1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Community Race Leagues ?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Neil D Corfield, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Neil D Corfield

Neil D Corfield R3D M15T

Really love the game, but tired of some of the race sessions online , first corner hero's just ramming everyone off in there top down view in a bid to carve through the middle of the pack. As currently no licence method, the grids are packed with new racers trying to make there mark instantly in turn one. While there is always an element of this, in recent weeks this has seemingly become more prevalent at least in my case.

Can anyone suggest a good racing community to have gentlemanly races at the weekend, where people understand racing etiquette ?

2. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Fan Sites & Community Events
    Try here for a first look/choices

• Like Like x 2
  3. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

I agree with @Maser V6's comments & will add my 2 cents worth...

Regarding the racing & 1st corner antics - that's definitely frustrating. Two things I some times do to avoid this are:
    1) I'll skip sessions if the grid becomes too big and I think it's just going to turn into chaos. Some times you can accurately judge it during practise and qualifying.
    2) Quite often I will "accidentally" get a bad start and intentionally allow others to pass me off the line, wait a lap or two for my tires to fully heat up and judge things etc. You usually find the people who struggle with basic car control will take care of themselves and things spread out a bit. I appreciate some times this is not really a realistic option - but it's worked well for me on more than one occasion. No body's flawless either - so I'm not trying to pretend my driving is perfect.

In response to looking for a good league with decent drivers - I'd personally recommend the monthly Touristenfahrten events (organised/managed/owned by @Shriukan).
    Here's the reference thread: The Touristenfahrten Thread
    I've only actually signed up for one, and I don't think I even took part (as I was asleep), but my lack of involvement is based on my own preferences around which cars I like to drive.
    The reason for my recommendation is due to the fact, that I very rarely see poor driving behaviour on those servers and I personally love the Nordschleife - so if that sort of thing appeals, I'd genuinely recommend you have a look at it. There's a core group of drivers who regularly sign up for the events, so if you want longer races around the Nurburgring - it might appeal.

League activity often come down to time zones too (which I know very well, living in one that has a small population) - so you might need to hunt around.

Another good thing to watch is the "AMS unofficial" discord server (Join the AMS UNOFFICIAL Discord Server!).
    i.e. if you sign up, check out the "featured-races" and "external-races" channels, within the AMS 2 section. You might find some stuff popping up there that doesn't get listed on this site.

Good luck :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

SimRacingSystem run weekend leagues (Saturday @ 16.00 & 18:00 GMT / Sunday @16:00 GMT).

Today is P4's @ Jerez at 16:00 GMT @ Stock Car @ Goiania and tomorrow is 1960's touring @ Azure.

Sim Racing System

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

An alternative to a league/discord setup has been discussed as another option of races to join/setup. Conversation starts below: And expressions of interest still open on the idea