Can't setup controls

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by antcar, Apr 7, 2016.

1. antcar

antcar New Member

I just installed that game this week and I can't get it to recognize my controls. I had to fiddle a bit to get them working in GSCE but eventually I got it. This time, I used the preset for my T500+Fanaec csp pedal+slipro but nothing happens. Then I tried creating my own profile but again, I can't assign any buttons or controls. If I click on throttle or brake or anything, I get a screen saying that it's already in use by another control, hit enter to reassign or esc to exit. Either way, nothing happens. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    slipro off works, but only t500 + Fanatec CSP is connected, there is a solution??????
    I also want to connect gear shift solution please

Thank you
    Antcar

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There seems to be a few controller issues with ams atm. I also have a t500 and a couple of button boxes that don't work properly atm. Makes me unable to play ams until it is sorted

3. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you sure that a button or gear lever etc is not engaged? I don't think we recommend copying profiles from GSCE.

4. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  5. F1Aussie

After a bit of a play tonight I have finally nailed down my control issues, I just need Reiza to sort it for me now.

When I just have my t500 wheel plugged in the game works fine. As soon as I plug in my two button boxes the t500 wheel is no longer recognised and only a button box is and it is recognised as controller 1. Does ams only support one controller? I didn't think so. I have two dsd p1's and ams is the only sim they do not work properly with.

Any thoughts?

6. denis dracup

denis dracup Active Member AMS2 Club Member

hi f1 aussie i am aussie to ..as i understand it ams supports 6 controllers ..when you are in control settings have you assigned all your buttons box.. buttons this may be your problem.

7. F1Aussie

Hi Dennis, I have assigned buttons in the general section, they show up as I think it is id1, id2, id3, so it lets me set them. When I go to drive nothing works not even the wheel then. With the button boxes unplugged the wheel works.

8. denis dracup

denis dracup Active Member AMS2 Club Member

hmmmmm . i can only think one of the buttons maybe assigned wrong have you try only one button box at a time....are your pedals and shifter and buttons on wheel ok when boxes plugged in .very strange ..

9. F1Aussie

On and when button boxes are plugged in wheel doesnt work, neither do pedals. It must all,have worked at some stage otherwise I would not have been able to configure the button boxes but it has not worked for around 3 weeks now. Unfortunately have given up on ams until there is a solution, works properly with all other sims

10. antcar

antcar New Member

I resolved I changed the position of the rotary from rotary.jpg slipro and again has run ,vertical position

11. Glyn Cooper

Glyn Cooper New Member

i am also having mega trouble with this.
    Had issues in the past but always got it working.
    Not anymore.
    I have an OSW and protosimtech pedals. It works with all my other sims but this one.
    I find if i move the wheel quickly it picks up the OSW but the pedals just wont register.
    I registered them in windows control panel as I heard sometimes it helps. But it dosnt seem to make any difference. I really like this sim but just cant get it to work with my controls anymore.