1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Had this again, although this time I managed to get a video.
    Game Version/Build: 1.0.2
    Track & Layout Used: Kyalami historic
    Car Used: SS Camaro - default setup as set by MP server
    Report: Front brake temperatures as usual, rear temps off the scale. Rear temps in high 900 deg C and rising on straights, eventually reaching over 1000 deg C. Constant brake squeal whether on brakes or not. Pedals are calibrated, no issue with other cars in same session.
    Video depicts leaving the pit exit. As you can see the rear brake temp is climbing on the straight and in the 700s by the first corner. Continues to climb to over 1000 mid way around the lap. Constant squeal. No one else in the session had the problem.

2. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Game version: V1.0.2.1
    Track & Layout Used: Imola 88 (maybe more)
    Car Used: Formula Classic Gen 3 (maybe more)
    REPORT: With Manual Pit Stops activated (wchich often happens in MP), the game drives the car into the wall when exiting the garage and it gets damaged (if damage is on).

3. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

looks like someone was driving around with the handbrake turned on :p

4. Mauricio Rocha

Mauricio Rocha New Member

B U G S P L A T...

5. Alice Cooper

Alice Cooper Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any track
    Car Used: Any car
    Applicable Settings: Single race mode/championship mode
    Report: Pit stop bugs: In Single race mode fuel can be changed at pit stops but the game crashes to desktop when the car is released down. In Championship fuel is not added despite whatever you set in your pit strategy. This failure to fuel the car in championship mode has previously been reported and remains unfixed? The crashing to desktop after pit stops in Single race mode appears to be new?
    Steps to reproduce: Just try and a make a pits stop. In single race mode the game crashes to desktop. In championship mode no fuel is adjusted.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

My Camaro brakes squeal right from the outset--a classic sign there is a set-up or configuration bug with them, as shown in your video.

7. SRS13Rastus

SRS13Rastus Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any track
    Car Used: Any car
    Applicable Settings: Single race mode/championship mode
    Report: No refuelling in championship races AGAIN. Also no pit in messages with less than 1 lap of fuel in the car...
    Steps to reproduce: Set race strategy in the pits and saved it called tst (full tank and no tyres), set race fuel to exactly 3 laps at the start and got pit in message board end of lap 3, drove into the pits and car ran out just 20-30 yards from my pit box end of race..
    Restarted set fuel to 3 laps (+ 2l) got no pit in message board end of lap 3 with just 2l left (3l used per lap) still no re-fuelling at sheduled pitstop Car jacked up sat for 3-5 seconds dropped and released back to the track.
    Restarted and selected default strategy checked the strategy and saw full fuel bar (still 3 laps +2l of fuel at the start), No pit in message with 2l in the tank, came in anyway got tyres replaced and no fuel, guess last update broke it cause I did get fuel last time I ran race 1...
    Restarted, default strategy tyres, damage and fuel (full tank) hit request pit stop lap 2 again tyres replaced but STILL no re-fuelling also no progress meters shown of any kind whilst in the pits...
    Please fix championship is a waste of space and time till this is remedied!

8. lawgicau

Does the temp rise like this as well?

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

No, because my brake pedal is not dragging "on" the way yours must be. Check the pedal inputs using the telemetry HUD. The car is behaving in a way that the rear brakes are being applied in concert with your accelerator pedal and are released when you apply the brake pedal!! Good illustration on this track that has the longest stretches with no use of the brake pedal.

This is likely related to a bug with AMS 2 controller inputs. When the dead zone for a pedal is not set high enough, even a tiny bit of "noise" from the pedal input plays havoc with the pedal inputs in the game. It is possible that the front wheels lock while the rears do not. In this case, either the rears are being applied all the time and the fronts not, or some oddness. Regardless, the brake squealing means they are "broken." I'm waiting for that to get fixed before I drive the Camaro further. It also has a differential issue that when resolved will make the car much more fun and realistic to drive.

10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: Montreal (might occur on other tracks, too)
    Car Used: F_Classic Gen 3
    Applicable Settings: Single race mode/MP
    Report: Player can't see anything in mirrors, just like the engine was blown (but it isn't)

Unbenannt-1.jpg

Edit: As reported by other players in MP, the problem comes and goes. Does not have to do with certain tracks.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  11. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Game Version: 1.0.2.3
    Track & Layout Used: Donington National
    Car Used: Hot Car Fusca ("Individual" setting chosen in Opponents section)
    Applicable Settings: FFB 100, LFB 80 or 85, FX 50, Menu Spring Strength 41. (AI 120, Aggression 50, Laps 20, 11am, Real Time, Medium/Light Clouds)
    Report: Wheel turned hard to the right after a few laps
    Steps to reproduce: Use the above settings. The Full Telemetry HUD was on so I could look at the FFB meter.

This happened after a few laps. The wheel turned hard to the right and stayed there.

@Renato Simioni Apologies for tagging you, but I hope the following information might help you to trace this persistent bug:

1. The FFB Meter clipped heavily as soon as the wheel turned to the right, with the bar on the right of the FFB meter showing red halfway up it.

2.I opened the FFB settings and watched the LFB climb one value at a time from 80 to 100. Then the FX value did the same, from 50 to 100.

3. Going back to the Options Section, the Gameplay and Controls tabs flickered rapidly on and off but never at the same time.

4. On trying to exit the race, the "YES" and "NO" tabs exhibited the same flickering behaviour.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  12. lawgicau

That all make sense but it only happens very rarely and it only happens on the rear. Pedals are calibrated and working perfectly in every other game and every time besides this. If the brakes were dragging, the front should be affected more (assuming a traditional front brakes bias).
    Nevertheless, I will put in some deadzone as a potential workaround.

13. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Following on from this previously reported bug. More buggy Ai problems in the Silverstone pits. This time with the P1 class.

14. Coanda

Track & Layout Used: Silverstone 75
    Car Used: Formula Retro (maybe more)
    Report: This Ai vehicle clipped my tyre and went flying to the sky..

15. Coanda

Car Used: Formula Retro (maybe more)
    Report: When you go off there is grass showing through the cockpit tub..

ams2_f1retro_grass_cockpit.jpg

16. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Silverstone 1991
    Car Used: -
    Report: Between Becketts and Chapel support road not driveable
    There's a big hole in the world...
    ss151700.jpg ss151457.jpg byebye ss151516.jpg ss151554.jpg ss151617.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Had a race tonight at the current montreal in the V10 GEN 1 and I set my pit strategy to tyre change and no repairs, I activated it and when I pitted in the race the tyres were not changed and there were repairs done.
    It ruined my race as it dropped me to last place.
    This bug has been around for a while now.

18. Coanda

Track & Layout Used: Silverstone 75 (max graphics)
    Car Used: Formula Retro
    Report: Replay draw distance needs a little tweak.. A lot of trees popping in and out in the infield background..

6 second mark

19. alink

Track & Layout Used: -
    Car Used: MetalMoro P2
    Report: missing gear indicator
    P2.jpg

20. alink

Car Used: Opala 79
    Report: Saved replay gets an Bathurst_2020 icon and text although race took place at Silverstone 75
    replay.jpg