Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

This isn’t a bug with AMS2, PCMT need to update the mod for this bug to stop

2. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Not sure if this affects anyone else but I have just set the resolution to higher than native which is working well apart from if I click on the performance tab in the menu it quits the game back to desktop.
    Everything else is ok and plays fine but if I click on the performance menu it shuts the game down. Any ideas ?

sorted it , It was a setting I’d changed in the nvcp.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2024
  3. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Thunderflash, Robillard and VRC have allready updated their mods. So most of available mods should work again after re installing...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. gdubmx

gdubmx Member AMS2 Club Member

I've just gone to 1 of my 2 custom championships and alas it doesn't work.

So to reiterate my previous post on bugged custom championships, it seems random and I cannot pinpoint the cause.

So I'm now down to just 1 custom championship at a time before creating a new one.

5. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Custom race keeps defaulting to the the stock car on every reboot, the chosen track remains though. This has been ongoing for a few months which is slightly annoying especially when using multi classes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. TacticalNuclearPingu

TacticalNuclearPingu Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track: Montreal 91
    Car: Porsche GT1
    Issue: Opponent's car body not visible on screen during race. Driver was visible, and was the shadow and the exhaust flames. Car appeared on timing and radar correctly.
    Notes: This was a Multiplayer P2P lobby. I checked the replay and the car is correctly displayed there. User was Jeffh77 as shown in the image. I've attached my MP log file from the session. During the race, there was 1 disconnect (different user - ChrisTheFrenchyOne)

Attached Files:

7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you any livery packs in use?

8. TacticalNuclearPingu

TacticalNuclearPingu Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I did - I have a partial pack for the Mercedes. This is the first time this has happened, but I’m not sure if the driver had selected the same slot as the previous races

Last edited: Apr 9, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Version: 1.5.6.1
    Car Used: F-HiTech Gen 2
    Track Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: VR using this livery pack
    F_Hitech gen 2
    Report: Non-VR everything is alright, but when using VR the rear wings on multiple cars have a broken livery, possibly some VR rendering issue ?
    45742.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. asalton

asalton Copa Classic driver

Version: 1.5.6.1.AVX
    Car Used: Formula V10 Gen2
    Track Used: Hockenheim
    Applicable Settings: Manual pitstops OFF
    Report: The car crashes into the garage when leaving the pits on their own

11. asalton

Version: 1.5.6.1.AVX
    Car Used: Any
    Track Used: Any
    Report: In multiplayer, when I have +20 players in a session, my car runs much slower than others, like the whole simulation is dragging.
    I should probably get a better machine :(

12. Bealdor

Bealdor Member

Version: 1.5.6.2.AVX
    Car Used: Fany
    Track Used: any
    Applicable Settings: Custom Championship / Livetrack Preset
    Report: When creating a custom championship the livetrack preset setting of any session (P, Q, R) is not saved and will always revert to "Default Progression".
    This does not happen in Single Race mode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Racer44SM

Racer44SM New Member

I’ve had this bug a few times. On latest version of AMS2 public release and previous ones too. It is very random and difficult to replicate.

basically my TC and ABS just disappear: disable completely during race sessions.

My setup has always been genuine assists in the main game options and I have not changed these.

However this has happened randomly during races where the TC and ABS simply turn off completely. GT3 gen 2 cars.

It will literally not respond or come back unless I quit the session. Go back to main menu and reload a new session. Then it is back as it should be.

14. CrimsonEminence

Are you using any custom pitlane speed setting?

15. asalton

Dear Crimson,
    As a matter of fact yes, I had 80 km/h.

16. AgentS26

AgentS26 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Test session, Nordschleife 2020, Watkins Glen (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: McLaren Senna
    Report: Car freezes and rear wheels appear heavily distorted. Sometimes car will glitch quickly between two positions. Rear tire temps appear to overflow to -2147483646 and pressure displays -NaN. Brake temps are 47483. The fronts appear normal.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the Senna particularly rough, crashing with the left side of the vehicle or hitting a bump particularly hard. Also seems to occur when landing after getting a little bit of air if the car lands on the left side first.

Other info: playing on steam deck, proton 8.0-5

17. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.5.6.2
    Car Used: GTE Corvette
    Track Used: 24hr Nurburgring
    Applicable Settings: Test day
    Flickering, black out of main display, especially around wooded Nordschleife -- feature or error?
    ss134235.jpg Just a second later....
    ss134254.jpg

18. LostPatrol

LostPatrol New Member

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but is there currently a known issue with the Fuel estimates on the setup screen?

I quite often do quick races around 12 laps, I tend to stick a few laps of extra fuel in just to be safe but recently in a lot of races with different cars I’m struggling to make it to the end.

I don’t expect it to be super accurate but if you’r taking two extra laps worth of fuel for a 12 lap race around something like Barcelona I would have at least expected to make it to the end fairly comfortably.

Just done a 12 lap race around Barcelona. 720s GT3. Defaultish setup just a change to the front ARB. 34L of fuel supposedly enough for 14 laps and ended up running out as I crossed the line and that was short shifting and dropping into the medium engine mapping for the last lap.

Is the estimate based on the low fuel mapping or do I maybe have to run practice or qualifying to get an accurate estimate on the setup screen?

Thanks

19. CrimsonEminence

To get a more accurate reading, doing around 5 laps in practice/qualy and returning to the pits will show you a better calculated number more individualized to your on track consumption.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. mexerasus

mexerasus New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any track.
    Car Used: Any car.
    Applicable Settings: -
    Report: Not being able to leave the replay with a controller (gamepad). The game in Steam marked as "Full controller support", but I need to use a mouse to leave a race replay. Please, add a function that I can leave replay by pressing "B", "Start" or any other button on a gamepad. It is not hard to implement, but would add so much more convenience.
    Steps to reproduce: Go to any track on any car in any game mode. Then use a gamepad to enter a race replay and try to leave that mode using a gamepad, you can't.