1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. racezilla

racezilla Member AMS2 Club Member

Game Version/Build: 0.8.0.2.0.1129 AVX
    Track & Layout Used: Curitiba
    Car Used: Super V8
    Applicable Settings: No settings applied - joined online session (no countdown between qualifying and race was set, AI and about 5 users in the race)
    Report: Started the race in trackside camera view
    Steps to reproduce: Join an online race. Then assist the race in trackside camera (via Monitor, button on the right side of pit menu) until the end of qualifying. The race will start in the same camera. Assigned button to change camera has no effect. Note: the state of the pit menu during qualifying before going to Monitor can be see in pic #3 (no times or names displayed)
    Edit: additional note - likely there has been a host migration during qualifying
    20200412120715_1.jpg 20200412120756_1.jpg 20200412120439_1.jpg

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. eg01st

eg01st Member

Did you expect a car from 1960s of 630kg and 500 HP power to handle on wet tarmac just like 2020 F1 on dry?
    I reproduced the steps, it's pretty challenging, but it's not "absolut undriveable".
    Don't push the throtle more than half way, short shift, in corners keep kicking the throttle like Senna did to rotate the car. If you feel danger, release throttle and let it coast.
    Right now in AMS2 is pretty easy to turn off understeer in slow corners by kicking the gas pedal. Works well with Ultima and this one too. If you see the car is not turning in, blip the gas pedal, and it will rotate to the inside. You can see me do it here all the time:

• Like Like x 7
  3. mikyman83

mikyman83 New Member

Game Version/Build: 0.8.2.0
    Track & Layout Used
    : Imola ( any layout )
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Clear Weather - Evening hours
    Report: Continuous shooting, fps unstable and use abnormal video card
    Steps to reproduce: Starting any Imola layout with any car with a time from 19.00 onwards there is an excessive use of video card which causes continuous shots and fps variations that make it difficult to play. This manifests itself only with evening hours, if for example you set at 18.00 the game goes perfectly at 60fps with a use of the video card around 75% with Ultra details. With a time from 19.00 the game goes to about 35/40 fps jerky with use of the video card at 100% always with Ultra details. Impossible to play. Only on the Imola track after the last update Number 0.8.2.0

My setup: i7-4790K ; 16GB Ram ; SSD M.2 ; GTX 1080ti ; Windows 10 64bit ; 5760x1080@60Hz

4. McNeil00

McNeil00 Member

Track & Layout Used
    : any
    Car Used: e.g. Super V8
    Applicable Settings: Night
    Report: since PCars with this engine, rev LEDs are not dark in the night. They can be seen even when they are off.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive a Car with rev LEDs in the night

Attached Files:

5. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: All
    Car Used: Super V8 (V8SC) presumably all
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report: Dirt build up after two laps is very extreme and unrealistic..
    ss222840.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice drie!
    Of course I need more training.
    But it was just light rain, no aquaplaning like here:

and he has more grip

7. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Kansai Classic
    Car Used: Formula Classic G3
    Applicable Settings: Practice day
    Report: when right click on time table you are asked for exit
    Steps to reproduce: right click on time table

8. Glyn Goold

Glyn Goold Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos Historic (big oval)
    Car Used: Stock Car Brasil - car 11
    Applicable Settings: Test drive
    Report: On exiting the garage the car crashes into a metal post/pit garage wall because the car turns left too soon on auto pitstop.
    Steps to reproduce: Start a test-drive session in the Ultima at Interlagos Historic (big oval) and exit the garage.

EDIT: disabling auto pitstop means that I can drive out of the garage no problem.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  9. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed. It also resets itself every couple of laps, so the car can be filthy and then showroom clean 10 seconds later. This is a PC2 quirk

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lukas Macedo

Lukas Macedo New Member

Track & Layout Used
    : Snetterton 200
    Car Used: e.g. Sprint Race and P3
    Applicable Settings: N/A,
    Report: Game freezes right after crossing the finish line.
    Steps to reproduce: 5 lap single player, finish the race.

11. Glyn Goold

I’ve seen this with this car and also with Puma at Oulton Park.

12. Glyn Goold

I have noticed that my car was really dirty then became cleaner towards the end of the race but the AI cars were always clean.

13. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Car / Track used: Any
    Settings used: (FFB) Gain: 33% /// LFB 15% /// FX: 0-80%

Report: FX setting producing unusual ffb results. Very low FX results in better tire-scrub effects than higher values but, Engine vibes behave as expected (Low FX = low vibes).

Steps to reproduce: Test FFB with FX at 25% / 50% / 75%. Then reduce to zero to 5% and test. Scrub effect (Tires & brake-lock) will feel noticeably better at lower values and become less effective up to a point, then become more raw at higher levels.

