1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera too bumpy

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by WhippyWhip, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Stevejack

Stevejack Member AMS2 Club Member

Edit: double post.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I have only been talking about single monitor. VR or triples is a whole other ball game.

3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I understand that in such a setup you would like the on-screen cockpit to remain stationary. But something needs to move, both the cockpit and the horizon can't remain stationary. And ACC doesn't do open-wheel cars on historic tracks at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Stevejack

Stevejack Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes you're right, but it's not so much the movement of the world / cockput but the "shake" of the camera. The bumpy/shaky camera makes it very unpleasant so perhaps this can be filtered down. I get that the horizon will move if the cockpit is stationary on screen, but that shouldn't necessarily translate into excessive camera shaking. Surely this aspect can be smoothed out a little.

5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

As some other users here who either are just satisfied with the bounciness in AMS2 or for some users like me because they relate it to the RL bounciness in racecars - then I hope Reiza dont listen to gamer users who only relate to the artificially smoothing every bounciness out as in most other racing games.
    My experience is from FF1600 lots of years back - and I love the way AMS2 simulate some of the heavy bounce you see in RL racing.:whistle:

ByTheWay: I have ofcourse no problems if the artificially smoothing out bouncing for common gamers is made as an extra "feature"/cripling of AMS2 - that you can switch on/of.:cool:

6. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Can somebody tell me some bouncy combination to try?

7. BrunoB

I have posted this before - and eventhough I probably sound like Im some kind of SM person who want everything to bounce as much as it can Im about the opposite.
    Because after Reizas upd changes the last ½ year then these settings gives at least for me the most realistic behaviour.
    And to the contrary of what other think then the 99 setting in head mov gives slightly less bouncing than a setting of 0(zero).

ByTheWay:The Show Helmet thing is just on because I want to be able to see if/when some bug activate the helmet view instead om my prefered correct Cockpit view ;)

Camera LegacyNo Head99.jpg

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Hmmm, I am testing AMS1 now (AJR on old Hockenheim) and there is really cool settings. You have lock to horizon in percents (more usual is on/off). Default is probably 100 % which means car moves and horizon not. If you do 0 % it's really crazy a maybe too much to me :D So it's maybe really possible to calm it somehow down for people?

9. BrunoB

I just have to say that in the beginning of the AMS2 launch I couldnt stand the unnatural high bouncing - but probably partly because Reiza managed to control the exaggered too much of it and partly because I got more accustomed to tweak the settings Im more or less fully satisfied with how it works now.
    The only thing that iritates me is the slow moving up and down of the front of the car relative to the driver/sight when you are driving up/downhill.
    Thats completely bullocks if you ask me :mad:
    But that has nothing to do with bouncing.:D

10. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Yeah there is no sim that let the camera bounce like AMS2 does. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  12. BrunoB

:whistle:

13. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Great comparison! So what is good for you? I remember when I played with it and it was always "the same" and this vid shows it a bit. I am not sure what is the calm combination then :D 100 % head looks like horizon is calm and everything else is wild which is lock to horizon at 100 % in AMS1. And it's still bad because of wild car?

14. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

If I look at the vid I say
    Head 0
    Legacy yes.
    But non of the four are comfortable enough for me. :eek:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. BrunoB

I honestly dont think this comparison does cover how AMS2 is working after the latest updates.
    Because as I says above then Reiza have made some reasonable camera (and physics?) changes that minimise the worst and most unrealistic bouncing.
    If I look at the video then the settings closest to mine (down to the right) is as I see it the worst.
    With a lot of exaggered high frequency bouncing.:rolleyes:
    But that is not how it is actually working out.

16. BrunoB

Yeah at least that part I agree with.
    This up/downhill issue is what I call the drunken driver view.
    Going uphill his nose is buried into the steering wheel - and going uphill his neck is moved back so much that he is close to get a whiplash.:rolleyes:

ByTheWay: Sorry taken from the two pics above it looks like its when the car is driven downhill that the drivers nose is buried into the steering wheel - and vice versa.:D .
    Honestly I really am sober writing this :p

17. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

You could be right. I remember how Adelaide got some updates. I am not sure about anything right now. I love how rF2 bounces but AMS2 is not the same but it's good. And I change games so often that I am rather confused but know for sure AMS1 was bouncy too. So it's not some ME mistake.

What I played in last two months in AMS2 everything was fine and settings didn't affect it too much.

Where to test druken view?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. BrunoB

I just checked into the game and I think as example Cadwell park is one of the tracks where our drunken friend have looked too deep into the bottle.
    And I think if we get Laguna Seca at some time then the Corkscrew will show him at his best.:rolleyes:

ByTheWay: But all tracks with a lot of vertical elevations:D

19. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Cool, Cadwell sounds good and I don't do it very often. Need to try it!

Can we connect on Steam?

20. BrunoB

What do you mean?:)
    I just checked - do you mean Remote Play Together - or something?
    If thats it then I more or less only play AMS2 in TT mode.
    On LBs I mean.
    Hehe and furthermore also more or less only play and like the F-Reiza.:p

ByTheWay: But if you some day get to like this formula car then you can check more or less any TT LB out and you will find Bruno Bæ. :D
    And checking in on such LB is probably the only way we can "connect" ;)