1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Championship - List of Current Issues (v1.2.0.2)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by RockettSally, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Glyn Goold

Glyn Goold Member AMS2 Club Member

Just started a Stock Car 2020 Championship at Goiana and nine cars were disqualified including me for ignoring a pitstop... what pitstop???

I also noticed that no matter which car I choose the skin is duplicated in the race. I thought this had been sorted? And why don't the driver names match the names on the car windscreens?

It's all very frustrating for what will eventually turn out to be a great race sim.

2. Squalido

Squalido New Member

The stock car championships have a mandatory pit-stop. Unfortunately the game doesn't tell you this. There is even a pit stop window and the only way to know about it is to use crew chief as he will tell you when the pit window is going to open or close.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I learned this the hard way, but once I understood, it was fine. I didn't see AI getting penalties, however, but I did run 100% length races, so maybe that makes a difference.

4. RockettSally

RockettSally The Average AMS2 enjoyer

I give the sim a spin yesterday after the update.

Indeed, the issues regarding Weather are mostly fixed. Slots are now working as intended and Time Progression changes accordingly.

Still, no refueling yet.

5. Jeff Scharpf

"Still, no refueling yet."
    I think that you're on to something about the base being F3 and refueling being banned. I just did a new custom IMSA championship and my first race was at Daytona. After about an hour, I came in to pit, and gave control to my AI co-driver. He pulled out and promptly ran out of gas lol! (I wasn't paying attention but assumed he got fuel, but he didn't). Then the messages started popping up "Driver X has retired, Driver Y has retired") lol.. I guess they all ran out of gas.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. RockettSally

LMAO.

Yes, I've explained in the OP that this could be the issue regarding the Banning of Refueling.

I hope it becomes an option in a near future. But for now, I'll disable Fuel Consumption and run Tyre Wear in 3x to force some pit stops along the way.

7. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

How do I continue this custom championship? There isn't any button I can click on, but the delete. Clicking on the text or image of the car doesn't open the next round of the championship.
    [​IMG]
    Today I deleted my complete AMS-folder, so that shouldn't be a problem.

8. macbtz

macbtz Member

Hello
    The mandatory pitstop does not work in custom championships.
    Gives the impression that the configuration is not saved when the changes are applied
    It also does not allow to create in the pitstop strategy to add fuel

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. NeilsOnWheels

NeilsOnWheels New Member

I set the duration of my races to be 10 laps, but the race finishes after only 1 lap. I recreated new championships, but the race length is always 1 lap.
    I'm running the latest patch released yesterday.
    Has anyone experienced this? Is there a work-around.

10. Jeff Scharpf

Has anyone tried tampering with files lol? This is out of my league, but I thought maybe copying one of the regular championships (which all work just fine), and .. you know.. "tweaking" a few things :), might do something.

11. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

The UI doesn't seem to tell you before the start of the race, if there's a mandatory stop or not.

I created a custom championship - some races/rounds with mandatory pitstops and others without and can't tell which it which.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Souvlaki

Souvlaki New Member

How did you manage to turn fuel consumption off? I don't see that anywhere on the championship setup page, nor do I see any place that I can adjust tire wear. Are these two features missing or am I just blind?

Thanks

13. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Dude, I have similar issue but should fix if you set "race distance scale" to 100%.

14. RockettSally

On Options > Gameplay > Fuel Consumption

15. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm having an issues with Custom Championships and it's been like this from the start and still in the current update from today. I'm trying to see if it's an issue on my end or not.

I cannot view two different custom championships without the game crashing to the desktop.
    Yes I have deleted (renamed) my Automobilista 2 documents folder to start from scratch. I still get this issue.

Steps to replicate my issue every time.
    - If you don't have two custom championships already setup then please create two different ones. If you have two then you can skip.

- Restart the game if you just created two different championships
    This restart is important here in my findings. If you create two new championships and then go right into each of them without the game restart then you won't have this issue until the game has restarted.

- Go into custom championships then go into the first one you created. Everything should look fine

- Now back out to the main menu

- Go back into custom championships

- Select the second custom championship you created before the game restart. (Cannot be the same one you already went into)

- At this point my game crashes to the desktop every single time.

So in order for me to move between custom championships I need to restart my game every time or it just crashes.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, exact same issue for me too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. RockettSally

I had some crash to desktop issues when the update was released.

But after doing the "Verify File Integrity" on Steam, it seems to have fixed it.

Try this to see if it solves your problem.

18. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope. I just verified the files two times and both came back already fine and it still crashes to the desktop while trying to view two different custom championships. It's only with custom championship though. I have had no other crashes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Trying to do a custom championship for a race date at 12/11/2019 or other late-year dates using real weather still gives missing grass textures so the entire track is floating on air. No problems with the same date outside of the custom championship.

Is this ever gonna get fixed? Not interested in doing more custom championships when 50% of the races are run on Rainbow Road.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Ronaldo Ferraz

Ronaldo Ferraz New Member

"I also noticed that no matter which car I choose the skin is duplicated in the race. I thought this had been sorted? And why don't the driver names match the names on the car windscreens?

It's all very frustrating for what will eventually turn out to be a great race sim"

up! 2