1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. PostBox981

PostBox981 Member

Track & Layout Used: Kansai
    Car Used: Multiclass LMDh + GTE
    Applicable Settings: Race Weekend
    Report: The game doesn´t remember last settings for the life of me. I started a race weekend with 14 cars, multiclass. When I was in the session, I found that a third car class (some Stock Cars) was added again, even though I removed them already a few days ago. So after a while I left the session, removed that car class and went back in. Only to find that now it was running 33 (or 34?) cars. Really annoying that after every single change of a setting you have to go through all the options and check again.
    Steps to reproduce: See report.

2. SRS13Rastus

SRS13Rastus Member AMS2 Club Member

Not MY bug report just passing on an issue raised by a player ranting on the Steam forums..

Player in question was utterly DISGUSTED to find out DLC cars are not marked as DLC when selecting them in championship mode and that he COULD actually select the class despite not owning them himself.
    He selected championship mode and GT3 Gen 2 and was raging that he couldn't change to the car he wanted (The Mclaren 720S EVO) as a result.
    Might I therefore suggest Reiza add the "DLC Blue Star" in championship mode to car classes that contain ONLY DLC cars and maybe say the outline of the "DLC Blue star" to classes containing both base content AND DLC cars?

It might well save some frustration for newcomers to the game and save us old hats half a day of questioning, probing and finally answering the question when the OP only gives us 5% of the data and then ignores 2 specific questions of "Do you OWN the DLC cars you were trying to select?.
    Just to have said newcomer launch into a tirade ending with.
    "So the game will let you pick DLC you don't own, with no indication that it is DLC, and then lock up, crash or graphically glitch out when you try to pick a car. That's fantastic. I was really liking this game but now I know not to invest any more into it."

I DID explain that he at least has access to 80 tracks that ARE DLC content and that only 6 car groups have a single DLC car in them plus, that multi class racing was part of the game hence his ability to add DLC groups he doesn't own to championship mode.. Sigh....

Last edited: Aug 23, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ChrisOuellet

ChrisOuellet New Member AMS2 Club Member

Posting several F-Reiza bugs as individual replies. Please let me know if you'd like them bundled up in a single post next time.

Track & Layout Used
    : Any
    Car Used: F-Reiza
    Applicable Settings: Authentic Aids, Auto Clutch, Manual Gears
    Report: The F-Reiza allows downshifts to happen too soon. The rev limiter looks to be set to about 17.8k RPM or something. Yet if you downshift too aggressively, it'll let you downshift and hit over the rev limiter. I've seen 19k on the HUD tach.
    Each time you do, engine damage ranges from 1-5% up to a blown engine in one, very aggressive series of downshifts. Pushing it, it seems that downshifting, when already above redline, will allow full moneyshifting, as shown in the video below.
    I've tried other modern-ish F1s like the F-Ults and the F-V12 and none had that behavior afaik.
    Steps to reproduce: Go to the top of 4th or 5th, let the revs drop and quickly spam the downshifts, so it'll overrev on most gears. You should find pretty high engine damage on this single attempt.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2024
  4. ChrisOuellet

Posting several F-Reiza bugs as individual replies. Please let me know if you'd like them bundled up in a single post next time.

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Pit limiter set low, I had mine at 60kph
    Report: The F-Reiza's pit limiter is too slow to engage while tires are spinning at full throttle, coming out of the pit box. It'll rise above 60kph, as shown in the video. Limiting tire spinning probably solves this, but I wonder if something could be done to have the pit limiter be activated quicker. I have tried the MP4/6 and it has the same issue. F-Ult G2 doesn't seem affected, cutting throttle earlier, at something like 50kph for a 60kph pit speed limiter.
    Steps to reproduce: See video

5. ChrisOuellet

Track & Layout Used
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: There's a mismatch in available tire pressures between the setup and the pit strategy editor for the F-Reiza. Setup allows 1.25bar, but the pit strategy can't go lower than 1.39bar.

EDIT TO ADD The default pit strategy doesn't pull the right tire pressures from the setup. Which usually happens and saves us the time to redo the tire pressures on each strat.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2024
  6. ChrisOuellet

Car Used: F-HiTech G2 M2
    Report: The car has a weird behavior when you spin very fast, from hitting the grass on full throttle for example. It should be pretty easy to replicate; it happened to me multiple times.

