1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car handling between sessions

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Kurupt CDN, Jul 7, 2020.

1. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Since 1.0.3 many of the cars are a tad slower with the tyre tweak. Some of those leaderboard times will be near impossible to beat now.

2. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

The Leaderboards got wiped with the 1.0.0.3 release ;)

3. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I know they were wiped just after 1.0 but for me at least I can still see all of the times set since that reset. The 1.0.3 release stiffened the tyres on many cars and the leaderboards are in tact since then.

4. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

Is it normal for tire pressure to have an effect on top speeds? It kind of makes sense to me that it would, but it's more of a question of how much?

All my times from before are still there, but I dont think they made any adjustments to the cars I set those times in. They may have reset the ones they tweaked?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  5. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

In short No is the answer, and unless Reiza fix the broken/exploited setups then the game is finito.
    Total mess and was in PCars 1 to make it worse, i can find 3 seconds exploiting the setup from default.
    And yes i know how to drive and tune before anyone starts thinking i'm just bashing the game.
    I like this game but after the release of GT4 on ACC, which actually is great now they've fixed the FFB and Physics, it's not looking good for AMS2.
    But knowing Reiza they will fix it, just will take a long of time...

6. Micropitt

For fairness, it should be mentioned that it took ACC 2 years to get where it is now. Remember how ACC was when it was released? :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

thats a little extreme. Most of these games have problems like this. You can drop downforce to zero and adjust the suspension and break the physics on a lot of games, including rFactor 2.

They just need to get the tire pressure/tire temperature thing right.

• Like Like x 1
  8. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

FYI, I checked that setup, its a TT setup. For the race you'll need to lower pressure and adjust camber for the rears. Yeah, I don;t know how I got that time. Probably just spinning around Brands for a couple of hours. lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. GiulioS

GiulioS New Member

I would like to return on the main topic because I've also experienced a huge difference in car handling between sessions, mainly between Test day and Race mode. Using F-V10, F3, GT4, prototypes and many other cars in the first one I feel the car stick on the track, a pleasure to drive. Than, in Race mode, they are another world: twitchy on exit, slippery and really difficult to drive, mainly when you follow another car. Is it something related to aero turbulence? This occurs in the first laps but also when tyres should have warmed up. It's a really annoying thing which is not present in other high end titles like rF2, AC or iRacing. Any suggestion?

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Micropitt

Oddly, I experienced the same thing just 2 days ago with the Sigma P1 at Interlagos. First I did about 15 Practice laps and adjusted some setup settings. The car felt really great and so I started a custom race. At race start tires and brakes were suppose to be on operating temperature but the car was sliding all over the place and it felt totally different from the practice runs I did just minutes prior. The car started feeling better after the third lap. This was the first and only time I experienced the issue.

11. GiulioS

GiulioS New Member

Same thing for me, after some laps the car starts to run better, but when I'm behind another car that feeling returns. Is it supposed to be normal? In other simulators like AC or rF2 the only thing is warming up the tyres but the car is never so twitchy and slippery, even when I'm trying to catch the ones in front of me. In my opinion this is a ruin-factor for AMS2, considering that its physics is not "high-end" like the first Automobilista or ISI titles

12. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Could it be dirty air?

13. Micropitt

I agree that it is a little bit annoying but since AMS2 is work in progress I'm confident it will be sorted out with one of the next updates.

14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am pretty sure that aero dependent cars are affected by dirty air in AMS2, that could well be what you are experiencing.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. GiulioS

GiulioS New Member

Mmmh ok so in the end it might be what I was thinking about. Isn't there an adjustment in order to mitigate or turn off this effect? I know it wouldn't be realistic in this way but it's really annoying. Moreover, it's something I haven't found in any other sim at this level. Am I wrong?

16. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I mentioned this at beginning of the thread, I believe Reiza said the livetrack still isnt fully implemented and states (rubbered in etc.) dont carry over to next sessions, so at start of race, you are technically on a fresh track again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It would be nice to get confirmation from the devs on this, cause IMO it makes spending time in this game setting up cars pointless if this is the case.
    Practice should have a green track to start yet I have more grip than race?
    What's keeping this feature from not being fully implemented now since it worked in both PC! & PC2?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

It would wouldnt it, it was in one of the update threads somewhere down the chain.... there is quite a lot of things missing from live track and similar "state" features that were present in AMS1 and Im hoping they will be added eventually (like visual -and possible- flats spot and other details)

19. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had the same experience yesterday in a RD clubrace with the Ginetta GT4. In practice and qualifying session all was fine, even if i have to admit that my car setup was a little bit aggressive.
    Then in race session the car became undriveable. It was an oversteery mess. Almost like driving in damp track conditions with slicks on.

Because the car handling was so different and imbalanced, i'd like to know what is happening here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Throwing my experience into the ring too. This reduction of traction in race sessions is something I initially thought was just me, but it clearly isn't. It's regularly seen by both myself and others in the RD club racing scene, and I've noticed it offline racing the AI too.

I thought it was maybe the track being mistakenly reset to green status after qualifying, but it's worse than that. A setup used in practice is often loose as hell in the race, so it seems traction is even less. As Ernie said above, it feels like the track is damp or something.

Trouble is that after spending a number of hours practicing and tweaking to get the car feeling good, to then reach the race and find it to suddenly be a slippery mess is really sucking the fun out of racing at all for me. It really needs to be looked into and addressed.

• Agree Agree x 4