1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Game Version/Build: 1.0.0.2
    Track & Layout Used
    : All
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: None
    Report: Cannot view 6th position in monitor or in replays
    Steps to reproduce: Load into race and view monitor. Try and click on poisition six to view driver. It will not let you. This applies in any replay that has multiple cars

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used
    Report: Replay interface will lock up if you change views between cars. Only way to get it to unlock is to click the map button on the interface or the interface button to hide and unhide it.
    Steps to reproduce: Load into saved replay. View a different cars. Try to use any of the control buttons on interface. If they do not work, click the map button or the interface button to unlock the other buttons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used
    Report: Sometimes the car rolls out of the garage although neutral gear is still in.

4. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You are basically describing how Kunos/ACC manages their forum. They tag the post as "Bug", "Fixed", etc..."

5. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah and it works fine..

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. ohyeah2389

ohyeah2389 It's The Little Things

Does it really? There have been numerous audio and UI issues in that game forever that haven't been fixed.

7. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used
    : Bathrust
    Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: any
    Report: Texture problem with the track
    Steps to reproduce:

Attached Files:

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

That has nothing to do with bug report handling.

Reiza already knows about 99.9% of the highly repetitious things posted here. Whether or when they fix them has nothing to do with this forum or how many times something is reported. It's based on their work schedule and resources.

A better process helps those reporting, if they bother to scan and see what has already been reported. That is a lot of work for a user, but the system here is essentially impossible to work with as a user. So, people just dump their comments and reports...which probably suits Reiza fine since there are almost never any bugs reported here that aren't already well known. If there is a new or important bug, it typically gets discussed in the beta threads or the new/update release threads.

Is it worth deploying a better system for user reports? As a user, I say yes. As a reader of the forum, I say I doubt it will have a big impact on reducing the number of duplicate reports--they'll just be in the form of threads instead of posts. But if I wanted it for the purpose of "making the devs listen and respond" then it would be a total waste of time and resources. Reiza will fix every bug that is possible to fix in the shortest possible time. Their work ethic is unparalleled. But they also have fewer resources than most, so some times it takes a while for things to come together into a satisfactory conclusion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Coanda

I was referring to how they log issues and bugs as that was the topic of conversation here. In my suggestion I never mentioned their name. Nothing to do with what work has been carried out by the devs.. I will not discuss Kunos here out of respect for all the developers..

10. Coanda

Track & Layout Used
    : Bathrust
    Car Used: P1
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: Please check the P1 - G58 suspenion and all other P1's. The G58 has large front and rear bump stops for the 3rd spring even though there is no 3rd spring adjustment. Like all other P1's it has the slow bump enabled for the front third spring however only 0 can be selected. This should be deactivated like the rear.

I also noticed that the G58 has 3 way dampers front and rear however all other P1's have 2 way on the front and 3 way on the rear which is a strange setup. Can you please clarify if this is correct as I have never seen this type of setup before..?

G58 - 3 way dampers
    ams2_p1_g58_suspension.jpg

Non G58 P1's - 2 way and 3 way dampers
    ams2_p1_suspension.jpg

11. edu2703

edu2703 New Member

Track & Layout Used
    Report: There is no yellow flag indication to warn of any incident ahead. The green flag indication is shown when I get past an incident, but the yellow flag is not shown before.

Track & Layout Used
    Report: The tire wear simulation is basically non-existent. Even with the tires 'completely gone' according to telemetry, I didn't feel any difference in the handling of the car and it didn't affect my race pace. It also doesn't seem to affect the AI pace as well.

12. edu2703

edu2703 New Member

Good list, but I found strange the two Level 5 issues.

At least in single player mode, I can refuel at the pit stop, selecting the amount of fuel I want and in the tests I did, the AI does pit for refuel.

I did an 80 lap race at Brands Hatch with Formula Ultimate cars. With a full tank, the car can only do 67 laps, which would make refueling mandatory to finish the race. The AI cars started with different amounts of fuel and all of them pitted for refueling when there was only one lap of fuel remaining.

13. Marcus Battaglia

Marcus Battaglia New Member

Game Version/Build: 1.0.0.2.1220
    Track & Layout Used
    : Spilberg
    Car Used: Formula Ultimate
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: When I try to select a ghost car, the game won't let me. It shows me a list, but I cannot click in any of them. When I click "Back", instead of taking me back 1 screen, it takes me back to the Home screen.
    Picture attached.

Attached Files:

14. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you look carefully at your screenshot, you will notice there is no "car icon" on the far right column in the list. From what I understand, this usually means the recorded sessions are not valid, corrupted, missing, etc..

IMHO, it would be a better experience if the names and the entire row would be light gray/disabled with a "not available" message instead of missing icon.

15. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Which would be fine if it also assigned the same car to the opposition !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Track & Layout Used
    Car Used: Ginetta G55
    Applicable Settings: Single Race
    Report: It appears that the reset to default setup isn't working correctly. On all tracks my G55 now resets to a Cascais setup. If I change it, it defaults back next time I enter the pits. The setup for Cascais it uses looks as though it's a time trial set as fuel is set to 1L. Perhaps downloading another users setup on time trial has caused this as I hadn't noticed it previously.

17. Joshua Lukins-Claydon

Joshua Lukins-Claydon New Member

Track & Layout Used: Goiana External
    Car Used: Stock Toyota
    Applicable Settings: Round 1 championship
    Report 1: Already reported, though I will add that the vehicle used in championship mode is the vehicle currently selected in single race mode, not necessarily the last vehicle driven.
    Report 2: Unable to refuel at pit stop. Tried to pit again the next lap after modifying pit strategy in ICM, and again no fuel. Tyres were changed and damaged repaired ok.
    Report 3: AI cars upon being lapped aggressively blocking despite large speed differential at various points on the track, causing collisions and sending me off track several times.
    Edit: Report 4: Strange engine audio when pit limiter active. When pit limiter is active it sounds as if the engine is cutting fuel as you would expect, however this happens even if throttle isn't applied, or engine is at idle.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  18. Coanda

Track & Layout Used
    Car Used: Ginetta G58
    Report: According to the official Ginetta G58 website the fuel cell is 105 liters. It is only 101 in AMS2.

Please see here:- G58 | Ginetta Prototype Racing | Ginetta

19. Coanda

Track & Layout Used
    Car Used: Formula V10 + All cars (full damage enabled)
    Report: The same issues as PC1/PC2. The visual damage is good when it decides to work..

20. Coanda

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1