Featured Threads Archive
We´re finally back to offer some fresh Reiza info for you.. I know some of you have been earning for it for a while now
Firstly I´d like to assure that the relative lack of news do not mean things haven´t been going on in the background, but some news are indeed overdue and this feels like a good time to offer a round-up of where we stand on various topics - here goes!
Reiza Next Title (aka Reiza 201X or the AMS Sequel)
This is understandably the biggest source of antecipation so let´s start with that - I´ll try share as much as I can
For those of you who may not be aware, some background info: we first announced plans to develop a fully new title after licensing the ISIMotor2 Engine back in 2015 as part of the SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign to fund further development to Stock Car Extreme (eventually turned into Automobilista), as a way to give...
Celebrating Brazilian Stock Car "Race of the Million" taking place at Goiania this Sunday August 5th, Automobilista is currently free to play on Steam until sunday evening.
For those who still don´t know AMS, this is a chance to check out one of the highest rated racing simulators on the market free of charge!
Furthermore, Automobilista is currently on sale with 25% off and the Season Pass for all DLCs is 50% off, so if you enjoy AMS you may purchase everything with a special discount to continue playing after the free trial period elapses.
Check out this special offer on Steam: Save 25% on Automobilista on Steam
Automobilista v1.5.1 is now out - includes a new Drift Series & Game mode, F-Ultimate 2018 series, an updated Interlagos, a comprehensive AI revision, snowed in Buskerud Ice track and a whole set of further updates and fixes.
V1.5.1 is the conclusion of developments that hadn´t been quite wrapped up in time for v1.5 release, along with some bug fixing and general maintenance. Save for some essential bug fixing for an eventual hotfix (and the final DLC, still TBA), this update should conclude Automobilista development. Hopefully it´s been made worth the extra waiting time!
Below is the changelog for v1.5.01 -> V1.5.10:
- Added Drift Series & Drift game mode
- Added F-Ultimate 2018 series
- Added Super F-Dirt series
- Added Buskerud Ice, Mendig Drift, Foz Tarmac track layouts
- Fixed a CTD at track load if no sound card was found
- Increased and added ability...
How it Works - Overview
Race Rank works by submitting results from Qualifying and Race sessions on official Reiza Servers. In Qualifying points are awarded for the top 20 qualifiers who set a time with in 107% of pole position. Race points are awarded for upto the top 20 finishers, as well as leading a lap, fastest lap and places gained. The maximum points possible is achieved by coming first, pole and fastest lap. There is no other combination that scores higher. A qualifying session counts for 1/6th of a race.
This base score is then scaled depending on the quality of the opponents on the server, the race length and the number of opponents, this then gives you a base score from this event. This means it’s hugely beneficial for you to take part on servers of around 20 drivers.
Event scores are scaled by how long ago they occurred and all your past scores are averaged based on the maximum score possible for that event. This...
Automobilista v1.5.0 is now out - includes new official multiplayer ranking system, a beautiful new kart track, new realism features and more !
V1.5 is the culmination of years of simulation development, and the definitive version of Automobilista.
To celebrate AMS v1.5 release, the Automobilista Holiday Bundle is currently and for a limited time now on
Save 74% on Automobilista Special Holiday Bundle on Steam
The Automobilista "Season Pass" including all DLCs is also available now at a discount price: Save 50% on Automobilista - Season Pass for all DLCs on Steam
Introducing Race Rank: Race Rank is the first step in an online ranking system for Automobilista. The scope of it’s release for Automobilista is to rate players as they race online and produce a...
Here we are then for the final dev update of the year, just in time for what is to be the final major update to Automobilista.
We´ll begin with the not so-great news - those of you who have been following these dev updates will be aware we still have one final car pack DLC to announce. Our plan had been to deliver a holiday surprise but unfortunately we haven´t quite managed to put everything together in time, so this is going to be our early 2018 treat instead. In the meantime we´ll have to keep the suspense on for a little longer...
While we´ve missed out on delivering that particular Christmas present, we do have a lot of exciting stuff packed in and almost ready to go in what is to be the last major AMS update - one which we hope will keep you warm over the holiday season Here are some of the highlights of what´s coming up with V1.5 and beyond:
Official Multiplayer Ranking System
Automobilista v1.4.9 is now out - includes new Metalmoro AJR Prototype, a new turbo model, revamped native HUD system, updated Spielberg track & more!