7. ChrisOuellet

Applicable Settings: Mech damage On, Damage Medium
    Report: The suspension damage gets reset to 0 after a big shunt. Probably just a graphical bug, haven't tried to drive afterwards :D

8. ChrisOuellet

**Take care testing this. Lower your FFB gain please.**

Track & Layout Used
    Applicable Settings: Mech damage On, Damage Medium, Active Suspension set to 9 speed and 8 damping
    Report: If you lose a front wheel, which you shouldn't, :D the FFB acts out on its own. Looks to be active suspension related, since the effect is different in strength and behavior depending on your active suspension settings.
    Not that I'd make it anywhere after losing a wheel, but I think it's a pretty big injury risk depending on your FFB settings. I use rFuktor so the effect is a bit more tame, but with a high gain default FFB, it's pretty insane.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Within the setup menu, you are changing the pressure of the rear tyres, whilst you adjust the front tires within your pit strategy.

10. ChrisOuellet

True. But the rears don't go lower than 1.39 either.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. ChrisOuellet

Report: The F-Reiza doesn't put the right rear tire pressures when pitting. I've included screenshots of my setup, my pit strategy, the tire pressures/temps on race start, and the tire/pressures after the pitstop.

The right strategy was selected pre-race and confirmed via ICM. Pit stop was requested manually. No pit stop errors.

I've tried softs and mediums to make sure it wasn't a soft tire only bug.

EDIT TO ADD If you use the tire pressures from the default pit strategy as-is, even though in the GUI they're incorrect, you'll get the correct pressures when pitting. Meaning, my default pit strat has my rear left at 1.52bar, when my setup is 1.39. If I keep 1.52 in the pit strat, it'll give me 1.39 when I pit

Steps to reproduce: See report and screenshots

20240831113515_1.jpg 20240831113700_1.jpg 20240831113812_1.jpg 20240831113817_1.jpg

Last edited: Aug 31, 2024
  12. Scottsparkrider

Scottsparkrider Member

The rev limiter noise is horrendous for me. Is it meant to sound awful or do I have a bug?
    It sounds similar to this video I found on YouTube

13. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Almost a year later and this issue still occurs, we had a AMS2 Community Cup event yesterday in the formula junior, and after the pitstops more then half the field of in total 22 cars was floating above the track, some a little bit higher then others.

Since those events are livestreamed with commentary as well as a lot of drivers that stream it, it really makes the game look bad towards a large number of people, i would prefer to not have the car jacked up in the pits, i know that might not be very realistic, but having cars floating above the track also isn't realistic.

14. Scottsparkrider

Scottsparkrider Member

I'm presuming it's a bug because it sounds so bad. If I uninstall and reinstall the game would that potentially fix issues like this?

15. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

A new installation maybe fixes it, but maybe not. I would consider the steam integrity check first. In most of the times, this is already enough and much less work than a re-install.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Toni

Toni New Member

One thing I've noticed is that in races, when an AI driver goes to the pits and has his wheels changed, he stops for a long time, and then disappears (he abandons the race).

It is assumed that if it is due to a problem with the car, he should abandon the race as soon as he reaches the pits, without needing to change the wheels.

17. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

You would assume that but watching Nascar and F1 many teams often times still change tires just in case they can get the car fixed, so it is not entirely unrealistic. Maybe it should have a random element to it instead of always changing tires every single time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Scottsparkrider

Scottsparkrider Member

Cheers mate, never heard of that before. Will give it a try

• Like Like x 1
  19. Scottsparkrider

Scottsparkrider Member

The verify thing didn't work, but a full uninstall/reinstall has. Which is great.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Toni

Toni New Member

Yes, you are right
    It should be random

By the way, another detail I have seen is in the cockpit of the cars (F1):

Formula HiTech

The digital counter (I think it is the fuel counter), is shifted to the left and the first digit cannot be seen well

There are other cars in that series (HiTech) that can be seen well, although it seems that the counter does not move like those who use the 1993 Benneton paint

A picture:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2024 at 1:34 PM