1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

This is true and may be the same for other cars too

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  2. Mecky79

Mecky79 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Game Version/Build: 0.8.0.2.0.1129 AVX
    Report: Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer with the Ferrari 488 steering wheel, is no longer recognized by the game in Advanced mode with 21-buttons. In standard 13-button mode, it is easily accepted by the game. Yes I deleted the profile folder after the update and only then did I notice the bug.

3. viper4r

viper4r Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Snetterton 100
    Car Used: *
    Applicable Settings: *
    Report:
    In Shared Memory API Snetterton 100 has the same name as the 200 variation:"mTrackLocation":"Snetterton",
    "mTrackVariation":"200",
    "mTranslatedTrackLocation":"Snetterton",
    "mTranslatedTrackVariation":"200"

4. Eduardo Mennocchi

Eduardo Mennocchi Racecar driver wannabe AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Johannesburg Historic '76
    Car Used: Super V8
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer
    Report: In the middle of a practice lap, my car became controlled by the IA and suddenly the timing table poped-up in the screen. When clicking "Continue", nothing happened. My car remained controlled by the AI, until it pitted and then went back to the track, still controlled by the AI. I had no other option than Ctrl + Alt + Del and shutdown the application.

This is using the latest version available (v0.8.2.0).

20200411111243_1.jpg

5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Try verifying the game files in steam, fixed the problem for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. alexandre fonseca

alexandre fonseca Member AMS2 Club Member

Not a bug, just a minor oversight: when you go to the pause menu from the track and click on Gameplay, the title of the section is "Audio". Also, the Formula Vee has specs, but the second model with back fin doesn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. F1Aussie

A general bug I have noticed all all car setup screens is that sometimes you can't change a specific setting but then when you go to another screen and back or save the setup and go back you can then change some of the settings you couldn't previously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Game Version/Build: 0.8.2.0
    Track & Layout Used: Interlagos 1976
    Car Used: Formula Vintage Modell2
    Applicable Settings: practice + rainy weather
    Report: driving in rain is like driving on ice or crossing a deep river, absolut undriveable
    Steps to reproduce: choose rainy weather and try to drive

9. Nacho

Nacho New Member

Thanks! I also tried that on the first place (someone from Reiza told me to do it on the Facebook chat), but... the problem is still there. I don't know if people are having issues with this or it's just me.

10. Nacho

Nacho New Member

It works! I did verify the files for a second time and now the sound seems to be ok! Thanks a lot, mate.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Goiania
    Car Used: P3
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report: I tried my first multiplayer experience. Practice and Qualy were fine however the race had a major collision/netcode issue. My ping had green bars (not sure if its true), others were showing 200-350 with no warping however on race start all the cars would destroy each other and bounce off the tarmac. At first I thought it was multiplayer madness however three cars I then followed and tried to pass all produced the same result. Whenever you get really close in the slipstream the vehicle ahead has a collision with your vehicle and goes up in the air and on top of your vehicle and we both crash out..

12. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Track & Layout Used: All
    Car Used: Super V8, karts, sc Brazil, arc camaro
    Report: Both those 4 cars are very very twitchy (with same wheel settings) - compared to the other cars of the game. I repeat : with same wheel settings. For example:

- Arc Camaro / StockCar Brazil: even with 14 steering lock (the lowest in game garage setting) car is twitchy
    - v8's and karts: no steering lock option to adjust so for me this car is undriveable

Please take a look at those cars. Weird physics too. Physics in v8’s and sc brazil cars feels like those cars sit in a balloon

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  13. Cantalou-TeamLSF.fr

Cantalou-TeamLSF.fr New Member

Hello everyone, I'm making this post to report various bugs and observations that we have made in game with my league.
    First of all we noticed a big problem with the heat box (I'm not the exact term) of the cars, sometimes (often) the player in front feels bumped by the one behind him while he's still far away, it's not a connection problem, we did several hours of testing, this is the biggest problem we have because it regularly rots the races. Another bug we also have is a display defect in the menu where the player times don't appear anymore when we are in the pits. Apart from that we also hope to see some software soon to set up our private servers for our future championships.
    Thanks for reading me and sorry for my english it's google trad ;) ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pedro

Pedro Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any track
    Car Used: Ultima GTR
    Applicable Settings: any
    Report: The Ultima GTR, the road version, displays a different speed between the analog speed and the digital one. The speed of the HUD is the same as the digital speedometer in the car and different from the analog one.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the Car and look at the gauges.

15. F1Aussie

No worries, glad you got it to work!

• Like Like x 1
  16. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Game Version/Build: 0.8.2.0.1129 AVX
    Car Used: Both Formula Trainers
    Report: Positional engine audio is wrong. If you glance left the sound shifts to your right ear, and vice versa. Sounds like the engine is in the front of the car.

17. SRS13Rastus

SRS13Rastus Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Donnington (seems to happen at all tracks)
    Car Used: Super V8 (worst) Stock car Brazil (mid level) ARC Camaro (mild) & Roco 001 (least affected)
    Applicable Settings: (other settings seem irrelevant)
    Report: Intermittent throttle seems to be applied. Super V8 doesn't accelerate anywhere near as fast as previous version of the game doesn't reach 6th gear at all @ Donnington when it would previously (
    ), Stock Car Brazil is a bit better but still not as good, barely gets into 5th (previously nearing change to top gear also at Donnington). ARC camaro mildly affected still visibly and audibly affected, Roco 001 is almost 4 seconds a lap slower than previous PB at Oulton Park International (Doesn't appear as badly affected no dropout of sound or drops in rpm visible). Oly Roco 001 will accelerate hard enough to lose the rear end, also seems this is tied to FFB as whenever I run along Kerbs I can hear the throttle cut out repeatedly/stutter in time with the kerb sounds.
    Steps to reproduce: Tested at Donnington (Both tracks V8, Stock car Brazil and ARC camaro tested here), Oulton Park International (Roco 001 previously 1:31.155 now only 1:35.048), Azure (ARC Camaro only car used). Wheel tested with 3 pedal sets no change, wheel tested in other games and seems fine... T300RS stock pedals (2 sets) T3PA all no different, Re-installed wheel drivers, firmware, verified game cache (No errors reported), un-installed and re-installed the game no change for any attempted method to resolve this. deleted car setups prior to this as per advice after updates, re-applied same settings to each car as used previously.

[EDIT]: SOLVED: Today I went to my recycle bin and found dozens of AMS2 files there aside from the AMS2 folder with my savegame data, as I'm no programmer just a gamer I restored the entire contents of my recycle bin and was advised only 6 files in the list were duplicates as they were being restored, after restoring fired up the games and immediately saw a return to full acceleration in both SuperV8's and Stock Car Brazil.
    I suspect I may have done something idiotic and deleted the incorrect folder after the recent update, I will monitor and report back if issue re-occurs but this issue is resolved (thank God for Recycle bin) :)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  18. Coanda

Car Used: Super V8 (V8 Supercars)
    Report: Either the motec LCD is wrong or the rev limiter is set incorrectly. These vehicles in real life are rev limited to 7,500 RPM however the LCD is showing 9,000+ RPM.

19. Coanda

Car Used: Super V8 (V8 Supercars)
    Report: Exhaust flames are too excessive and are showing all the way through the acceleration phase which is wrong. V8SC have flames during the lift off braking phase..

20. Coanda

Car Used: All
    Report: In multiplayer the tittle info bar shown in the pits has the wrong fuel value + the tyre info label is out of place.

AMS2_info_bug.jpg