Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. R_B3CK3R

R_B3CK3R New Member

Track & Layout Used: Brasilia Outer
    Car Used: Opala Stock Car 1979
    Applicable Settings: any
    Report: Tachometer stoped work after watch replay mid race
    Steps to reproduce: Watch replay mid race

[​IMG]

2. Spinninggenius

Spinninggenius New Member

Not a bug on track, but in Championship mode it shows I have 1 completed championship, and have 1 ongoing championship, but no button exists to click to start a new championship?

3. Bealdor

Bealdor Member

Have you tried / Are you running a championship with a DLC car you don't own?

4. Djeantleman

Djeantleman New Member

Piste et itinéraire emprunté : tous
    voiture utilisée : Gt3 LMDH GTE Ou tout
    Paramètres applicables: tous

Rapport :

nous rencontrons toujours les mêmes problèmes avec l'équipe d'endurance.

-impossible de faire le plein pour certains (aléatoire)

-en fin de course il est toujours possible de se rendre au stand pour réparer ou changer les pneus même si les stands sont théoriquement fermés.

-parfois les changements de pneus ne sont pas pris en compte (aléatoire).

voici quelques gros défauts qui reviennent souvent.

Merci pour votre travail .

5. Spinninggenius

Spinninggenius New Member

Nope, the active one if F V12 and the completed one is the LMDH's, and I started that one after I purchased it.

6. AWu

AWu New Member

Track & Layout Used: Imola (current); time attack with two ghosts Car Used: Porsche 911 GT3R
    Applicable Settings: nice Weather, nothing special
    Report: When crossing the speed limit line of the pitlane all controls are disabled and the game crashes the car into left side of pit wall
    Steps to reproduce: Happens always! No way to enter the pitlane, anymore.
    First picture right before, second directly after crossing the pitlane speed limit line
    2024-04-18_09h22_14.png
    2024-04-18_09h22_42.png

7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you have manual pitstops enabled or disabled?

8. AWu

AWu New Member

Manual pitstops are disabled in the settings.
    I can remember after enabling it I can request a pitstop and then a small menu with yellow font appears. However, I don't know what to do with it. When I enter the pitlane then I don't see were my box is. Furthermore, no lollipop man and no mechanics are coming out.

9. manfer

manfer Member

Track & Layout Used: Nordschleife (24) Car Used: GT3 Gen2
    Applicable Settings: 60 minute race, no mandotory pitstop but pitting is allowed
    Report: most of the AI is running out of fuel in the last lap

• Like Like x 1
  10. eri

eri New Member

Car used: formula vintage
    Report issue:I never see the driver's hand moving the stick to change the speed.

11. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

Track & Layout Used: Any Track
    Car Used: GT3
    Applicable Settings: Rain, VR
    Report: The spray from other cars and the spray from the front wheels of the car being driven can be seen inside the cockpit of the car. This was also an issue with the GT4 cars I believe.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2024
  12. herakles

herakles Member

Track & Layout Used: Long Beach
    Car Used: Formula USA Gen 1
    Applicable Settings: any
    Report: Instand flip or my car after pushing button to show pit menu on screen. Game values for tyre temps, brake temps, etc. completely rubbish, check picture!
    Steps to reproduce: Have not been able to reproduce, just happened once - sorry!

Attached Files:

13. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

What other settings are you using ? I tested the Vintage and the gear chances happen. Are you sure you aren't using automatic shifting ? For some reason when set to auto the animation has been removed.

14. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Version: 1.5.5.6
    Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Opala Stock Cars 1979
    Applicable Settings: None
    Report: External cameras show the driver has hands in the wrong position, cockpit camera has them correctly.
    Steps to reproduce: Use the "monitor" function, chase camera, or watch a replay of the Opala 1979 cars and you will see the driver hands like this:
    20240421193454_1 – kópia.jpg

15. SRS13Rastus

SRS13Rastus Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: All tracks tried.

Car Used
    : All cars tried.