Below is the Changelog for v1.4.81 -> v1.4.9:
- Added Metalmoro AJR Prototype series
- Added turbo model (used by cars in F-Classic, Lancer Cup, Mini, Metalmoro MR18 & AJR, F-Truck series)
- Season Tool: Added calendar generation support; added additional track filters for series/type/venue/no of ai supported; added randomize action to selected calendar
- Fixed a bug that would cause timing issues on first lap of rolling start
- Added skip race button to championships events where a DLC track is not owned
- Prevented pit fixtures from loading whilst a player is on track online (should reduce stutter when a new player joins)
- Removed race percentage as a race length type option, added a Distance option
- Added protection so that FFB isn´t...
We have a lot of new good stuff to show you this month The next v1.4.9 update is going to be packed with several valuable developments and new content so that´s what we´ll be covering in this month´s dev update.
New native HUD / TV overlay system
For v1.4.9 @Alex Sawczuk has undertaken a complete revamp of the native HUD system to feature a lot of the valuable information seen in DynHUD & other 3rd party systems along with a brand new TV overlay system, which the added bonus of being fully fed & rendered in-game and neatly arranged into a single overall design.
This should hopefully reduce the needs for DynHUD & other external HUDs (though these will remain as functional alternatives for those who may prefer them).
Below a couple of WIP previews of these new fully native systems:
The new native HUD won´t feature a trackmap in its initial v1.4.9 version but...
Automobilista v1.4.8 is released - includes new DLC release as Brazilian Touring Car Classics are now available!
Below is the Changelog for v1.4.76 -> v1.4.8:
- Added Brazilian Touring Car Classic series: Copa Classic, Copa Fusca, Copa Uno & Hot Cars (requires ownership of DLC or Season Pass)
UPDATES & FIXES
- Fixed DynHUD on Win10 & re-enabled it by default as a config option
- Fixed bug that could cause game to crash loading old setups with notes
- Added support to latest Fanatec SDK
- AI blue flag logic improved: AI cars now move offline to let leaders by, lift proportionally to the amount of throttle they should be doing,and to the speed difference relative to the car approaching
- Increased rate AI assesses situations by 4x which should result in more appropriate behavior in several racing situations and less off-track excursions
- Tweaked AI calculations when thinking...
Hello everyone! We´ve got another update for you, this time sharing some news about the upcoming V1.4.8 release, and some of what´s coming up next as we approach v1.5.0 and the definitive version of Automobilista.
A combination of things taking a bit longer than expected, some unforeseen issues demanding attention along with valuable improvements that we´ve found to be within reach have led to AMS development stretching a bit further still. All for the better though as it means AMS should end up in even better shape!
The next update is v1.4.8 and is going to bring some valuable improvements along with a new DLC:
New DLC - Brazilian Touring Car Classics
The next DLC will bring several "oldies" to AMS - the TC Classics are some of the cars that have made history in brazilian tourinc cars through the decades.
The DLC will include 4 models (Fusca, Gol, Passat, Uno), spread over 4 unique series:
Copa Classic - a...
Automobilista has been updated to v1.4.76 - this update intends to address crash issues that have come up, following in particular a recent Windows 10 update. The update also brings several other valuable updates & fixes to the sim.
IMPORTANT: Please note that in this update DynHUD has been disabled by default while some reliability issues are worked out - if however you were not experiencing crashes or any DynHUD-related problems you may enable it back on by unticking the option to disable it in AMS Config.
For Nvidia Users: We have introduced advanced AntiAliasing settings in the Config application, your settings should be auto upgraded, but feel free to take a look and adjust as you please.
Below is the Changelog for v1.4.72 -> v1.4.76:
- Added Config app option to disable DynHUD, disabled by default while some reliability issues are worked on (if you experienced no problems you may re-enable DynHUD by unticking the option in AMS Config)
- Added support for...
Below is the Changelog for v1.4.54 -> v1.4.7:
- Added Ibarra track (two layouts: normal & reverse)
FEATURES & FIXES
- Added surround sound support (please run AMS Config to set up your audio output properly)
- Multiplayer lobby improvements: General UI Tweaks; Pinned Reiza Servers; Improved Server Sorting; Added Series to Lobby; Added Bookmarks to list and ability to add / remove bookmarks; Fixed Beta in game Lobby; Added classification to server details; Fixed General Steam plugin issues, including reporting of Series, Players vs AI count and more
- Added Upper Deadzone for Axis Settings
- Fixed loading of FFB levels when game was set to 360hz, and the loaded level had 180hz
- Updated Xbox One and 360 controller presets to XInput. Fixed clutch assignment on G25 Preset
- Added XInput support (no FFB yet but will be added in the next release)
- Improved info when creating a new profile...