Note: Have seen reports of changes in FX values affecting SAT but, could not confirm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: All at ULTRA in VR (Oculus CV1)
    Report: VR 3D Graphic engine crash badly, vibrating between 2 still images, but the game still work fine including the HUD. Only the scene (road, cars, sky, etc.) is stuck between 2 different images. One eye follow my head movement, the other one is stuck in its world position, both are not refreshed (not updated if I still drive the car). The HUD is where it should be E.g. I can turn my head to the bottom right and go nearest the throttle and gears display. I can drive (blindly), navigate menu without seeing them (helped by the sound), sounds and FFB work fine, etc. but World render don't work anymore (but HUD, which is weird). Task manager to kill the sim. Removing overclocking (CPU and GPU) just make the problem occurring sooner.
    Steps to reproduce: Heavy load the graphic engine in VR. Look like a kind of race condition. At ULTRA I'm lock at 45fps and probably this weird crash occurs when I can't maintain the 45fps and go lower. Sometimes it happen during half a second during a race and all fix by itself, and sometimes it's stuck for good.

EDIT : I'm not supposed to set the game as ULTRA like this obviously, I was making image quality tests ;) I also monitored temps of MOBO, GPU, CPU, etc. but all was normal here, nothing overcooked.

15. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Track & Layout Used: N/A
    Car Used: v8's, karts
    Applicable Settings: All
    Report: There is no option for steer lock in car's setup menu (edit car). Greyed out option. That makes those cars undrivable (too snappy)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  16. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Game Version/Build: 0.8.2.0.1129 AVX
    Car Used: Lancer R
    Report: The LED strip on the boot above the Mitsubishi logo is misaligned, there's a noticeable gap above it and you can see straight through out the front of the car. The Lancer RS does not have this misalignment. I only bring it up because the Lancers are great for close racing and it is actually noticeable when you're up close to an opponent.

Lancer R
    upload_2020-4-13_20-49-19.png

Lancer RS
    upload_2020-4-13_20-48-14.png

17. Dibbdroid

Dibbdroid Member

Game Version/Build: V0.8.2.0
    Track & Layout Used: Interlagos GP
    Car Used: V10
    Report: Session timing screen is blank when in pits

Attached Files:

18. Dibbdroid

Dibbdroid Member

Game Version/Build: V0.8.2.0
    Track & Layout Used: Interlagos GP
    Car Used: V10
    Report: Front Fast Rebound adjustment is from 0 to (-)545

Attached Files:

19. Cheekymunkey78

Cheekymunkey78 New Member

Game Version/Build: 0.8.0.2
    Applicable Settings: Increase and Decrease Brake Bias
    Report: Brake Bias seems to be wrong way round and also in Shared Memory.

I have set up 2 buttons on my wheel - One pointing up, one pointing down. I have assigned the one pointing up to INCREASE brake bias and the one pointing down to DECREASE brake bias.

Increase = Button 10, Decrease = Button 6

BrakeBias01.png
    Loading the game shows Front Brake as 58.0
    BrakeBias02.png

In the game it is showing as Front Brake 58.0
    BrakeBias03.png

This is where my Brain starts to hurt:

In the App - Sim Dashboard which is using PC2 Shared Memory is reversed (the app could have it data the wrong way round.)
    Screenshot_20200413-161705.png

I then press the up button (10) three times and it says - Increase Brake Bias but the number goes down.

This is clearly increases the rear Brake Bias but the numbers my button button config and my human brain all wants it to be the front I am increasing (This is what it is in other Sims). Please note: the brakes work as they should to the numbers it's just all the information apart from the small MoTec screen (which is not on all cars) provided me reversed info.
    BrakeBias04.png

For Completeness:

Sim Dashboard adjusted the values correctly but the wrong way (I have not tested this in SimHub).
    Screenshot_20200413-161755.png

I then press the Down button (6) to Decrease the Brake Bias but the number goes up.
    BrakeBias05.png

This hurts my little brain. Hope this has come across on what I am trying to inform you of regarding Human interaction.

What I have done for now is map the buttons the other way round (6 for Increase, 10 for Decrease) to match my instincts for Increase Front Brake Bias = up arrow but this means I have mapped the up arrow (Button 10) to Decrease Brake Bias in the config.

Regards,

Cheeky x.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Eric Biggins

Eric Biggins New Member

Applicable Settings: Gear up/down assignments
    Report: The assignments for gear/up gear down are reversed after lastest update v0.8.2.0. Includes both Paddle and Stick shifter.
    Steps to reproduce: Edit: Somehow the invert gearing changed after the update, problem resolved

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020