1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you want snow?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Racinglegend1234, Jul 16, 2023.

?
  1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mark III

Mark III New Member

;)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mansell

mansell Active Member

mark, in PC2 you drive F1 cars in snow, like max did in this video? and you want it in AMS2 too because of the better physics?
    what's the problem with PC2 F1 snow/ice physics? aren't realistic enough? LOL

Last edited: May 29, 2024
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I think the issue is PC2's overall physics being quite off

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mansell

mansell Active Member

if PC2 physics were as good as AMS2 are/will be, that means it could simulate F1 with snow chains on tires??? (like these pirelli zero tires in max RB F1 in the vids)
    driving F1 on snow, no matter the "sim", would be more arcade than super mario carts mate...

i play GTA and i like it (not for the physics). should i ask from reiza to put police cars chasing me because i want to be chased with realistic-ish physics, reiza's tire model, realistic damage and live track? :p

PS: adding snow in rally cars (i think there are some in adrenalin pack, i dont have DLCs and i never saw them even in YT TBH) would be nice.
    however, i dont know how popular are these cars and tracks in AMS2 so i dont know if its proper for reiza to spend resources for adding snow, at least not before some other features they work now will be finished.

Last edited: May 29, 2024
  5. Racinglegend1234

I don’t think you saw the point. The physics difference between PC2 and AMS2 might make him want to drive PC2 less

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mansell

mansell Active Member

;)

7. Racinglegend1234

:whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

I never understood you obsession @Racinglegend1234 :D. You are from Sweden if I recall correctly so I guess it makes sense. I did not know PC2 had snow (now I get why madness shared memory api has snow in some data types). I'll launch it the next time in the rig to give it a shot.

9. Racinglegend1234

I am indeed from Sweden

10. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

There is only user generated races in the multiplayer lobbies. That is what I am talking about. There are no organized daily races at all there. This is the broken online racing problem. So we are left with a few races that have over 10 people in them and 90% of the time it is GT3 at some overly used track. There are many other races in the lobby, but usually they are all 1-3 people only.

No leagues are not the answer for me or many others, they are at best a temp band aid for most racers time in this sim. They often tend to use easy cars and tracks to suit the average driver. I also do not want to plan my racing times. I would like have drop in organized racing like iRacing and others. I spend years doing leagues with a few sims, tired of bouncing around from one to the next and having to use 3rd party websites and the game to just go race. I can't even recall the amount of discords I have joined just to find info on the racing and then leave it quickly.

Basically that. Not sure how much online racing you have done in other sims, but you will learn this if you start racing online in other sims.

If Reiza did the minimum like Studio 397 with rF2 and LMU, then it could be a diff story with ams2 multiplayer.

11. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

Just to put it out there, I do luv driving vehicles in the snow. I am from northern US and have 44+ years driving in it and HB drifting tons of cars. At least I have ea wrc to get my snow on! ;)

• Like Like x 1