1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera too bumpy

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by WhippyWhip, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Just so all opinions are counted here but I have no problems with VR shaking (this may be because i rarely drive formula cars). I just leave settings stock - 50 movement and 15 g force. It's absolutely fine.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for the detailed reply Mark, good to touch base with you too.

I hope you are able to enjoy more AMS2 cars in VR soon. I don't have much issue so long as the cars don't bounce excessively. VR in rF2 is okay for me since they revamped the head-movement but, I also moved to the Valve Index and that runs smoother for me in rF2.

Regarding motion, I know what you mean about missing some effects (NLR v3). Every system has it's pro's & con's. I'd like more vertical travel + sustained g-force effects (Ultimately) but, I certainly can't complain about what I've got now either. Good time to be a Sim-racer!

Cheers Mark! :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  3. blanes

blanes Member

Cheers Dean, yeah totally agree ... I still can have fun and really like the GT cars especially McLarens. The 150mm or 6 inch travel is more than enough and that heave feels incredible when tuned say GT3 at Nords ! But yeah would love to throw a SimX GS5 seat onto this now to experience the simulated G's ... Maybe next year

4. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

been away from my rig and then AMS2 for several weeks, so just updated last night to come to the same conclusion. The Game is unplayable for me with open wheelers or the new GT1 class on tracks like Silverstone historic 1975 (slightly better on other layouts)

any new tips I am missing to get me back into this Game because its frustrating and I run on Triples, I can only imagine people in VR, must be terrible.

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Unplayable how? You cant drive? Your PC cant push the frames you want? You don't like the cars anymore?
    A little more info would probably help figure out what the problem is :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

To be honest, in VR everything is fantastic great, even on default setting.

i have no clue what People are Talking the whole time about the cam setting.
    Cars do shake, that’s how it is. A 100% solid cam is unrealistic.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

I'm using legacy and 1 monitor, and no problem (much more shake in beta). The raid is bumpy sometime, but as in reality is. You can't ask fidelity in one aspect, and less in other. I like Adelaide and is very very bounce "prone", but is not "implayable". I often race on sprintracer and is boompalloza fest, but, if you see race cam on youtube, is spot on. I use on top of this helmet cam moviment with 70 to apex to add mas "real action", i understand that someone is very "fast eye moviment" sensible and this is a problem but, sometime is like the game is a bumpiness disaster, but is like 1% of the user or less that have this problem.
    I have the sensation that lower(er?) is the FOV more bumbtastic is the ride, you can try for high fov and adjust the seat, switch to non legacy, trasfer all the motion to the car, perhaps this is your solution.
    But, for me the no legacy solution is to unrealistic, is like have a giant steel ball sphere attached under the seat.

8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I don't have much issue with track bumps in VR but, more so when a car has suspension oscillation issues. It's the repetitive bumpiness that affects me in VR, most of which seems to have been solved, or at least , greatly reduced in AMS2.

Finding our personal sweet-spot for view settings can take a bit of experimentation but, is usually worth the effort.

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Agree, but let's also be honest that it is more difficult to find that sweet spot in AMS 2, so therefore some may not be able to get one. As I have mentioned, I am OK with my settings, but they are at the extreme end of the spectrum. I should be able to reduce the motion even farther just based on a personal preference, but am prevented from doing so by the game. The minimum motion settings still have more movement relative to other sims, so I can understand why some people are intolerant or affected badly by them.

Reiza likes to do things in a certain order and to not mix apples and oranges when resolving problems. I hope that after all the car suspension and old track mesh (from AMS 1) issues are dealt with, both of which calm the on-screen movement significantly, that if people still have issues they will just further reduce the scaling on the movement itself.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope this is helpful, absoloute game changer for me, but then again, you've probably figured it out by now:

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

if someone tells me that driving the Formula V12 on Silverstone Historic, not even saying in bonnet or bumper views but even the supposed better cockpit one, is just plain "enjoyable" with Reiza camera default settings or even with the tweaks suggested in this thread, then I will leave the discussion for sure because I cant drive the bloody thing there

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Beccobunsen

varius setting v12/Silverstone Hystoric

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  13. Tarmac Terrorist

Right I absoloutely have to give this a go now!

14. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

To be honest, I don't really see an overly bouncing car. It's a modern stiff car on an old circuit, which weren't the smoothest, so yes it's a bumpy ride. I actually like the rough ride that AMS2 gives me (obvious flaws aside of course).
    I always drive using head tracker, so that might influence things a bit.

15. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Beccobunsen Played your video in fullscreen. Felt like vomiting, lol. Legacy 0% does the trick for me, but not on historic tracks which are often really bumpy. Or V10 Gen 2 on Montreal or Brand hatch, haha.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Thanks.kind of proving my point

I am sensitive to frame stuttering as well so I thought ok i might be overeacting on this bouncy cars but glad i am not alone then

17. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

There’s realistic amount of bumpiness that Reiza is trying to find and then there are people with varying abilities to stomach camera shake.

There’s no reason to exclude players if a new camera setting could help those who can’t play right now. But it’s also not trivial to introduce an optional system that smooths out the ride while giving you some impression of driving on uneven surfaces and curbs. So I guess it will take some time to get to it as @Marc Collins hinted at. I hope as soon as possible.

I have no issues in VR myself, but I hope camera shake gets more accessibility options in the future :).

18. Beccobunsen

If you draw a line in the horizon on "legacy 100%", the horizon is not moving, the car is.
    You can try just for scientific purpose the same setting with the nose cam, whitout car. Or in the same video , cover the car with some stuff...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  19. Tarmac Terrorist

Well mate, guess your leaving the thread then cause I just tried it and had a bloody good time! Mind you I don't see why you should have to exclude yourself from discussion just because someones is having a good time but, hey each to their own. Anyway I really enjoyed it and thanks for the suggested car and track combo as i've never tried it before, bloody great! As for the headshake, i must day ive never not liked that, it was the weird dissjointed feel i was'nt so keen on. The movement is pretty realistic, dunno if you've ever been grass Karting IRL before but but feck me! Not only does your head bouce around like a junglist who's just found the biggest bass bin in the world to stick his head in, but your arse gets bloody sore as you practically get flung out of the seat over every little bump. And the car we are talking about in the sim is a V12 F car! I've heard F1 drivers in the past say the mirrors are pretty useless in these kinda cars cause the vibrate so much. I Would love to drive one of these IRL and Im sure i would love ever split second of it, but wether I could endure it for long or not is another story. I certainly would'nt want Reiza to take away the option of the shake, but maybe thats not what you mean, maybe its world movement you mean so, sorry if i've got that confused. I do like the fact they give you a lot of options to take away the movement, if you really don't want that simulated. Think there's summit for everyone in the options. Either that or choose a more modern less bumpy track and a less stiff car.

20. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree totally in this comment above. Whether you like it or dislike it to any degree, we should be able to set it the way we would like to experience it.

• Agree Agree x 1