Dashmeter Pro - third device

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by White Oak Racing, Apr 24, 2016.

1. White Oak Racing

White Oak Racing Member AMS2 Club Member

Trying to connect a third device to DashmeterPro r2.

Following is my preferences.ini setup

Android_IP1 = 192.168.1.119;

## Enable a second or a third Android device.
    Enable_second_display = true;
    Android_IP2 = 192.168.1.147;
    Enable_third_display = true;
    Android_IP3 = 192.168.1.134;

When running the plugin test, only the first two device are listed in the test results, skipping the setup of for the third device.

If I switch the IP addresses, making 134 the second device and 147 the third, 134 will connect but 147 is not addressed.

I'd appreciate any help.

2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Are your devices connected to WIFI or USB? If they're on WIFI, in the preferences.ini try setting Extended_Buffer_Size = true

3. White Oak Racing

WiFi. Yes, I tried that - no luck.
    I am able to get the three devices working in PCars andbAssetto so I know the communications work with the devices. The unusual thing is that the test doesn't run the third device line.

4. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I just ran both the AC/pCars .exe and the plugin test for rF1/AMS and rF2. While the AC .exe shows all three IPs in the window, the rF1/AMS and rF2 versions both only show the first two IPs - note that I have not enabled IP2 or IP3 in either case. Even swapping out the preferences.ini between AC and AMS did not change anything. I think this may be an error in either the plugin .dll file or the .exe file itself. You anly mentioned the plugin test, but I suppose the third device is also not working in-game?

Maybe try sending an email to Sensadigit Contact directly. They are known to be very helpful.

5. White Oak Racing

Thanks for looking into this - I appreciate it.

I did send a note to Sensadigit and they said that, while the test app only communicates with tow devices by design, all three should work in the game.

My recollection is that the third did not but I will test it later today and see what happens.

6. White Oak Racing

Upon further review:
    As I stated above, Sensadigit wrote that, while the test app does not address the third device, the program will and, of course, it does!
    I guess I should have gone to Automobilista and seen the results of the setup instead of stopping with the test app.

Thanks for taking the time to assist me, though.

John

• Like Like x 2