1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feature and what to look out for

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by paddler, Dec 16, 2021.

1. paddler

paddler Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I do hope, I will not come across as stupid but this has bothered me a while now. What exactly are the features that are built into the sim regarding driving the car and about which of these do I have to be careful either when hot lapping or in a race? I mean in the sense of tires (heat, pressure ...), road (rubber, sand, temps etc), and others. Sometime I feel overwhelmed and don't really know what I have to look out for (is this simulated or not?) or why my car suddenly has lower lap times etc. Maybe its already explained somewhere in here, but I could not find this information. Just some rough information not in all detail. Merci!

2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Bonjour "TinTin",

First, turn on the HUD to display tire temperature, pressure and brake temperatures to understand what is happening with the car.

Keep an eye on the tire temperature at first, let them warm up (go green) for 2-3 lap before you can push the speed.

If the certain tires heat up more than others, you might need to change the pressure, or the camber.
    If your brakes are too cold or too hot, adjust the brake vents.

There are a ton of web pages and youtube videos that teaches how to manage setups, and what to pay attention to while you drive.

A la prochaine et bonne chance

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. paddler

paddler Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Merci VFX Pro!
    I am also interested in other features. When tires are too hot it get slippery? Is there sand beside the ideal line?

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yup for both. Also places, where cars have left the track and rejoined can throw dirt on the track. Hot tires will drop in performance and can get slippery.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. VFX Pro

I'm not 100% certain if they lose grip when their hot, but they will surely degrade faster, which will lead to losing grip rapidly.

6. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

Keep an eye on your front versus rear tire temps. As the delta reaches 10 degrees C or more, it will be more prone to snap oversteer.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. VFX Pro

As a general rule, make your tyres heat up and wear evenly so your car remains stable... if you have track with, let's say, lots of hard right turns, the left tyres might tend to get too hot... change your pressure. Check for IMO (inside, middle, outside). Like I said, a little Googling will get you up to speed rapidly.

8. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe a chief engineer would be a good addition, he would say what needs to be done to the car and even do it for you at a pit stop, the driver have to drive and keep the car in control, i dont think he has to do all the setup by himself. So yes that would help a lot surely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. VFX Pro

Despite all the issues with Project Cars 2 (sound, FFB), it has the best Chief Engineer concept/Wizard. You were able to tell your problem, and he would suggest things to change. Loved it!!

• Agree Agree x 3