradual after pressing accelerator. Decreasing Pitch Dampening does not seem to have desired effect without producing very harsh clutch-engagement & shift-effect when Damping gets below default setting of 40. NOTE: this issue has been present for some time but, seems to have gotten worse since off-track motion stopped working.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Dean14

Dean14 New Member

Is it possible to change the fuel reading from liters to gallons in the HUD.
    I use Crew Chief while racing and it reports fuel in gallons and i have also changed the in game settings to imperial.
    I looked through the settings in the "edit HUD" under options and could not find a way to change it.
    Also if i change the in game settings back to metric it changes the oil temp to celsius and vice versa,but it does not change the fuel from liters to gallons when i switch back to imperial.
    See attached picture.
    Automobilista 2.png

Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
  5. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

The longitudinal forces, i.e. braking and acceleration, are delayed and no longer synchronous in my next level racing motion. Run the official version, not a beta. But I'm not sure whether it's the Reiza update or the motion. I still have to do some tests for this

6. Oleg Kaban

Oleg Kaban New Member

Version: active only after 1.5.3.5
    Track & Layout Used: Londrina Long
    Applicable Settings: Practice and Qualifying modes (can't confirm in Race yet).
    Report: On the outlap (and sometimes on flying lap) going in the right part of the track, the AI seems to find an obstacle (not visible) once start/finish straight goes into T1, right before the first "50m" sign. AI slows down to like 5kph, and takes a sharp turn to middle of the track, avoiding "obstacle", then proceeds to race as if nothing happened.
    Apparently theres a very noticable bump on the track surface right in this section, I suppose it is modeled after the real thing, and AI may perceive it as a physical barrier (a one good modeled AI, I suppose), thus trying to avoid it. But it wasn't the case before v 1.5.3.5, I drive this track very often and AI absolutely didn't do this whole thing before the latest public release.
    Steps to reproduce: Create a race with AI with practice/quali, go out of pits after a bunch of AI cars, see them pile up at the end of the straight.

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I am able to reduce the damping level to zero and it does improve the Pitch-speed somewhat but, still not comparable to other titles. The negative side effect is harshness in shifts and limiter effects.

8. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

My problem has been solved.It wasn't the Reiza update, it was an update to Next Level Racing that shifted my longitudinal powers a bit.Have you limited everything to the track surface with your D-Box? No movement effects off the track or on unpaved surfaces?I don't have this problem, the Motion runs very well even off the track or on unpaved surfaces.I also use a vibration mat with the Motion.However, I had to change the interaction between the game and the app.In my system that means:

Shared Memory: Project Cars 2
    UDP frequency: 6
    UDP protocol: Project Cars 2

This is the only way things work perfectly for me.I think each Motion may react differently and how it interacts with different apps.I hope you can solve your problem too

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Are you sure you have motion blur set to at least low in Options?
    As soon as I turn it on there, it works fine in photo mode.

10. Thomas G.

Thomas G. New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: McLaren MP4/6
    Report: Rear Wing have an graphic issue
    Steps to reproduce: look at the MP 4/6 rear wing

Version 1.5.3.5. 2458.AVX

Attached Files:

11. b5gt28

b5gt28 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Imola 1972
    Car Used: 911 RSR GTE
    Applicable Settings: Weather - Random (clear) transitioning to Thunderstorm, nighttime.
    Report: The track went to instant wet traction, but there was no rain or visible water on the track. Reset to pits, and the track appeared wet but still no rain. Usually Crew Chief will come over the radio telling me it's starting to rain, but he didn't. Went sliding off the track in multiple turns.
    Steps to reproduce: Not sure, this is the first time of many attempts at this race that it occurred.

12. NR The-Boss

NR The-Boss Bug Hunter AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Auto Club Oval & Road Course, Suzuka Classic, East, and Full (Probably Others)
    Car Used: Formula Ultimate Gen 2, Formula V10 Gen 2 (Probably other F1-adjacent cars)
    Applicable Settings: Required Pit Stop, 5x Tire Wear and Fuel, 25 Minute Race
    Report: AI make more pitstops than necessary, player can make a one or two stop work with same rules and everything while AI does 4, 5, sometimes 6 pitstops. Ruins immersion and makes AI unusable for the kind of racing I do since they aren't able to do the same strategy as me.

EDIT: After some testing, I've discovered a few things. This issue is not related to the use of custom AI files, as I did a test both with and without those files. In my most recent race at Fontana, a 25 minute race for the AI driving Formula V10 Gen 2 cars had the AI pitting 5 times, while I pitted a very comfortable 3 times. They were all 3 laps down.

Additionally, it doesn't affect all cars, as the F3 cars and GT5 cars both work fine.

