Crew Chief V4 Spotter for Automobilista

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Links & Resources' started by gongo, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Noticed that nothing has been discussed really since Jan 2018. Does that mean this thread is well and truly dead, or is it carried on somewhere else? New to Crew Chief. Thanks.

2. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There's not really much to discuss. CrewChief works flawless and absolutely fine with AMS. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Michael Enright

Thanks for the reply. The discussion just stopped so quickly, that's all. Thought it may have just moved somewhere else. Now to get it working with AMS 2.

4. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It is working with AMS2 (using beta 4.1.1). It's with Simhub that I'm encountering issues where sometimes HUD's don't appear, though it was working for some time until few days ago w/ no changes to setup (ie. still Windowed, didn't touch UDP settings since it started to work). Perhaps someone knows why?

Good thing we now have some additional HUDs in-game, though w/ it's own issues.

EDIT: Seems AMS2 changes the UDP settings back to PC2? Set it up in PC2 again (PC2, UDP=none, UDP=PC1), and it's working again. :O

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  5. Michael Enright

Can you talk me through exactly how to get it working in AMS 2 please. Fine with AMS 1 but not really a clue with 2. Thanks

6. sherpa25

Sure, will try... Simply download and install the CC app (v4.11 - someone shared the link in one thread in AMS2). Then select Automobilista 2 under Game, and run AMS2. The basic default settings are fine, but you can set others later on as you study/play w/ the app, as well as download other Spotter voices.
    Tip: You can also have CC display only specific games that you prefer to appear under the 'Game' window by going to properties and typing shortened names for your select games under the 'Limit available games (text)' field: (ex. acc, rf2, r3e, assetto, ams, ams2, pcars2).

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  7. Michael Enright

Thanks, I tried that, but still didn't work. It was all working well with AMS 1. I had to end up going into AMS 2's Options/System and there select Shared Memory Project Cars 2, UDP Frequency 1 and UDP Protocol Version to Project Cars 2. All is well with the world again. Thank you for your time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Michael Enright

Actually if I had read your reply properly I would have worked it out a lot quicker. You told me to use those settings, I just didn't know where those settings were. Doh. Thanks again.

9. sherpa25

Now that's weird, because I have mine set as PC2, Off, and PC1, respectively, for those 3 settings. Couldn't find any confirmation on what's correct. But in my case, I need those for Simhub to work as well. Hope we get confirmation on these soon. I'll try setting the three to PC2,1,PC2 later and observe (for CC & Simhub).

10. Michael Enright

No probs, let me know how you go. in the mean time, I'll try your settings again.

11. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Yeah SiMhub is silence after the the latest Beta 3 release. Can’t get it back to work again.

12. Michael Enright

Seems like CC works in AMS 2 with any setting. I tried those you said and it did indeed work with them too. Shame about SiMhub for you though. Maybe it might work in the next Beta.

• Like Like x 1
  13. wowbagger

wowbagger Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm having issues with AMS 1 and CC. I can't get the hotkeys (eg. "How's my fuel?" etc.) to work unless CC has the focus. If I'm in AMS the keys aren't passed to CC it seems.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Cheers

14. Michael Enright

Have you tried setting up voice commands instead of keys? If not, this could help;
    Speech recognition trouble shooting
    Haven't tried it myself yet. It's on the todo list.

15. wowbagger

Thanks for the idea. I haven't yet because I use Voice Attack with other games and it works so well I wanted to use Voice Attack to send commands to CC. But can't get it to work either - same result as trying simple hotkeys. I might have to try using CC Voice commands directly and see if that works.

16. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So does the App look at your opponents and read their surname? I think i saw a Youtube video and it read out the surname of Anderson when the person was racing someone with the name Anderson, however when i have been racing it doesnt seem to read out any of the surnames, im guessing they just arent on the list? Or do i need to tick a box somewhere? Thanks

17. Michael Enright

Did you get Voice Attack to work with AMS2?

18. wowbagger

No, sorry. To be honest there has been too much going on and I haven't played with it at all to see if it will work. I haven't been able to spend more than a few minutes with AMS2 over the last month. :(

I'll post back here if I get it working.