1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera settings in AMS2 and ClipPlanes setting

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Kolysion, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

I have to say that AMS et R3E are the best for editing the cameras, even if it needs to set them off the game, and to launch the game hundred of times to have the perfect camera setting.

You can see that AMS has the famous ClipPlanes setting that can remove all the bad flickering objects and shadows issues.
    And you can place the camera in all the way you want.

With the default cockpit settings, in rFactor 2 or AMS, the yellow crane is flickering, I have edited the ClipPlanes setting and I have the pure and perfect graphics without any flickering. And I have reworked all the camera orientation and placement to my immersion preference. I can so much enjoy AMS.

rFactor2:
    The official content has not the possibility to edit the ClipPlanes setting, it's very sad, but with the headtiltplugin you will be able to trick the game to remove the flickering and shadows issues (bonnet cam with a good ClipPlanes setting then adjust the position)....
    Raceroom:
    It's like AMS.
    Project cars 2:
    There's a free cam, but it doesn't save the camera, and you can't adjust the ClipPlanes setting.

The ClipPlanes settings is the most important for me (it can remove all the shadows issues and the flickering) with the camera orientation and placement.

What about AMS 2 ? Will it be a downgrade for the camera setting ?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Not sure what you are saying?

Editing ClipPlanes to 0.2 from the original 0.12 in AMS solves all flickering of objects and shadows?

I haven't noticed any of the rFactor-type flickering while using PCars 2. That could be because it works better, or just because the track team was more careful about their work.

3. Alexandre Bauer

Alexandre Bauer Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just hope it comes with an app to set it any way we like, just like ACC: FOV, horizontal, vertical and angle adjustments and save for each car.

4. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Please developers, take a look at the Helmet Cam in ACC. Use this cam and drive some laps. This is the best cam I’ve ever seen in a race game. I don’t know how it is on a single screen but on my triple setup it is bloody awesome. Really really awesome.
    Pcars has a helmet cam as well but even if I set all motions at 100 it still not comes near the cam in ACC.

So please, take a look at it. :D