1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DOR issue...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Simmo99x, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Iam that's why I'm saying it should be the same no matter what DOR you choose to run.

2. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Uncut.
    Assist fully off
    made just to test again and ask if settings are wrong for test. pls @Simmo99x
    long T2 is best illustration here
    (Units are mph)
    cut

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  3. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Watched it on a phone so couldn't see what the changes were exactly. What was obvious was that the first time you took turn 2 you took it much more cautiously, only hitting the throttle again when you were about halfway through the corner. In all the other test you braked, and got the throttle again during the entire corner, pushing the car out of the corner and into the fence.
    My first impression would therefore be that it was more driver error than physics error.
    Try to eliminate as much variables as possible when doing such a test.

I'm not saying that there is no error or anything, (if there is it would defines be addressed, but throttle input had a huge impact in this video.

4. Maser V6

Thanks
    Yes agree not the best vid
    1 st time this track in this car

It was as said a test for setting check .
    ie i went from edit logitec 900 360 180. with 100 in addition on steering sensitiviy (edit in game) last run. I would have felt any super grip with such variation t2 did not feel that different and this was not the first batch at this track. to make short comparrison.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Alwin Papegaaij

If you went down from 900 to 180 and even 100 I would say no amazing gain in traction indeed.
    Also turn 1 doesn't show major difference.

6. Maser V6

@Alwin Papegaaij
    wheel 900 ,360 & down to finally 180 logic panel (twitchy)....
    then for good measure in game increased to 100! sensitivity. . also (twitchy)
    I found it unaturall to also not brake btw. but thanks
    others more Qualified than me will test. regardless

7. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Issetting steering range to 540 in calibrate wheel menu enough for setting it to 540? I dont want to mess with thrustmaster app since other sims could be affected.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

There is either zero impact, as intended and as anyone should expect, or there is a bizarre effect occurring. There is no in between.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Alwin Papegaaij

Yes I agree with you, and looking to the OP video, I cannot explain why there is such a big difference, but looking at the video from @Maser V6 , I cannot see a massive difference in grip levels.
    From that last video I am not able to tell whether there is no difference in grip as there are too much variables and the differences seem to be much smaller than in the OP video.

That is what I meant with no "major difference"

10. Maser V6

In addition.
    As there is more Latency (lower is better ) in processing the data stream from a 900 degree setting as apposed to lets say 180 degrees this aspect of processing is sometimes overlooked in data systems in general.
    I reserve any judgment . this thread is on main and linked to beta. people can test and judge for themselves. Devs are aware as mentioned If problem they will fix. meantime
    Just my thoughts at this point in time. If your happy with dont change it. atm.
    If not find a setting your happy with thats realistic for the RL car.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Alwin Papegaaij

Good that the devs are aware and is there is indeed an issue I'm confident that they can find the solution.
    In the mean time I'll continue to try to master the GP retro gen 2. Such a blast on the historic tracks:)

12. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You changed to DoR, Maser, but you didn't recalibrate the wheel.

13. Mat Kane

Mat Kane Member AMS2 Club Member

Thankful to see I'm not alone in feeling this. Ever since the first build I've always felt there was 'more steering left in the rack', despite the feedback building and the perception of the tyres being at the point of slipping. I discovered bumping the sensitivity up created a slightly more natural response, in spite of what I'd assumed to be a loss of linearity. I eventually got thoroughly turned off by the sensation and I've been running 540 for months.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Bumping up the sensitivity by 10-15 does indeed provide a more natural feeling around center but does not really change much with high steering angles at my end. Similarly to the reduction of DOR it increases the feeling of a more direct steering wheel. It is sort of compensating (minimizing) for the somewhat overall softer tire walls currently in AMS2 and their "delayed" response IMHO

15. Maser V6

good question Did the op?
    In game sensitivity setting like the others ie hud ffb etc whilst in pit or on stopped on track even works without recalibration.
    Thanks but never needed to at previous post ref Bathurst same thread thats why I ref to bouncing off walls. The difference is sensitivity is obvious when driving the change was implemented.

You mean" If there is"

Super.
    Thanks
    I repeat. No more
    Enjoy the Sim.
    Last and thanks

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Where has either of those been demonstrated?

There is no issue until someone properly tests and proves it. No one is debating that on some wheels for some people the cars may feel nicer or be easier to control with changes to DOR or steering sensitivity (in the UI). Suggesting the physical (simulated) grip levels of cars change is a whole other matter.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Alwin Papegaaij

I think we are on the same page Marc ;)

Took a new look at the OP video and noticed that the scrub sounds are much more prominent in the low DoR Vids. So could be it's only a matter of tire load?

18. Alwin Papegaaij

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Maser V6

Alwin. Thanks for you answer above. I thought it was a typo! hence the question.
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/thre...eta-v1-1-0-3-now-up.14597/page-41#post-113567
    Informed ?aware?, made aware? likely aware? probably read link? lets not split hairs certainly not here.
    ok then lets settle for probably aware.
    better still.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Maser V6

Respect:) to you for your Top TT! Time.

Tried the comb. For me Not my type of car (old) or track
    Was hoping some others will check, (most beta tester and devs are flat out on other updates atm have been for days)
    I have done another test meantime, Im just checking settings.