1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EV's In Sims - Discussion

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Maser V6, Jul 17, 2022.

Tags:
  1. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Yeah, UK didn't just set a record temp, with massive fires as a result. Oh, wait..

"
    Heatwave: Fires blaze after UK passes 40C for first time"

Heatwave: Fires blaze after UK passes 40C for first time

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is this a definite shift or just a weather anomaly? Mother nature can do some weird things when she wants.

3. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

So wish that were the case:

Megadrought in Southwest US worst in a millennium

Megadrought in Southwest US worst in a millennium

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

What the sht are those houses build with to being inflamed by just 40º temperature? lol

Anyway, mate... just be optimistic. In 2004, the IPCC predictions were that by now, London would be submersed if "greenhouse gases wouldn't diminished"... but they increased, and London still above the water. And you trust these lads (that were peer-verified).

PS: Have you ever had the curiosity to check exactly where are the chosen temperature admeasurement stations that all these news are based? I will let you check by yourself, because them maybe you learn something and cease to let these crocks to kidnap your amygdala.

Abração!

5. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

:)@Jugulador
    If I added my opinion,on political/scientific /bs based science/misinformation//planet history/polar shift/migration of population due to mother nature doing her thing etc you would be supprised..

6. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Been studying climate change for over 20 years now. Every argument you put forth has been debunked many times over. We broke the planet. I hope we can fix the mess we created.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What? For someone who is constantly saying you should inform yourself, you should do the same.
    In the UK yesterday, fields caught fire due to high temps and that fire then spread into urban areas burning houses.
    All you are posting is conspiracy theory rubbish.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

I think this Twitter thread (expand and read it all) is quite simple to understand why when things look similar to previous years we're worse off.

I'm old enough to see the climate differences myself. And I'm not talking about single event of a heatwave here and there, or a winter. It's the trends that are definitely different, especially on the continent, further away from coast. And that's worrying if it's noticeable without scientists input.

Back on the topic of the EV cars - I'd like to see them in game, especially Formula E with low aero and little grip are like Formula Trainer on steroids :) And real races often resemble online lobbies, so it's quite fitting for the game :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was supposed to get into EVs in RaceRoom. I wanted to learn how to drive to get everything out of the battery because it seemed so different compared to what I'm used to.

Then I got AMS2 and kinda never went back. Maybe I should try dedicating a couple weeks' driving time to that at some point.

10. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Maybe the Reiza crew should create an EV model for racing motorheads will fall in love with. This leads to the question: what is the ideal EV race car?

11. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Something that competes in high-altitude tractor pulling, or racing on Mars :p

But on a more serious note: Rallycross, hillclimb, and ice racing is perfect for EVs.

These guys are on the right track:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That thing was incredible! I thought they fast forwarded the video during the run :D
    I think with Reiza's outstanding open wheeler physics Formula E would be a perfect fit. Could be very interesting with energy management etc. and they're not that heavy, just under 800kg

14. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

jokes aside, i really enjoy the whole electric car stuff. test drove some IRL and am quite impressed. only reason why i dont have one myself is the price and the distance they can go (even tho this isnt that much of a problem for me)

i did try the EVs in r3e, they are fun, but the noise they make is really annoying.
    id imagine if we get dedicated tracks for EVs, like in the formula E that could be interesting.
    i will be listening to music while driving those tho :D

maybe we could even add something like fanboost and the car swapping

15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I haven't heard of fields catching fire just from heat before and I live in one of the hottest barren countries in the world.

16. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

It was likely caused by another factor (BBQ, cigarette butt, empty glass bottle in the sun etc) but was helped with a dried up grass on those fields, during the heat. So without the excessive heat those fires wouldn't spread so quickly or some probably wouldn't even start...

Assuming it was just clumsy wording on @kkdrummer's side, not some self-igniting grass :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Jugulador

This is my last post on climate change because I don't see the point of debate over this low level of thesis defense (the two first quoted posts here):

Indoctrination and reading of propaganda is not studying. I asked for a scientific study and received a NASA/IPCC propaganda.

But, ok... you did your best:)

Have you checked the sources as I suggested?

But, ok... you to did your best:)

They don't. What really maters is humidity (atmospheric and precipitation remains) and an ignite agent, that can be a lightning or human direct activity (intentional or not, don't matter).

The "temperature/fire" correlation is just mediatic as you have great fires in practically every circumstance. BTW, one of the largest fires in London occurred in 1666, that was in a pre industrial era AND during a well known climate minimum (that is other subject that people should study before talk about climate changes).

18. Jugulador

This car is impressive... it broke the Goodwill's record of a fkng F1 (the MP4/13 - 1998 that made the record in 1999) car by almost 2s (0:41.60 to 0:39.08). That is too much in a track that short.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  19. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you're the one that's been indoctrinated, and of course the The Great Fire had nothing to do with climate change so it's not clear why you'd bring that up.
    I love the condescending tone of people who believe in conspiracy myths. :D

Btw, I did a quick reverse image search and those photos seem to be in context of child labour in a gold mine in Africa and the other seems to be a photo of a Chinese mine, probably for some material you have in your phone ;) So there's another question mark, I guess. Looks like propaganda to me, mate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Would be awesome to have it in AMS2. Gives a whole new meaning to a sprintrace.
    First to corner three wins :D

• Funny Funny x 2