1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DLC packs you want to pay for

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by jonathon, Jul 24, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

As a fan of touring cars mine would simply be...

BTCC 2023

CARS
    At least one of each FWD and RWD... A full grid would be awesome, the Hyundai and the BMW would be my favourites if it is one of each... The extra Hybrid power for 2023 will make the racing as good as it was with ballast...

TRACKS
    Croft
    Knockhill
    Thruxton

Or if the licensing is an issue for current BTCC I'd gladly take a Super Tourers version with all the manufacturers of that era...

V8 Supercars 2023

CARS
    Both models

TRACKS
    Symmons Plains
    Barbagallo
    Hidden Valley

Group A 1987

CARS
    Ford Sierra RS500
    Maserati Biturbo
    Alfa Romeo 75 Turbo

TRACKS
    Dijon
    Brno
    Calder Park Thunderdome

Now for something a little different which could really add to the current content within AMS2

Roval Track Pack

Calder Park Thunderdome
    Pocono Raceway
    Las Vegas Motor Speedway
    Rockingham Raceway
    Lausitzring
    Adelaide International Raceway

Note: I expect Indy to be part of the Racing USA series...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

About the historical DLC pack, I mainly expect Long Beach (2 versions), Monaco (2 versions), Laguna Seca and Jerez.

Regarding the DLC packs I could buy, I want new urban tracks like Surfers Paradise, Nashville, Toronto, Detroit. I also want 2 or 3 more ovals like Miami, Indianapolis and Bristol. Finally, some modern F1 circuits like Mexico City, Yas Marina, Bahrain.
    Without forgetting the rally cross, Project Cars 2 did a good job in my opinion. So give us a Mini RX, a VW Polo RX, a Honda Civic RX... with non-RX track configurations (driving an RX car on Imola is one of my best experiences on PC2) and snow of course.
    upload_2022-10-12_6-37-7.png

3. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Better tune your expectations down to """"""""""only"""""""""" Spa and Nords.

4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

If you already have the license for some tracks and done the current layouts, it would not mean too much work to include historic variants for one or another, i.e. the Kyalami GP layout of the early 90s or the old Laguna track, as many parts of the course are pretty much the same.

5. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

and eastern creek aka smsp. there is no good eastern creek in any sim at the moment they are all very far off the mark.

• Like Like x 1
  6. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The old Laguna layout is a different track for quite a big part (and I would love to have that in AMS2!). See the 1968-1985 layout below. So imagine Reiza wanting to add that to the sim: they'd have to model a large chunk of the track from scratch, probably without having any data (LIDAR etc) for it. Further on they have to eyeball the layout and look from vintage videos of questionable quality. That's the difficulty of creating vintage tracks.

[​IMG]

And I don't think it’s that easy to add historic variants of some tracks. Even if only a curve of a track changed just a little bit you'll have to model that part of the track again. Also don't forget all the assets (trees, billboards, buildings, people etc) which have to be build for historic variants. I wouldn't underestimate the amount of work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

From T4 to T1 it is pretty much the same...

Much easier to create than the long historic track of Spa from scratch.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Spa and Nords come with their respective DLC. I was talking about the historical tracks DLC.

9. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nevertheless it’s still work and the Reiza guys need to work on that. It's not just copy/paste and add some vintage banners here and there.

10. Scar666

Eastern Creek is another track to add, maybe to a 2nd DLC to get all of the great tracks down under... It was a close call between Hidden Valley and Eastern Creek for the 3 tracks and cars DLC pack theme I ran with...

Pukekohe and Oran Park would be favourite tracks that no longer exist to add to a 2nd down under pack... Both tracks are great for all types of racing, Oran Park has a great truck racing history as well formula racing...

11. Jugulador

By the contraire... making a track, even a version of an existing one, is very work demanding.

But did Reiza confirmed this DLC? Would be amazing.

12. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Yes it seems to me that there is a DLC of historical circuits which is planned sooner or later. These are historical variants of circuits already present in the game.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

In general, I would like to see more Grand Prix tracks of present and past in the game, in order to have more courses for the fast cars like F1 or CARTS.
    The brazilian tracks are great fun, but many of them rather fit to the slower cars of AMS 2, as they are quite short.

14. Jugulador

If real F1 can do Monaco, how it couldn't do any of these Brazilian tracks?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

More F1 tracks would be nice, but there's several Brazilian tracks in AMS2 that work well for F1/Cart: Interlagos, Jacarepagua, Curitiba, Goiania, Brasilia, Curvelo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Jugulador

What about the São Paulo street circuit for Formula Indy?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

It would be a great addition : street tracks are missing in AMS2 imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Scar666

Street track DLC

Macau
    VIla Real
    Rome
    Toronto
    Townsville
    Surfers Paradise

Endurance Track DLC

Le Mans
    Sebring
    Road Atlanta
    Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
    Mosport
    Mid Ohio

• Like Like x 1
  19. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Agreed , a league pack paradise !

20. STV_Robin

STV_Robin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I really like the Idea of these “Racing Japan/Australia/UK” stuff in addition to the Racing USA packs and the vast amount of Brazilian content in the game. Since no one brought this up yet, here’s another big racing nation:

Racing Germany:

Cars:
    - A roster of DTM cars from the 2012-2018 era with three manufacturers (Mercedes, BMW, Audi)
    - Complete the roster of German Group A cars.

Tracks:
    - Eurospeedway Lausitz (or Lausitzring), the Oval layout would be interesting for Formula USA Gen 3 as well).
    - Norisring
    - Oschersleben
    - Maybe some German Airport track for the classic DTM cars (Mendig from AMS1 would be fine as well)
    Edit: - Avus (old version with the banking + the one used in the 90s, how could I forget this one...)

This would already be enough to recreate some iconic German Touring car experience. Though licensing could be very difficult as DTM and its cars are probably a Raceroom exclusive (tho I remember a modern DTM car in the first Project Cars title, right?)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2022