1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera too bumpy

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by WhippyWhip, Apr 4, 2020.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

If I understand you right then this does describe the idiotic up and down movement of the "dashboard" and front of the car when you drive up/down a hill.
    If that is what you are describing I fully agree with you that this is plain silly:rolleyes:

2. BrunoB

OK I have (and probably will) only been driven a few of the cars in AMS2.
    So I have to believe your words for it.
    Hehe but distorting something on the retina - ??:whistle:

3. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What are the exact camera settings to use for reverting to how it was before the "new method" was made the default ?

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Our bodys and eyes are wobbly, overall water containing meatbags...of course it will. :p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Karts have no suspension, so are the most severe when hitting serrated curbs or major bumps. That's why most kart tracks don't have them.

Try the Superkart at regular race tracks and see what happens when those tiny doughnut wheels hit a curb designed for full-size car tires :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, it is. This is the one giving me motion sickness.

7. BrunoB

But at least as I see/experience this movement of the dashboard/front of the car then its a goofy SLOW movement sometimes raising the steering wheel/dashboard and sometimes lowering it.
    Depending of driving up- or downhill.
    Goofy but at least a pretty SLOW movement that at least for me doesnt matter much.

8. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

You can try with one "neck massager" on your temple.

No question please..:whistle:

9. BrunoB

How about using a HANS device (Head and Neck Support device) :D

10. Marc Collins

Or, you can just use normal settings that don't have this effect like most of us have since day 1.

11. BrunoB

I dont know what you mean by this slightly "smart" comment.:rolleyes:

I like the way the cockpit view reacts in AMS2 - the only things I think is a bit goofy is the way the dash and front of car slowly moves up/down when the track elevation goes up/down.
    Just simulating a drunk driver who ram his head into the steering wheel every time the car moves uphill (or someone suddenly press his brakepedal :eek:)
    But if I wanted to get rid of that (if possible) then it would probably influence the other view settings which is Legacy No/HMov99.
    So no reason to advice me of what changed settings I should use:rolleyes:

12. Beccobunsen

Like the drive is on stick connected with a ball of steel. This is the non legacy mode. I prefer legacy 65%, the car is non moving around the driver, instead the driver is jumping on the seat o_O

13. BrunoB

And you are allowed to use these settings - my good man.
    I dont have the need to tell you otherwise :D

ByTheWay: Just like Im often pretty astonished when I in theTT LB look at peoples setups settings - then I have long time ago decided that conserning prefered individual settings in a racing game then I have no right (or reason) to judge. Because people are too different ;)

14. Marc Collins

What I meant is instead of dragging on a discussion about something that can simply be adjusted out of existence, how about just make the adjustment...if one prefers.

It's no different than talking about how the FFB is too heavy or too light on car A and isn't that tragic. Yes, others pile in and say it is tragic. Then someone points out you can just adjust the FFB weight per car and the discussion remains on how tragic this problem is. It's as though some people (not you) come here to whinge or hear themselves talk instead of solving problems or learning how better to use and configure the game.

Do you think anyone wants a drunk roller coaster effect while driving? Pretty sure that's the result of a bad combination of sliders/settings, not an intentional feature of the game. But I could be wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BrunoB

Hehe no I dont think many want the drunk driver thing - but the only reason I have given my inputs to exactly this discussion is that I fear that if Reiza does smooth out exactly this behaviour (both the drunken thing and specially the raw bouncing thing) - then the magic that at least I feel in the car behaviour in AMS2 to the contrary of ALL (ALL!) other racing games I have used - will disappear.:eek:

ByTheWay: The reason behind my fear is that I dont think its a cool analysing and calculation by the Reiza guys like if we do this with the Madness physics then the cars will exactly do that on track.
    No I consider this raw bouncing effect and the fantastic hectic tire sidesteps I have described as some kind of un-intentional outcome. Thats why - please Reiza dont smooth this thing out - please ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Beccobunsen

apart from everything I also have look to the apex activated, it seems realistic to me to think that the rider turns his head before turning, and it helps me to understand when I lose grip. I have no problem with fast and similar peripheral movements. I have played all my life. jumped the trampoline, traveled on rollecoaster, bridge jumping etc. I understand the problem of suffering from motion sickness, but you cannot expect to change the physics of a motorboat because you suffer from seasickness. right now i am using gamepad, i am not saying the reiza suck because gamepad support suck (an indeed suck great time). You have to find a way to have a little patience and look for a way by trying and trying again, I made some comparative videos at the beginning of this 3d, maybe they help

17. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Do you like AMS1 support? Because AMS2 has very similar PC2 support which is not the best.

18. Beccobunsen

I came from Rf2, life for speed, quadrizzilion of game before that (from papyrus indy), but no, no ams1

19. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Ah, I understand. I started to play rF2 recently and it's so good on a gamepad and settings are similar to any other ISIMotor game. PC has it's own settings and you can't set too much stuff. Great thing is steering lock settings because you can have better sensitivity then, even with not so good settings.

AMS1 is still awesome game, I did yesterday few races and it's unrivaled. I like the physics, controls and AI.

20. Stevejack

Stevejack Member AMS2 Club Member

Which settings are you using? I use a D-box system with triples, and I like the cockpit to remain stationary otherwise the motion from the d-box doesn't match the motion of the cockpit on the screen and I get mixed cues for what the car is doing.

I've tried all settings I can think of, and the best for cars with adequate suspension is legacy + all the movement sliders zeroed out. This gives me a stationary cockpit, all car movement cues come from the d-box, and no silly up-down movement of the cockpit going up hills.

But this setting is way too bumpy on formula and hard sprung cars... the camera shake makes them horrible to drive. Moving to the non-legacy system, I can't get a completely stationary cockpit without also having the camera shake. I CAN get limited or even almost-zero camera shake, but the cockpit moves around on the screens. I much prefer the way ACC works in this regard.