1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the AI customizes its own setup?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by jedlin12, Mar 26, 2023.

1. jedlin12

jedlin12 Member

Hello fellow racers

Recently i discovered that AI does not adjust it's AI on some tracks. While racing 1998 CART at Daytona I was over 2s faster per lap which is a tremendous difference on the track, where you just press the accelerator. Looking at onboards i realised, that the AI has default, short gearing and couldn't exceed 380 km/h, where, with right setup, breaking 400 km/h shouldn't be a problem. I also saw that on Stock Car 1999 Omegas, where I could utilise longer gears and reach greater speeds. It does not matter, what AI strength is. Does, however, AI modify it's setup on road courses? From what I remember, in PC2 AI does indeed modifies setup, when has more strength than 80.

2. Rujasu

Rujasu Member

I think AMS2 also still claims that in the menu, but I suspect even in PC2 it was developer-made custom setup files on a per car per track basis (or at least low, medium and high downforce presets) instead of any kind of artificial intelligence. Could be that those just don't exist for most cars in AMS2.

• Like Like x 1