Applicable Settings
    : N/A

: When joining online lobbies in Practice or Qualifying, for the first 2 minutes (or very close to it) all opponent cars are going well off course (even crashing into walls and getting damage) yet are not losing speed and appear to be stable as if still on the tarmac, this includes any and all AI cars.
    After this 2 minute window all cars begin instead, to jump back and forth (no side to side deviation just forwards and backwards) by about a car length.
    This continues until roughly the 4 minute mark after I've joined the lobby (or the lobby launches if I've joined beforehand).
    From this point they behave perfectly.
    If I go on track at any point during either phase I'm getting timing anomalies in at least one sector, manifests as a 3 second reduction in sector time.
    This becomes apparent after the 4 minute mark as I'll drive the glitched sector identically (or very close to it) as the previous lap but suddenly see the split times go red and start to lose time rapidly upto ~3 seconds in the affected sector. this only seems to happen in the 1st race after joining the lobby though.
    When starting the race I'm getting a visible jump start without a penalty of any kind (Syncing issue, Ping issue or possibly packet loss?), This happens in every race of the session unlike the apparent lag issue but seem related somehow.
    This happens in both AVX and non AVX exe's but has never occurred during the beta version at this time.

Steps to reproduce
    : No idea but can record footage if needed, have got some recent saved replays showing the apparent jump starts without incurring any penalties.

Steps to attempt a remedy: Complete game uninstall/re-install, no effect.
    Deletion of AMS2 docs folder, no effect.
    Tested in both exe launchers (AVX and Non AVX), no effect.
    Reset network adapter, no effect.
    Clear router via reset, no effect.
    Launch game via Steam pop up list, desktop shortcuts, and Steam apps folders exe, no effect.
    Speedtest (ookla) shows no ping but DL speeds of 107Mbps upload of 19.34
    upload_2024-4-23_0-35-55.png

Speed Test Plus (Fusion Connect) shows ping of 28ms and jitter of 1ms and large DL speed discrepancy (no idea why..).
    upload_2024-4-23_0-40-3.png

ISP speedtest (Ookla based on the logo), does show ping of 32ms.
    upload_2024-4-23_0-46-12.png
    Hub to PC connection is hardwired with Cat 6 cable only use wifi on my phone.

Yet to try: Display driver re-install (unlikely but worth a try) after DDU wipe and fresh download of drivers.
    Can't think of anything else to try as only AMS2 is affected by this.

Workarounds: Stay off track in 1st session after joining at least until all other cars settle on track to avoid the mentioned timing issues.
    Ignore start lights and wait till other cars move, not ideal but less frustrating to others seeing me get a jump start and no penalty, no visible "sync/lag correction" appears to happen (other cars exhibit no jumping, stuttering or out accelerating me as the race gets underway).

Impact: More annoying than anything else, but could lead to the impression I'm cheating to other players (especially on track I can get close to the lap record when it's the timing error).
    Makes recording gameplay a pain

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Michael Scott

Michael Scott Member

Track & Layout Used: Spa 2020
    Car Used: GT3 Gen 1
    Applicable Settings: Custom race series
    Report: Just finished a THREE HOUR race against AI. Went to view replay, and the entire race session gets reset! And yes, I clicked on the correct UI widget... Sorry, just a tad agitated ATM.
    Steps to reproduce:
    Suggestion: Allow the ability to save the race results BEFORE offering the replay option. That way, if the replay fails (or the widget misdirects, whichever), then at least the results won't be lost and you can continue with the next race in the series...

• Like Like x 2
  17. R_B3CK3R

R_B3CK3R New Member

Version: 1.5.6.3
    Car Used: Any
    Report: The section referring to the wheelbase is unreadable on the loading screen, in Portuguese.
    Steps to reproduce: Enter a race with language set to Portuguese.
    20240428143227_1.jpg

18. R_B3CK3R

R_B3CK3R New Member

Car Used: F Classic Gen 3 Model 3 & 4
    Report: Unable set a time in Time Trial Leaderboard at any track while the other models of F Classic Gen 3 is possible.

19. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: Cadillac LMDh
    Report: Michelin branding on front left doesn't rotate with other tire textures.

20. WoodyLizard

WoodyLizard New Member

Track & Layout Used: Azure Circuit (also Montreal)
    Car Used: Formula V10 Gen.2
    Applicable Settings: 78 lap online race Medium cloud
    Report: Some drivers reported after lap 50 or so that they lost grip in the car like they didn't have a rear wing or on hard compound tires after pitting for softs. Lap times were about 2 seconds slower for these drivers and the tire wear HUD was showing less than previous stint wear rates for these drivers.
    This also happened to 2 drivers the previous week at Montreal.
    Steps to reproduce: Using a custom skin pack from the 2002 season.
    I have the online log from one of the drivers affected and also mine which didn't have this issue.
    Could not attach to this report sorry.