1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating a tool for career mode in AMS + other sims

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thiago Marques, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Thiago Marques

Thiago Marques New Member AMS2 Club Member

Also I have yet to check out how the custom season tool works, understanding the file format that it writes I can have the server generate that file and all you would need to do is download and unpack it to the AMS folder... that would be a feature exclusive to AMS, though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

@Thiago Marques
    Thanks for information.
    So your tool is just an online substitute for a spread sheet...;)

I thought it also creates automatically a custom season and set AI level.
    I did not check, but I think a custom season is just a simple ini-file. AC uses also just ini-files. So the auto generation feature should be possible for both, AMS and AC.
    So it should not be a problem that your tool creates it automatically. Then of course you need to provide an UI for settings e.g. race length and all the other stuff.

When I finished the offline career of PCars2, I will start an offline career in AMS using your tool.:cool:

3. rsr427

rsr427 Member AMS2 Club Member

Great idea. I will try this out. The problem with creating your own career, usually, is that it's hard to replicate what works in F1 201x. You start with a poor team, you can't win, but that's okay, you just want to impress. With Pcars2, there's no point in moving to a new team, they're all kind of equal. Same with AMS. But if we alter the difficulty, which it appears you do, I can aim to finish top 15 in year 1, top 10 in year 2, and top 3 in year 3 of a series.