1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. SpaceYam

SpaceYam Member AMS2 Club Member

Game version: 1.5.5.5 with patch deployed on 07-02-2024 (AEST)
    Track & Layout Used: Spa 2022
    Car Used: P4
    Applicable Settings: Weather - Light Cloud. Custom championship.
    Report: AI qualified first through an incomplete lap after returning to pit and using "Skip to End" option. As you can see in the image, it shows no time for the third sector and the lap time is significantly (unrealistically) faster than everyone else
    Steps to reproduce: Has only occurred on this one occasion to my knowledge. I completed a couple of good laps, and skipped to end.

Attached Files:

2. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Brands Hatch
    Car Used: GT3 Gen2 and GT3 Gen1 GT4
    Applicable settings :single race using GT3 gen1 / gen 2 and GT4
    Report: when crossing the start finish line the two cars in front disappear for a split second.

3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Car Used: F_Classic Gen 3, McLaren Low Downforce (maybe it occurs with other cars and classes, too)
    Track & Layout Used: Monza 1991 (maybe others, too)
    Report: Weird setup bug.
    Game loads my setup from Le Mans, where I raced before with this car. I switch back to "Default" and press "Drive". When I go back to setup screen, Le Mans setup gets loaded again, even when I have DELETED it (it just gets restored by game all the time).
    Come on Reiza!!! :(

Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. olilem

olilem New Member

Track & Layout Used: Watkins Glen
    Car Used: GT3 Gen2 and LMDh
    Report: In our league race, the left front wheel completely detached from the Mclaren GT3 gen 2 seemingly out of nowhere. In one instance the car had no damage. This happened to two separate drivers with completely different computer setups etc. But only happened to the Mclarens.
    One happened while under braking, one happened while driving in a straight line. This is a pretty scary bug as no one in our league wants to use the car if this is a potential issue to deal with.
    We were running Full Damage - Medium.
    Pit stop errors - OFF
    Random Failures - OFF

Steps to reproduce: Drive the new Mclaren GT3 car around until a wheel falls off.
    And this is in latest build, happened last night.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
  5. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.5.5.5
    Car Used: n/a
    Applicable Settings: n/a
    Report: I get a CTD (sent a bug splat)
    Steps to reproduce: Starting a new championship (clicking on the '+' sign) I get a CTD.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Cee Infiniti

Cee Infiniti New Member

Car Used: Ginetta G40 Cup and GT5
    Applicable Settings: Custom Championship, Multiclass, Multiclass scoring, any points type, two timed races per round, random weather, standing and rolling starts, Full Course Yellows, Flags, Mechanical Failures, Max Damage, Max AI agression, 105 skill, 100% session length, pitstop refulling allowed, 60kph pit speed
    Report: Custom Championships turn off multiclass scoring, available liveries throws an error in editor.
    Steps to reproduce: Make any custom championship with multiple rounds and tracks using the Ginetta G40 (either cup or GT5 class) and make it a multiclass championship with manual selection of classes. Occurred with different points scoring systems (I recently used Ginetta G40 GT5 scoring).
    Turn class scoring on, full course yellows on, allow pit stop fueling, and set pit speed limit to 60kph. Select the desired livery and start the championship, then start the first round. Class scoring will not be present. Return to the championship editor and class scoring will be set to "no" and a red error symbol will appear next to the available liveries tab.

7. manfer

manfer Member

Track & Layout Used: Daytona
    Car Used: DPI
    Applicable Settings: - Singleplayer , 2 Hours and 25 Minutes, Factor : x10, Real Weather, Starttime 27th Jan 2024 14:00h
    Report: Its the real Date of 24 h Daytona this year. At the last 45 Minutes ingame it rains. That´s not real weather - in Daytona this year there were no rain.

8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Reproduced it, no problem here.
    There was this bug after one of latest updates, but it has already been patched.
    You might try to validate your game files on Steam, maybe there is some kind of corrupted file.

9. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I did a validation twice. Also after deinstalling all MOD content, before adding this bug report. After sending the bug report I renamed the folder with the champsionships and then had no issues (but I lost my current championship with 3 races to go of the 25 races).

10. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

The recently-added trackside flag light indicators obscure the cameras on some tracks.
    Most notably the Mirabeau approach camera at Azure Circuit(Monaco). o_O
    • Car / Track used: Azure Circuit.
    • AI Strength setting: N/A.
    • AI Aggression setting: N/A.
    • Session Distance: N/A.
    • Weather when the issue was observed: N/A.
    • Player Tyre: N/A.
    • AI Tyre (if known to be different from player): N/A.
    • Type of session: All.
    mirabeau.jpg

Related: there are still no lights on (and marshals/people!) in the Tunnel! :eek:
    tunnel.jpg

Last edited: Feb 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gillish

Gillish Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any, online/offline timetrial/singlerace/... but most strongly in online multiplayer sessions
    Report: Stutter that seems not related to framerate -> physics stutter/skipping?
    Steps to reproduce: Drive any car/track and see the stutter, motion smoothness is interrupted every second or so. I play with a 120fps framerate limiter (using MSI afterburner/rivatuner) and I don't see any frametime deviation in a frametime graph, however the game is constantly 'stuttering', the forward motion is not smooth, every second or so there is a little skip. This has started recently, possibly since one of the latest patches?
    I'm running a Ryzen 5 5600x with 32GB ram and a Radeon RX 6800, running 3440x1440 exclusive fullscreen and I'm basically always getting a locked 120fps. This stutter is a real bummer, as I always loved the smoothness and responsiveness of AMS2, and this jarring stutter really spoils the experience. It does seem to be worse in multiplayer but I also see some stutters in singleplayer. Let me repeat that it doesn't look like framerate stutter because the frametime graph is perfectly smooth, but more like some issue with the sync between physics engine and graphics engine.

Weirdly, when returning to the menu after driving I'm getting weird framerates in the menus now, it's constantly going up and down around 40-60fps (whereas previously it was always just 120fps locked), and combined with the freesync display I'm using this gives brightness flicker in the menus because it's going in and out of variable refresh rate range. It looks like this on the frametime graph:
    upload_2024-2-11_18-17-47.png
    Usually when I alt-tab out of the game and back in, it's gone, but returning to the menu after a driving session always bring it back. To me this menu-framerate thing seems like a separate issue from the motion-stutter in game tho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. muzarati

muzarati Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Single player
    Report: As report above, getting stutter that seems not related to framerate, no fps drops or variation in frametime, seems to be at the same parts of the circuit though. I reported Galeao Airport which is really bad but have now had this issue at different circuits, Oulton Park near pit exit is one example
    Steps to reproduce: Drive in single player at Galaeo Airport & Oulton Park

13. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: Formula V12
    Applicable Settings: VR
    Report: The left mirror doesn't adjust correctly horizontally, the setting -100 until 50 does nothing at all (it's just stuck). Only the last 50 does something but it's impossible to get the left mirror to look normal so that you can see what's behind you. The right mirror works normal/is perfect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

According to my quick testing of Classic F1 cars the following cars can not set time trial times:

Formula Classic Gen2 McLaren MP4/4 - Low Downforce
    Formula Classic Gen3 Model 2 - any version
    Formula Classic Gen3 Model 3 - any version
    Formula Classic Gen3 Model 4 - any version

It says:

"NO RECORDS SET

LEADERBOARD NOT AVAILABLE FOR CURRENT VEHICLE AND TRACK SELECTION"

20240213230647_1.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track Used: Termas de Rio Hondo
    Report: The 3D marshals pop in akwardly(so they spawn "without heads / half body"). So the exact same bug that has recently been fixed in LeMans, Cadwell Park and Jerez Historic still applies on this track.

The second issue of this track is that the "red building" at the start of the race/grid(left side) "clips" in VR, it doesn't render in my left eye when I'm driving close to it. It should render simply a bit longer but it "disappears" in my left eye to early, so the building gets "transparant" in the last ~5% of the outer FoV of the HMD when it shouldn't be.

16. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

Version: 1.5.5.6
    Car Used: Formula Junior
    Track Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: In Formula Junior audio from the roof view is stuttering.

17. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

Car Used: McLaren Senna
    Track Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: It happens when you lose control of the car, on any track, and with any driving configuration.
    Sin título.jpg

18. ChasteWand

ChasteWand Member

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg but present at every track/layout I've driven.
    Car Used: Mclaren GT3 720s Evo gen 2 again present in every car I've driven.
    Applicable Settings: race requiring pitstop for tyres, not tested with mandatory tyre change in rules.
    Report: brake temperatures reset to cold if tyres are changed. Front brake temp resets as soon as tyre change is complete, rears when you exit pit box.
    Steps to reproduce: pit, change tyres, observe brake temps.

19. madeinbrazil140

madeinbrazil140 New Member

Track & Layout Used: ALL
    Car Used: Formula V10
    Applicable Settings: Whatever
    Report: The Formula V10 has a bug in the sound.
    Steps to reproduce: In the first shifts the car reproduce a strange sound, later is normal

20. decoherence

decoherence New Member

Car Used: Multiclass (LMDH, GT3)
    Track Used: Montreal
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer
    Report: I recieved a drive through penalty for passing a car before the start during a rolling start before I even had control of the car.