1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera views

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by sci006, Jul 3, 2020.

1. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

All of a sudden the camera has start to default to bumper cam view whenever I get into a car. Never happened before was always in cockpit view. Is there a setting to make it default to cockpit view?

Edit: Ok managed to get it sorted. Looks like default camera is linked to monitor when in pit stall?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  2. TinoM

TinoM New Member AMS2 Club Member

I am having a similar issue. In multiplayer, during qualy or practice I am in cockpit view, which is what I want. Then the race starts and the game switches me to bumper cam. It also seems as if my setup is no longer the same and the car handles completely differently. Not sure why but it is a game killer.

3. Mumblesh

Mumblesh New Member

I have lot of annoying issues with the camera. I recently set up my Fanatec V2 rim (wheel profiles are awful btw - one thing Codemasters gets right) and since assigning controls to it, the camera is defaulting to the shoulder cam. The game has always had a habit of defaulting to the camera last used when entering an event. So if you change it during the event and then restart the session, rather than stick with the now preferred choice, it defaults to the one you entered the event with. When it comes to hot-lapping, I tend to use a view that gives me an unhindered view of the track, and some vehicles are not so friendly with their cockpit view. Also if someone else has a go and jumps in the drivers seat, they may change the view. I just want the view to stay what was last seleceted, no matter what happens if nothing else.

But right now as I write, no matter what I do, it now defaults to this shoulder cam. Agh! Maybe we need a menu to be able to choose a default and turn off unnecessary views from the list to reduce what you have to cycle through. For example... in VR I want nothing else but to default to the cockpit, and I'm sure that's a reasonable request most could agree with.

4. Mumblesh

Mumblesh New Member

yup, its defaulting to bumper cam for me now, and to make matters worse, the HUD has reset, which is annoying as I have this game running in super ultra wide, so my necks now aches.