1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fanatic CSL elite, Game not taking wheel or pedal input

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Duanedibly, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Duanedibly

Duanedibly New Member

Will take button/shifter input but no pedal or wheel input. funnily enough i have the exact same issue with PC2 but never resolved it. Works fine with iracing and ACC and AC.

Any help would be awesome

2. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

I have the csl elite PS4 version and I found PC2 and AMS2 the easiest to set up with. It automatically recognises the wheel base and pedals and then you edit the assignments.
    Have you calibrated the wheel and pedals within AMS2 and PC2? Via the options and set up page within each game?
    Also another handy hint for you - if you have the fanatec shifter, AMS2 and PC2 won’t recognise it. You can open fanatec driver properties and bind the shifter to the paddles.
    Make sure the wheel base is in red light mode, calibrate wheel and pedals within each game and you are good to go.
    Also make sure your fanatec drivers are up to date too. Some people had issues with the universal hub, but as soon as they updated the drivers for the fanatec hub it worked for them. I updated my drivers two weeks before AMS2 was released in EA and I’ve had zero problems with both AMS2 and PC2.
    Hope this helps

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Cheekymunkey78

Cheekymunkey78 New Member

I have had similar with mine, CSL Elite v1.1, see if this works.

In controls go to the edit assignments option first and select your inputs for each one (steering, throttle, brake, clutch - if you have one and gears)
    then go to control scheme - calibrate wheel, calibrate pedals.
    Then try.

If this does not work then try this (which is what I had to do):
    Delete your Automobilista2 files in "My Documents" - back them up first
    Load the game
    In controls go to the edit assignments option first and select your inputs for each one (steering, throttle, brake, clutch - if you have one and gears)
    then go to control scheme - calibrate wheel, calibrate pedals.
    Then try.

If it does not work, quite the game, delete the files in "My Documents" and try again.

when the game went to v0.8.2.0 I had to do this 3 times before my gears would work.

Hope this helps

Cheeky x.

4. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

Some else to check which helped out another Fanatec user on the Steam forums:

"Right click on the game in steam library and choose properties. "Steam Input Per-Game Setting" change 'Use your Global Steam Input settings to "Force Off"."

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Duanedibly

Duanedibly New Member

If you mean to map the steering to an axis of the wheel etc, it simply isnt taking any wheel input. someone mentioned perhaps unplug the pedals then try but i dont understand why it works perfectly with some games but not this and PC2

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

Did you try the suggestion above your post?

7. Duanedibly

Duanedibly New Member

your post? yes. didnt change anything for me

8. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

When you go into the Controller section of AMS, does it automatically detect the wheel (i.e. does it have a Fanatec wheel profile already selected)?

9. Duanedibly

Duanedibly New Member

Yes it has the wheel selected, it just wont accept any inputs from the wheel (turning shifting even pedal use)

It just is not accepting inputs from the wheel at all