1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Louis Marlowe

Louis Marlowe New Member

Track - Any
    Car - LMDh class (any car)

Tire blankets have been banned out-of-the-pits, but they haven't been banned for tire changes in pit stops. If you box for fresh rubber, they'll be hot on pit exit.

2. Dan44AFCB

Dan44AFCB Member AMS2 Club Member

Just also confirming same issue. I thought the issue was with lapped cars, but when I DNFed at Long Beach, I still gor 10th in class out of 18.

• Like Like x 1
  3. James F

James F New Member

Noticed yesterday the lap counter seems to be off, the large one in the top left corner of the screen. It isn't in sync with the smaller counter that is part of the overlay that shows your position and cars behind and ahead of you. It's one lap behind.

4. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: -
    Car Used: F-Vintage G1M2 (V12)
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: front suspensions looks unnatural, much positive camber with relaxed springs
    Steps to reproduce:
    ss132051.jpg

5. lozarcher

lozarcher New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: SteamVR with in-game resolution at 2560x1440
    Report: In VR, the game is also rendered on desktop (a mirrored view of what I see in the headset). In SteamVR specifically, the hud on that desktop view works perfectly when the game resolution is at 1920x1080 but at 2560x1440 the hud is still rendered within the 1080p boundaries and can't be changed.

This is a SteamVR issue specifically. Oculus has it's own issues with the desktop mirrored hud but not this exact issue and not what I'm reporting.

I'm relatively competent so if there are startup parameters or a config file I can edit to make this work correctly then please do let me know. Many thanks.

Steps to reproduce: Load into VR with SteamVR, with an in-game resolution of 2560x1440. Go to track and notice hud on the desktop view..

6. ThijsTurbo

ThijsTurbo New Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos Historic 1976
    Car Used: Formula Retro Gen2 (Brabham BT49)
    Applicable Settings: custom championship, 20 laps, FCY=yes
    Report: after 7 of the 20 laps there is an FCY. This will be maintained until the end of the 20 lap race. After lap 11 I made a pitstop and the AI took over the FCY until the end of the race.
    Steps to reproduce: ??

7. manfer

manfer Member

The hud settings are completely buggy in ams2, especially in vr. If I want to adjust or move the HUD in VR, I first have to set the resolution way down in the Oculus app, otherwise I can't capture the HUD elements at all. It took me a long time to figure this out!

8. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Le Mans 24H layout
    Car Used: Cadillac V-Series.R
    Applicable Settings: TT with minimum tyre pressure
    Report: the set tyre pressure is at minimum (1.5 Bar), but the pressure when going on the track is 1.64 Bar according to the HUD
    Steps to reproduce: Put the tyre pressure to minimum and see that it isn’t the same on track

9. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

Track & Layout Used: -
    Car Used: BMW M Hybrid V8 LMDh
    Applicable Settings: VR
    Report: default view is very low and forward compared to the Cadillac LMDh (same chassis). It can be adjusted with seat control, but the central mirror is out of center if you rise a bit the seat.
    Steps to reproduce: -

10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Formula V 12
    Applicable Settings: Race with AI
    Report: When weather changes from dry to wet, AI is way too fast on slicks on an already soaked track. They seem not to have any problems with traction when going out of corners.

11. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Track: Spa 2022
    Car Used: Porsche LMDh
    Applicable Settings: Race with AI
    Report: 1h race with 25x acceleration with tyre wear and fuel in authentic, refueling allowed on pitstops, mandatory pitstop. Came in to refuel after 45 minutes, pit stop MFD would just blink when I requested pitstop (would appear up, and then close itself really fast), but I set up to add 6 laps of fuel and change tyres and came in regardless. Stopped in the pit box, they fitted new tyres and didn't add any fuel and let me go, ruined my race :/ Not the first time this has happened with me either, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but setting up a stop on the MFD is extremely inconsistent, sometimes you set to add fuel and they'll just ignore you. This is the 2nd time I've tried doing a longer race and the 2nd time this has happened with the same MFD glitch.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. lozarcher

lozarcher New Member

I have this same issue with the "request pitstop" button in the MFD just blinking a pit board sign up when I make the request. I use crew chief along side AMS2 and just mash the request button until CC gives me a "pit stop requested" confirmation. Not ideal but it doesn't let me down.

Example: https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxK_yDq5p7cO-RDetnll3WwyjASkBKaIwf

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. pr07

pr07 Member

Track: Buenos Aires 6-S (probably happens on other tracks)
    Car Used: McLaren MP4-12 (probably happens with other cars)
    Applicable Settings: Acceleratted tire and fuel wear 3x
    Report: When I came in for my pitstop, the AI took over control of my car, even though I had the driver swap option off.

14. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Sorry for asking, but did you activate manual pitstops in your gameplay settings?

15. pr07

pr07 Member

Yes, I do have manual pitstops activated, the AI only took control of my car after I stopped on my pitbox, and continued to drive my car after it left the pits, exactly what you would expect from a driver swap. I should have been clearer on my report.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Yerffej

Yerffej Active Member

Track: All
    Car Used: All
    Applicable Settings:
    Controller Vibration
    Report: Since the last two updates the upshift vibration when using auto gearbox is not there, but it is there on when using manual upshift.
    Thanks

17. Czondi Levente

Czondi Levente New Member

Dear Reiza please fix the McLaren 720S Evo GT3 3d model from the cockpit view has some issues the non evo version is good but the moving parts are not moving like in other cars

18. Guillermo D. Luque

Guillermo D. Luque New Member

Track: All.
    Car Used: Porsche GT3 - G2.
    Applicable Settings: Grip, stability and general car setting,
    Report:
    I don't know what they did with the Gen2 GT3s, but the Porsche has become absolutely horrible to drive. After today's patch he lost a lot of grip, he's over-stearing all the time and the FF is horrible and unreal. :(

19. CooperBud2015

CooperBud2015 New Member

Track: Le Mans
    Car Used: Any with headlights
    Applicable Settings: VR, night, low and full beam headlights
    Report: After the V1.5.5.1 update, at night when your headlights first hits a trackside marshal, there was a nice little detail of the light hitting the reflective strip on their suits which looked realistic and added to the immersion especially in VR. Since the V1.5.5.2 this has been removed which is a shame.

20. S.Carassi

S.Carassi Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: All
    Car Used: AMG GT4
    Report: Rear tires float over the track
    Steps to reproduce: clearly visible in the replay
    1066890_20240122163006_1.png

• Agree Agree x 1