Crew Chief V4 Spotter for Automobilista

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Links & Resources' started by gongo, Jun 17, 2016.

1. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  2. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Small report from yesterday race (Marcas at Cascavel) :

- The qualify session lasts 7 minutes, so on practise is common to make a run until the fuel ends.
    When that happens you Just Esc and then go again for another run. On this case, it would report that i dont have fuel on my exit lap, although i just got out with 20 litres.
    *Edit: just read the previous page and this one seems to be solved by your comments).

- At practise and Race i kept receiving almost at every lap a Warning about Rear wheels locking on the second sector (two turns to the left).
    Since i was using Abs at low, i kept wondering what was triggering the message (maybe something Setup related) but couldnt figure it out.

3. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

This is normal...I noticed it too but is a normal consequence to be aggressive on track lol

4. gongo

-

• Like Like x 3
  5. gongo

-

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. sinarca

sinarca New Member

Hi Jebus. I have "Assign control" not active in control panel despite clicking on "Toggle Spotter On/Off".
    Where Am I wrong ?

7. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Have you selected the device you want to assign to from the bottom left? You need to choose that first and then assign the key.

8. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Could it be that damage-reporting is still a bit off ? Racing the Super V8's i got a soft hit in the rear by an AI-car. CrewChief told me my engine was damaged ? This happened several times in a few different races.

9. gongo

-

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah ok, must've missed that. Oops.

Actually i can't race without CrewChief anymore :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. gongo

-

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you sure you didn't hit the Vtec key? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

Any way we could get an option to bind a key to ask for fuel remaining as well as some way to track fuel consumption rate?

Any plans or possibility of integrating a fuel/race strategy layer? I understand there are limits because of inability to edit the pit window.

14. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Lol! That's a hard turn there! Especially behind another car and with a full tank!

Just to be clear, the point where it was reporting the rear locking is the 2 other left turns, just after the right turn on your picture.
    Dunno if makes a difference, but i was with the Fluence !

15. gongo

-

• Like Like x 2
  16. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

What about consumption rate, in terms of an actual raw data figure ie. 2.85l a lap? That is the kind of figure you could use to do mental math and figure out for yourself how to change your driving to hit a desired pit window, such as ahead of time figuring out you need to be below X litres a lap to make your strategy window and that's something the Crew Chief doesn't need to be programmed to assist. So maybe he can say what your average for the last 5 laps is or something. Basically this would be no different than looking at that digital readout you see on a modern Indy car telling you what your consumption is, but verbally.

I was thinking what about a kind of preset strategy interface where you can plug in your planned strategy and the chief can calculate if you're inside the parameters you set for yourself or warn you of your upcoming window and stuff. So uses would be if I planned to pit on lap 25 and the chief is telling me I'm looking at my tires being gone before then or my fuel consumption is outside my desired pit window or I'm below my limit so I can push a bit harder.

Aside from questions of utility to most of the AMS community it feels like something that would be really immersive because unlike the PCars spotter this chatter would actually be relevant to your actual race and so wouldn't sound like fluff along with being immersive because those of us who don't like a HUD everywhere could get all that data without the clutter.

I appreciate of course the issue of wasting time for a low demand feature. So far though this has been a real delight to use. I'm very glad you ported it to AMS.

17. gongo

-

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

@gongo Yea I understand how you need to keep it agnostic which is why I'm rather keen on the whole fuel consumption figure since it lets you have something that can make up for the lack of a meaningful strategy layer and can make simply hotlap practice output figures that are useful for out of sim planning anyway. Obviously some people don't need that figure but even if you hate mental math (which I honestly do) it still gives you a data point you can use if you do the math ahead of time, so say I have a chance to go without refueling if I'm frugal I know what my consumption rate has to be over time and then if that doesn't work out I can ditch that and go for the fall back strategy.

In the end I figure an option to use that figure would be helpful and if you're looking to make it the omnibus tool that every single sim racer cna't live without you should probably, in my opinion, cater to every possible preference within the reasonable boundaries of your time. So I see offering me access to a fuel consumption figure you already calculate the most efficient way to satisfy more people without having to go even beyond the threshold of non trivial.

• Like Like x 1
  19. gongo

-

20. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

@gongo I appreciate your interest in listening to people's ideas. This tool is very slick and its already switched on every single time I'm driving now. I look forward to seeing it evolve further.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2