1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camaro SS is broken

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Freeway, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I always do.
    No difference at all.

2. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Yeah, tried it again last night. It's still sh**. Even the AI can't drive it as they continuously slammed at me at Donington Park.

3. RzR

RzR New Member

I have to say i kinda agree.
    The car feels like a boat, the back steps out way too easy on every opportunity. So far it's been really hard for me to build my confidence with it on track.
    I drove the Camaro SS myself a few times in real life and i don't remember i had that much trouble driving her aggressively.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

gave the car another chance today but its still a plain awful driving experiece.

Will follow this thread from time to time but for sure i am not touching it in the game anymore

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Avoletta1977

Yes, sadly no physics updates in the latest build. :(

6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, when I think about how the AMS2 Camaro SS behaves compared to my experience with the RL Camaro and Mustang (@450hp), the AMS2 version needs some significant revising in overall handling and how it puts power to the track surface.

I get the sense that the rolling-resistance is holding back the AMS2 car, causing excessive wheel-spin. In RL, those cars are very efficient at smoothly accelerating without inducing wheel-spin (TC off).

Even the 600 & 735hp versions (RL) are comfortably driven on the street, so long as you don't stomp the go-pedal in lower gears (with TC disabled). Understandably, the car owner gets upset when people turn TC off (unless experienced and on track).

• Like Like x 1
  7. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

I have no idea how the real car drives but for me the AMS2 version is a blast to drive, I'm on SC2 and I could drive that for hours, so funny and challenging at the same time.

8. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

2020: Camaro is broken
    2021: Camaro is broken
    2022: Camaro is broken
    2023: Camaro is broken

If you do not enjoy it in its current state (at least a bit), you will find it indefinitely broken

9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I would be careful with that "evaluation".^^ (You really shouldn't make fun of it all the time btw., we get it, you have no problem with the car, we understood ;) )

Let's have a look at it, after the differential issues in AMS2 are rectified or fixed and the car doesn't drive like having a spool anymore. Until then all this here is pointless anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Didn't drive the Camaro, but for many other cars the diff settings were changed already in one of the last updates when Renato instructed us to cancel the previous setups exactly because diff ranges were changed.
    Were there any changes to the Camaro diff pre-load values at that point?

11. CrimsonEminence

The changes did not help. (The cars still show almost no to absolutely no wheel differentiation and the ones, that show some differentiation, like the G55, are still making the impression, it could be more) It's a deeper issue.

12. Ettore

Is that based on feelings or based on further telemetry checking?

13. Avoletta1977

Both

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ettore

Means it has been checked after the update of two weeks ago?

15. CrimsonEminence

I have...telemetry for several cars, also all caterhams etc. (post update of course)

Renato has tagged one of my posts with a "useful" (also the one, where i have recorded the G55 Telemetry that showed some kind of working LSD + other not working cars ), so they definetly know about it.^^

16. Freeway

Freeway Member

For me, the Camaro SS is the litmus test for whether or not AMS2 can reasonably simulate an actual car. Thus far, no luck. Doesn't mean Reiza can't do it. Just means they haven't done it yet. Trying to be patient. But, it isn't easy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. CrimsonEminence

You will survive it mate...don't start asking me about the F-Retro class :D, that severely suffers from the LSD issues, but there is no other way, than waiting, now.^^

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ettore

Then I agree... In some cars it is clearly working and in some others it appears to be (more) locked. But in general I don't think differentiation is broken in the game: IMO it feels like smaller/less powerful cars are showing more locking then they should, maybe due to numerical issues (pre-load range on the bottom, number/effect of clutches etc.)...

19. CrimsonEminence

I also suspected it, but this doesn't apply fully because then the G55 shouldn't differentiate more, than a FClassic G1-M1, very likely, if this would be the case ;)

Open diff and LSD have some kind of issue on several cars.
    Geared and Ratcheting were fine. (also the Camaro felt a lot more believeable with geared diff/torsen diff, which is somewhat strange...same for F-Retro)

Generally even 0 Nm Preload doesn't rectify the issue, it could still be something connected to it, but i'm sure, Reiza can take a way better look at that.^^

20. CrimsonEminence

@Ettore
    An example in addition:
    Btw., it's not "more" locked...it's basically "locked".
    This is the post update 620R (no clue if it also received tweaks, though)
    No differentiation with LSD. Blue and Yellow are the wheelspeeds at the rear, you can lay the graphs over each other and they are 99% the same.^^'
    620R.png (click)