1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Content Roadmap Discussion/Speculation (The 'Sherlock' Thread)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Rodger Davies, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, since this topic also allows "wish list"

I have the expectation that a Senna's Career mode will allow me to race against Senna in a WSC nurburgring 1984 round....on a Porsche 956 senna-endurance-1984[1].jpg

:whistle:

• Like Like x 2
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yeah my fault to mix too many cars - sorry.
    I Just checked your F-Classic Gen3 and FV10 Gen 1 out and I admit these 2 cars are pretty good.
    They are so easy (and predictable) to drive that I in less than 5 laps in each got positioned reasonable on the LBs.:D
    Im not actually topping the lists (at the moment) :p but without altering anything else than the steer lock I can run very stable and repeatably fast - so lets see when I get bored by my F-Reiza:)
    My only real critique is that the sound of the F-Classic Gen3 is pretty dull and uninspirering - while the sound of FV10 Gen 1 is really good.

ByTheWay: One of the guys on the FV10 LB could be Kevin Magnussen from Denmark - or a humorous guy using this RL F1 drivers nickname to show how good he is.:p
    NB: Its from Kyalami Historic
    K-Mag.png

3. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

I wish the would also add the Copa Petrobras de Marcas (Brazilian touring cars) that were also in AMS1. I am glad to have bought the season pass. Looking forward to all the content!

4. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I've removed the cars that were added on Friday, but any thoughts about whether these should be removed too? Might wait and see on the next blog post, but:

a) has the last update fulfilled the 60s/70s Touring Cars (with the Mini and the M1)?
    b) I'll move the 90s British Touring Cars to unknowns
    c) @2ndLastJedi you removed your original Tweet so I can't re-check the 70s Porsche hint :p

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Man i didnt mean to remove that !! I cleaned up my Twitter and this got removed i guess :confused: Here is a screen shot i took though .
    I dont get Twitter really , it still shows when i click on it :confused:

Attached Files:

6. Rodger Davies

Sorry, not 'removed' but it's only visible to followers now :)
    Will move that to the 'unknowns' list for now, but more thinking they're talking about Porsche in general than a 1970s model. We'll see!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

Some have already been mentioned others are speculations

̶P̶o̶r̶s̶c̶h̶e̶ ̶9̶1̶1̶ ̶G̶T̶3̶R̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶6̶
    ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶e̶d̶e̶s̶ ̶A̶M̶G̶ ̶G̶T̶3̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶5̶
    Copa HB 20 (Hyundai)
    GT Sprint Race 2020 (Mustang - Camaro)
    CART Indy Car
    Drift Car
    Rally Cross
    GTE
    BTCC late 90's
    McLaren F1

Monza
    Indianapolis
    Daytona
    Le Mans
    Laguna Seca
    Watkins Glen
    Buenos Aires
    Goodwood

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  8. Rodger Davies

Alright, now we’re talking...

McLaren 570 GT4 is in:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rober

Rober Member

Mclaren in the 2nd screenshot Cayman in the first, so Porsche is in!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Rodger Davies

Oops, you’re right, I originally thought they were both the McLaren. Can anyone work out from the lights shape if it’s the newer 718 model or the older Cayman ‘MR’ version?

Edit: Personally I'm a little disappointed but I’m pretty sure this is the 2016 model from PC2 and not the 2019 version :(

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  11. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

Why Urgh :(?
    Depends on how they implement it. The model was ok. If they give it better physics, then its a winner :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. 2ndLastJedi

Has there been more images shown? Otherwise how could anyone tell where the model came from if only using that dark screenshot? Wouldn't any 2016 model look like any other 2016 model?

I thought I heard people saying the M1 was SMS model yet that seems to be heralded as near the best car in AMS2 so even if the Cayman was SMS what's it matter?

13. Rodger Davies

I have no issue with it being an SMS model, my dislike is that it’s the 2016 model and not the current one (the 718 from 2019). If you want to see the difference, Raceroom has both.

It’s not an issue for historical cars to me, but for a supposed modern class, starting with cars that already have newer versions would be a little disappointing personally.

14. Rober

Rober Member

But maybe there isn't any 718 running in a brasilian championship, people always forget this. Any Porsche is welcome, I enjoyed the PCARS 2 version more than any other sim, it has a lot of character (maybe the wrong character, I don't know)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Rodger Davies

a) I don't recall anything saying they were trying to recreate the Endurance Brasil series
    b) There's neither version of the Cayman in the Endurance Brasil series

16. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

depart from whishing also latest versions, i think its very important, that all cars of the same series are from same generation. I hope we don't get a 2014 Ginetta, 2016 Porsche, 2018 BMW and 2019 Mercedes ( just as example ).

• Like Like x 3
  17. 2ndLastJedi

The last paragraph :cool:
    From here Reiza December 2019 Development Update

"Endurance Brasil - What a Series!

For the third time this year we have visited an Endurance Brasil race for data research and collecting reference material. It´s always a productive visit and a good time as the Series is incredibly diverse and the participants are almost invariably an accessible, friendly bunch, many of which fans of sim racing as well.

This is a truly sui generis series that stand out relative to other Endurance and Sports Cars championships - part of it is due to the sheer diversity of machinery and the garagist spirit that permeates the pit boxes filled with a mix of state-of-the-art GT3 machinery, daring high-performance, custom build Prototypes and some others so unique they are hard to even describe :) They all hit the track together for races usually ranging from 4 to 6 hours in duration with 2-3 drivers sharing the same car.

Most of you will already know that AMS2 will continue to feature complete seasons of pretty much all major brazilian racing series and we very much intend to include this one as well"

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  18. 2ndLastJedi

19. 2ndLastJedi

Also this paragraph from further down makes me happy :)

"The whole series in fact makes for an immensely compelling subject matter for a racing sim and we very much intend to go the distance with it. We won´t quite have the full 2020 field on release (not least because new cars are expected to make the grid) but we´ll have quite a few and gradually build on that over the initial months to hopefully feature the full series in all its glorious madness!"

• Like Like x 4
  20. Rodger Davies

Nice find, thanks - I'll add that into the main list.

• Like Like x 1