Changing AI Difficutly @ Championship

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by DerJay, Mar 13, 2016.

1. DerJay

DerJay New Member

Hi,
    after i started a Marcas Championship @ 85 AI i tried to shift it up to 115 but nothing is changing.

I tried to do that in game (with game restart before the next race/event). No effect

I tried to edit the .cch file directly and then start the game and try the next race -> No effect

Now when i start the game and go to my Marcas Championship it says Ai Difficulty is at 115 but i can not see and feel a difference on track. (Ai is still as slow as Ai Difficulty 85).

I hope someone in here can help me.

2. Tommi

Tommi Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, DerJay.
    I've tested, and the edited ".cch" file worked for me.
    Here are the screenshots of the results.

<Non-edited ".cch": AI Driver Strength 71>
    Marcas_Test_01.jpg
    Marcas_Test_02.jpg

<Edited ".cch": AI Driver Strength 120>
    Marcas_Test_03.jpg
    Marcas_Test_04.jpg

Please try this way.

1. Create "Copa Petrobras de Marcas - Championship" and set "AI Driver Strength" to "71", and set "Race Laps" to "3" (or any number you like).

2. After loading the first track (Goiania), exit the game soon.

3. The created Championship data is saved in "UserData" folder (as you already know). So, make a backup of "UserData" folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\USERDATA (A: Pre-Race)

4. Launch AMS => Resume the Championship => Finish the first race (Goiania) => Take a screenshot of the Results (R1) => Then exit the game.

5. Delete "UserData" folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\USERDATA (B: After the first race) <= Delete

6. Restore "UserData" folder (A: Pre-Race) from the backup.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\USERDATA (A: Pre-Race)

7. Open "reiza02.cch" with Notepad. (Note: please don't use WordPad.)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\USERDATA\(Your Driver Name)\reiza02.cch

Please check the following line (at the top) and make sure the "Copa Petrobras de Marcas - Championship" is saved in "reiza02.cch".

[CAREER]
    Experience=2147483647
    Money=2147483647
    CurSeasIndex=0
    SinglePlayerVehicle="GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\MARCAS\MITSUBISHI_TEAMS\MITSUBISHI_1\LANCER_72.VEH"

SinglePlayerFilter="|CopaMarcas"

9. Next, search (find) "reiza02.cch" by the keyword "71". I think you can find the following line.

GAMEOPT_ai_driverstrength=71

Change "GAMEOPT_ai_driverstrength" value from "71" to "120". Then save the file.

GAMEOPT_ai_driverstrength=71 => GAMEOPT_ai_driverstrength=120

10. Launch AMS => Resume the Championship => Finish the first (Goiania) race again => Take a screenshot of the Results (R2) => Then exit the game.

11. Compare the Results (R1) and (R2).

The AI drivers in Reiza titles (including Automobilista) are very competitive. So, I always compare the Time and adjust the AI difficulty.
    Hope this helps. :)

3. DerJay

DerJay New Member

hi, thank you for your effort i will try that soon. greetings

4. Tommi

Tommi Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for your reply, DerJay.
    I've not tested all cars (classes) & tracks. If you still have the problem, please let me know the car & the track. I'll test it, too. :)

5. Martakus

Martakus Member AMS2 Club Member

For some reason, the Boxer Cup (Reiza21) doesn't seem to have a .cch file. Does anyone have a clue as to how I could change the difficulty of a boxer cup championship mid-season?