EDIT EDIT: Seems like turning off 5x tire wear and fuel fixes the issue, so probably something to do with that setting. Still hope that this issue is fixed because 5x tires and fuel is a lot of fun.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
  13. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg GP
    Car Used: F3
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer race
    Report: After a crash in T1 of L1, the SC came out (FCY). Although overtaking should not be allowed (there is a sign on the screen telling you to follow car in front), people could still overtake without getting a penalty or even a warning, which led to maximum confusion on track. Nobody really knew whom to follow. Penalties were activated for our races.
    In my case, I was on P3 when FCY started and got overtaken by several cars during FCY without consequences. On restart, I was on P8.
    So, FCY does not work properly in MP.

14. RonRoyce

RonRoyce New Member

Track & Layout Used: Spa Historic
    Car Used: F-Ultimate/Ultimate Gen 2
    Report: Cannot leave pit lane.
    Steps to reproduce: Go to Test Day, select Spa Historic (either), Select F-Ultimate or Ultimate Gen2, go to track. The car is seen bouncing around on the pit lane and the pit crew come out with tyres. If you go into the cockpit you will see the clutch depressed fully, the engine running and the brake/throttle repeatedly and randomly pulsing on and off, with the gear cycling N, 1, R. the wheel will turn left then straight and there's a hand stop sign in front of you. You can't do anything to stop it, you can't drive and none of your controls work. if you disconnect all your peripherals it still continues. I even connected a different (wired) keyboard and deleted/disconnected my wheel, no change.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2023
  15. pr07

pr07 Member

Track & Layout Used: Goiania, probably all tracks.
    Car Used: Sigma P1, but also happened to me on many other cars, probably happens on all of them.
    Applicable Settings: Accelerated fuel x3, probably also happens on any other setting of fuel and tyre wear; Damage on.
    Report: During a pitstop, the pit crew repairs the car even with the repair option on the in-car menu turned off for all repairs. Ruined quite a few races I've done when my team ramdomly decides it's a good idea to repair my engine. Does not always happen though, since 1.5.3 I've only had it happen to me once actually, but it's extremely frustrating when it does happen.
    Steps to reproduce: Turn off all repairs on the in-car menu, and do many pitstops.

16. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Track & Layout Used: Monza 1991 (only one tested)
    Car Used: GT Classic (only class tested)
    Applicable Settings: Rolling Start, watching replay
    Report: Starting the replay after the race, only my car is moving up the grid, while the AI are in a line stood still, like they were at the beginning of the formation/rolling lap. When my car got to a point past the starting line, suddenly the AI were picked up again properly. 20231230223237_1.jpg
    (at this point, the AI 'kicked back in' like Lap 1, and replay continues like normal)
    20231230223331_1.jpg

17. thun0r

thun0r New Member

Track & Layout Used: Silverstone (full modern)
    Car Used: GT3 Gen1 (only class tested)
    Applicable Settings: Rolling Start, Single Race (no quali or practice), light rain
    Report: During race driving out of corner 'Stowe' past pit entrance the 'Pit speed limit' comes up telling me its a 60 zone until corner 'Vale' and it disappears. Happens every race lap on the racing line of the track.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2023
  18. twistking

twistking Member

Track & Layout Used: All
    Car Used: All
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer with added AI
    Report: I think i've already reported this problem many years ago, but have additional info now.
    When hosting a MP game with added AI drivers, all clients see the AI drivers with wrong steering angle. So a car would go straight, but tires would visually steer in one direction. Sometimes AI cars would also go at a slight angle, as if they would be drifting even though they are driving in a straight line.
    Additional info: Currently we only reproduced the problem when host and client were not on the same exe. (AVX vs non AVX executable). We simply could not test with all host and clients running the same exe. Some years ago there were some other more significant issues with MP between different binaries (car/sim speed!!), which got fixed before we had it properly tested to make a good bug report, so maybe that AI steering sync issues is also related to MP between different binaries?

19. Semirron

Semirron New Member

Track & Layout Used: Spa 1993, Imola 1988, Daytona Road Course (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: Nissan R390 GT1, Porsche 962C, Nissan GT-R GT3 (seems to happen in any car)
    Applicable Settings: Tire Wear set to non-zero value
    Report: When making a pit stop to swap from user to AI driver, new tires are not applied to the car. The car will sit for the time it takes to change the tires, but when the AI driver takes over the tire wear does not reset. Tire change works properly when AI driver comes into pits to swap back to user control or to stay with AI control, this only happens when switching from user to AI control. First noticed this first during a race session when the AI would come in to pit shortly after doing a driver swap due to fully worn tires (no other issues with pit stop strategy during that race - fuel was fine and all AI-to-AI and AI-to-user pitstops worked fine over a 4 hour race). Have been able to reproduce this in multiple different practice sessions.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive a car in any session with tire wear enabled (practice or race) and request swap to AI control for a pitstop where tires are changed.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
  20. CJ7777777

CJ7777777 New Member

Version: active only after 1.5.5.0
    Track & Layout Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Custom Championship
    Report: All Custom championships are locked at 20 cars. I tried to set up a LMdH and GT3 championship and the game always reverted the grid size from the max to 20. I tried to edit other championships and noticed the same issue