Crew Chief V4 Spotter for Automobilista

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Links & Resources' started by gongo, Jun 17, 2016.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

2. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I could do with the spotter randomly saying "it's hammer time" just to try and get me to speed up a bit :)

PS One of the dumbest things ever that they banned Lewis' engineer from saying that to him in F1.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Going to include this app in next EEC league downloads folder man!

• Like Like x 1
  4. taris

taris Member

Please ..... Move this addon to rF2 ...

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Derek Lundie

Derek Lundie New Member AMS2 Club Member

Who knew that something I stumbled upon in a doomed Race Department thread would end up being the single greatest addition to my offline sim experience for years :p Thank you very much to both of you for the work put into this, looking forward to what comes next

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

Glad you like it. As you might have noticed, the "dooming" of the RD thread caused a little friction...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. taris

taris Member

Thanks for answer. Can you or anyone make a tutorial to start a new sound pack? I want to make a portuguese version.

• Like Like x 1
  9. gongo

-

10. Derek Lundie

Derek Lundie New Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed. Was a tad silly on their part :rolleyes: But at least it helped spread the word about this great app.

On a nicer note, how hard is it to add sound files for AI driver names? Is it a simple drag and drop with the app recognizing the file or is it something that has to be hard coded? I'm just contemplating adding my own sound files for some of the AI drivers for the time being and I appreciate that you probably have your hands full with everything and don't have the time to add sounds for every AI driver. Plus I'm feeling a tad nostalgic for days of F1 challenge mods when the crew chief voice and driver name voice never matched :p

11. Kevin Peat

Had an update to the spotter last night and now in Time Trial mode at least (maybe in others to?) when he was reading out the deltas saying I was up or down it was the wrong way around. Not sure if anyone else noticed this?

12. gongo

-

13. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Fuel is still a bit strange, if I leave the pits with say 8 litres for a quail session it says you have less than half a tank as I am driving out of the pits.

14. gongo

-

15. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was in Brasilia the other evening in a practice session, and I thought the same thing, but I haven't had time to test it further since so I didn't post anything here.
    For example, on one lap my sector 1 and 2 times were very close to the leader, and the spotter said something like 'sector time is good', but on sector 3 I was two tenths up (faster), and the spotter said, you're 2 tenths down. Maybe it's just a different understanding of up & down, I've always thought that if I am 'up' on someone else's time, then I am getting ahead of them/going quicker, but I suppose some might say that 'down' means the lap time is lower/quicker?

16. Kevin Peat

Just checked this and it is 4.3.0.3, I had been playing the beta since the weekend so probably the first time I started it since then.

There is definitely something odd in Time Trial mode at least. Driving the Copa Montana at Brasilia and if I am a couple of tenths quicker in the first sector he will say I am down and if I run wide or have a spin he will often say it was a good sector even though the time is slower. This is checking the splits against the old hud rather than dynhud which seems to have a few bugs of it's own.

17. SupermightyZ

SupermightyZ New Member

Thanks for the work on spotter! Great!

18. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

last weekend I did an online race and started with something like 80 litres and I am 99% sure it told me when I had half fuel left.
    Its my online server, and it has told me more than once as I pull out of the pits you have half a tank of fuel left when I had 8 to 12 litres in the tank, this was in a practice session. I will retest this on my server tonight and try and get a more accurate picture

Cheers

19. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry if I am misunderstanding, but it is definitely possible to check what fuel loads each AI (and human) were carrying from lap to lap, I often look at this after each sesson. so surely AMS must be able to report the fuel load?

20. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I only tried it offline so far. With 4.3.0.3 I had half fuel tank reports in race (once before the half way race report… and it was true! :confused: ), sometimes in quali where it doesn't matter (but it is fine to have the report there too!). I think in quali it was always after exiting the car then back on track.
    I also had the same impression as Keith, with lap time being reported the other way around (for example, slower by half a second in sector 3 when in fact I was half a second quicker). I play with DynHUD on, and in general they are not really giving the same time difference in practice: there, I guess it comes from the estimations that needs to be done, not sure which one is right, which one is wrong.
    All in all, this is a great tool, thanks a lot for all this gentlemen! I feel like it still need some polish tho: it is great for cars around, I like having some encouragement too (this works great in race, even if it still sounds "machine" like); but I must admit I am not trusting its lap time infos 100% yet. Maybe it is me, I still need to get use to it! And I didn't try online, not sure how it will mix with the talks in TS... :)