1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Game Version: 1.0.6.1
    Track & Layout Used: Kyalami
    Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: any
    Report : There is a small crack in the road surface on the first corner exit.

Attached Files:

2. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Nordschleife
    Car Used: N/A
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report : The first kerb in the very fast left/right/left at the end of the lap (Hohenrain I think) becomes transparent when you get close to it.

3. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: guapore
    Car Used: f3 301
    Applicable Settings: online server , 9 laps.
    Report:
    I just ran an online f3 301 race in guapore. only 2 participants, with disputes very close.

the host was Brazilian and my ping was very low and his was close to 200ms.

at a certain point in the disputes, his car touches my car, curiously my ffb disappears and never comes back until the end of the race.

in theory my settings are pretty fresh, since I deleted my documents after the last build.

4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: 24h of Nurburgring
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Dedicated server - practice session.
    Report:
    Been trying to reproduce this issue for a week now and found how to semi-regularly trigger it.
    So, since I brought the lap records live to Touristenfahrten (24h of Nurbrugring), I have noticed a timing bug that was also inherited from pC2.

Basically, if you are on a timed lap, return to the pit garage while in sectors 2 or 3 and go back out, more often than not, you will trigger a lap count on an invalidated lap when crossing the Start/Finish line on your way out of the pits and the timing addon I am using will register impossible times. (This is during a practice session on a DS)

I believe that "CountThisLapTimes" of the "Lap" event is not false on the outlap, and the "LapTime" attribute is not reset if returned to pits in s2 or s3.

This was not an issue in pC2 as the start/finish line was before the boxes, so you would end with ridiculously long laps of 14+ mins, but in AMS2, where the Start/Finish line is near the end of the pitlane, this is causing quite a few impossible lap times that I need to regularly clean up, which in itself is a chore. :(

If devs could have a look at these faulty event triggers that would be peachy because aside from moving the line before the start I am not sure what to propose.

[​IMG]

EDIT: ERROR WAS IN THE ADDON CALLBACK. PLEASE IGNORE!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Applicable Settings: Any.
    Report At Aremburg the access point in barrier on left at turn entry will swallow the car if you get too close

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  6. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Report All access barriers from the first corner till Caracciola Karussel corner have wholes and will make you fall through the track.
    If you get behind a barrier you can push the car back to the track through the barrier.
    Fences on the access road do not work you can go through them and fall through the track.
    On Breidsheid corner the white tire barrier with arrows cannot be touched, you fall through the track if you touch it.
    I also randomly check these access barrier on other parts of the track and all seem to have the same problems, might be a problem with all these barriers.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  7. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Track & Layout Used: N/A
    Car Used: N/A
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer Lobby Browser
    Report: When a lobby has the practice disabled but the race enabled when you click on the info for the server it shows the race as disabled with no race info.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Thats interesting and nice to know, as this week I have had practice disabled to reduce the time people have to wait/lockout to join the 2 sessions (p&q) to 1 session . With your report it would seem people may be put off if they think theres no race. So worse still.
    Back to p&q then. Thanks

9. Runelink2

Runelink2 New Member

Ran into the same issue. Practiced for an hour and did qualifying for a championship race. The game crashed right before the race start after trying to switch strategy. Not a fun experience.

10. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Track & Layout Used: Kyalami
    Car Used: Porsche Cup 4.0
    Applicable Settings: Singel Race 1hour, all penalties on, practice quali disabled, 4 random weather syn to race, Gameplay settings: Driving assits (Authentic), Manual pit stops(No)
    Report: Set pit strategy on the run as wet tyres but after pitting the game didnt give me the control back.

11. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 1988
    Car Used: F1 Classic G3
    Applicable Settings: AI at 95%
    Report : AI is very slow. in mid corner. It feels like they do a full brake / blocking in mid corner.
    It is like driving as J. Villineuve against E. Irvine in 1997 or as M. Schumacher against D. Coulthard in the years 1998 - 2000
    After the first lap > 3 sec.
    ss134851.jpg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  12. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not everyone has a clutch, some people only use wheel paddles. Perhaps, the best compromise is to offer auto-blip switch like iRacing does, so you can decide if you want it or not.

13. VFX Pro

You picked the perfect time of day to detect those issues :)

14. VFX Pro

Good catch. That is caused by having polygons using the exact same space, the renderer doesn't understand which face is the top one. Mainly cause by the modeler using object snapping. If Reiza use Maya or 3DS Max, there are scripts out there to detect polygons overlaps as a quality control step. Perhaps, run such script when you check-in your track asset in your asset management software.

15. VFX Pro

This man needs to learn his place!!

Track & Layout Used
    : Goiana Long
    Car Used: F1 Gen 2
    Applicable Settings: irrelevant
    Report: Pit Crew is overlapping with the wall.
    Steps to reproduce: N/A
    [​IMG]

16. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

No issue with that. MP admins may need a option to restrict it though..

I have everything set to authentic, no aids and manual gearing so it should not auto blip. It bothers me that it's been like this for a long time. This car is also missing a handbrake which race drivers use for race starts. iR does blips very good on the V8 Supercar. If you do not blip and rev match well you may not be able to select a gear. It also makes braking zones more tricky..

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Every car in AMS 2 currently has a working pit limiter when about half should not. Options for diffs are not finalized. Driving aids are not finalized and/or applied only where they should be. Some manual transmissions shift almost (too-much like) like sequentials in terms of rev matching. Auto-blip and auto-clutch are irregular in their application and how they work. No need to dwell on the auto-blip for one car when the entire universe of these details is still very much WIP :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Report : Rear View Camera, the cars appear to be at least one car length back, but are actually sat on your rear bumper, not sure it's a net code issue or just the camera itself.
    I use cockpit view and in league racing /online racing it can cause major issues.

19. Claudio Araujo de Almeida

Claudio Araujo de Almeida New Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos
    Car Used: GT3
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer Dedicated Server - race with 18 cars.
    Report: NETCODE. There have been several "unreal" accidents originating from door-to-door disputes where cars were simply catapulted one to each side.

Please fix this.

20. NTUL

NTUL New Member

Track & Layout Used: Azure / Monaco
    Applicable Settings: Light Rain / Rain / Rain + Fog / Thunderstorm / Storm

Report: While the rain animation is not present under the tunnel, it is still raining under the tunnel. Lots of water collects in there, I've even hydroplaned under the tunnel before. I understand how the tires and vehicles may overtime send water into the tunnel, but this is not what is happening.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020