1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you want ranked multiplayer? Here it is :)

Discussion in 'Fan Sites & Community Events' started by roszman, Mar 9, 2023.

1. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

Hi,

So you're sim racer and you want to race online?
    [​IMG]

www.racecraft.online (RCO) is free ranked multiplayer service for AMS2, with driver ratings, racing licenses and all that fuzz.

RCO don't have much active drivers yet, but cool thing about AMS2 and RCO is that RCO can host online races with AI (if there are more than 5 drivers in race the AI is disabled), additionally RCO tries to adapt AI skill to your skill level*, so you should have quite intense races even if there are no other players around you.

Checkout www.racecraft.online/faq for more info.
    Dont' hestitate to ask questions in this thread.

Ah, and if your like the idea of AMS2 ranked multiplayer service than give me thumbs up under this post. If you don't need/like ranked multiplayer, then please give thumbs down ;)

See you on track ;)

* AI skill level will adjust to your skill level after few races ;)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 12
  2. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Good initiative but I leave online servers as soon as I see they have AI enabled.

• Like Like x 1
  3. roszman

Probably you'll also leave as soon as there are no other players with you :D

I raced online with AI multiple times already, they are quite good, I had few good laughs with them.

AI is enabled just to showcase RCO features and it 's disabled for races with 6 drivers or more - at least I believe that's how I implemented it, need to double check that :D

Give it a try, it will suprise you ;)

4. F_B

Sure, didn't want to talk bad about it. It's just when I want to race against AI I do it offline.

5. roszman

@Fabian Biehne
    this
    wasn't implemented, but it is now :p

Grab five of your friends and give RCO a try, you don't have excuse now ;P

6. roszman

No worries, opinions are good.

So do you like to race online? Are you interested in ranked multiplayer?

7. F_B

Generally I'm always interested in MP, I'm a Iracing member since 10 years so have some experience.

• Like Like x 2
  8. roszman

Cool, give RCO a try and tell me what is missing. What is missing except drivers, to be precise;)

9. Coldsalmon

Coldsalmon Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been an offline-only racer so far, but RCO has drawn me into online racing. It's just a straight upgrade to single-player offline AI races. The adaptive AI automatically syncs to my level, so I can skip the process of trying to find the right setting. And it automatically saves all of my stats, and gives me a safety/consistency/pace ranking. This is super cool, and feels like a kind of career mode. The fact that other humans may also join the race is a good bonus, but even if they don't, I still prefer it to offline AI racing.

It's an especially good service for people who are transitioning from single-player to online racing. Getting more interest from that population may increase the numbers to the point that the servers will be full of humans, and then we'll have a critical mass to fuel more adoption.

• Like Like x 1
  10. roszman

Things exploded during this weekend, we are now more than 1k drivers, and in last 48 hours we had many full grid races with multiple splits.

Join us ;)

• Like Like x 5
  11. GeeCrumb

GeeCrumb Unknown Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed this thread last week and will try to get my bronze licence today evening to compete in the green hell on tuesday.

So far I really like the split between hourly and weekly races. The adaptive AI is a big plus and makes the plattform driveable even if not many are registering for an rookie race. The UI and stats (I looked at some driver profiles in the standing page) are just beautiful made. Really like it so far and will for sure try to compete on RCO as much as possible next to iRacing. Hell, maybe even more on RCO since the 1.5 update and release of the adrenalin pack.

I am looking forward for the future of RCO. I really hope it's here to stay.

//EDIT:
    Forgot something I wanted to ask: What does "official standing" mean in the standing table?
    rco_standing.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  12. roszman

racecraft.online - Sim Racing Ranked Matchmaking System for Automobilista 2 ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. GeeCrumb

GeeCrumb Unknown Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lord Razz

Lord Razz New Member

I really enjoy this system and it has caused me to play AMS2 far more than anything else. This shouldn’t be ignored but brought into ams2 as an add on. It would boost interest in the game