Greetings everyone! We´re back with another Automobilista Development update. After skipping june, there is a lot of good news to share this month
To begin with we´ll be sharing a little more detail about the main features from the recently released v1.4.5, before moving on to the exciting new things due to come up next!
Stock Car Brasil 2017
AMS V1.4.5 has seen the long-anticipated addition of the new 2017 Stock Car Brasil season, featuring the new Chevrolet Cruze bodywork, along with all 30 drivers & liveries from the current season. The Curvelo race track (aka Circuito dos Cristais) which debuted in the series last year has also been added - both the longer layout raced in 2016 as well as the shorter version raced for the very first time just a week ago.
The new update also features revamped Push-to-Pass rules & functionality. Push-to-pass plays a big part in the dynamics of a real Stock Car race, so it was...
Automobilista v1.4.5 is released - includes new free content as the Stock Car 2017 season & Curvelo race track are now included!
Below is the Changelog for v1.4.32 -> v1.4.5:
- Added Curvelo circuit ("A" & "B" layouts)
- Added Stock Car Brasil 2017 series
UPDATES & FIXES
- Revised AI overtaking risk calculations - AI now constantly looks for a way past a slower car ahead (no longer backs off overtakes) *
- Revised & Expanded Push-to-Pass functionality, simulating Stock Car 2017 season (including windshield lights indicating activation / availability)
- AI now also uses P2P to overtake / defend from opponents
- Added new car-specific AI risk calculation parameters for overtaking - AI now factors corner radius ahead to decide whether to try switch lines to overtake
- Added new AI function to prevent AI car from trying to rejoin the track after a spin until there is no...
Automobilista v1.4.3 is out now - here´s the changelog:
- Added Hockenheim RX layout (not compatible with DynHUD at the moment)
- Integrated initial batch of Steam Achievements (more info & related discussions here)
- Season Tool: Improved handling of errors related to reading of series/track images; All series vehicle filters are now added to seasons (these can be further limited/customised when starting the season in game)
- Radio Spotter: Audio files now cached in memory to try prevent stutters loading the files during gameplay on some systems
- Expanded track GDB tire compound parameters to set different compound restrictions for different series, and define which of the allowed compounds AI qualifies & start race on *
- Added AIRaceCompoundSwitch parameter to series files - if set to 1 AI is forced to switch to the next tire compound allowed in a tire stop (if set...
Hello everyone! We´re back for another Automobilista Development Update - not many of these to go now!
As you may have noticed, we missed out on publishing a dev update last month - apologies for that, hopefully the v1.4 changelog will be convincing enough evidence we weren´t just slacking off
It´s actually getting a bit tricky to share many details about what we´re doing in these final stages of AMS development as we´re getting more into exploring new grounds and doing some experimenting without knowing for sure what will pan out and how soon - that naturally makes it harder to provide much of a foresight without feeding expectations that may not be realistic on the short term.
With that in mind this month´s update is mostly retrospective on the work done for v1.4, while still providing some glimpses as to what comes next!
Following popular demand, v1.4 has seen a lot of development time dedicated towards improving the AI - we...
Automobilista v1.40 is released, along with a new DLC: Hockenheimring is also available for purchase here.
If you are interested in other current & upcoming Automobilista DLCs however it is strongly recommended you check the AMS "Season Pass" for all upcoming DLCs (for those that already have the base game) and the bundle of AMS Base + Season Pass (which includes the base game).
Below is the Changelog for v1.3.7 -> v1.4.0:
- Added Hockenheimring (1977, 1988, 2001 and 2016, along with extra modern layouts - the Rallycross layout will be added shortly) (AVAILABLE ONLY FOR HOCKENHEIM OR SEASON PASS OWNERS)
- Added F-Ultimate series
- Added Custom Season Tool (available as a...
Now it´s for real - Automobilista Time Trial Challenge starts next week. This is your chance to win an official Stock Car Racing Seat from Cockpit Extreme Racing!
Over the next 12 weeks starting April 17th up until July 9th a new round will start featuring an unique car / track combo. Contestants should select that combo in Time Trial mode at any point during the week to register a time, which will be ranked against the best from the other participants. Current standings will be available both from the in-game timing screen as well as from the VX portal TTotW page. Each round will only be announced on the Friday preceding it.
Scoring will be calculated by both participation and results - every contestant gets 100 points for participating in...
Hello everyone - as another month wraps, it´s time for our regular Development Update with all the latest news on AMS development. Here ´s what we´ve got to share with you from this past month
Just yesterday we´ve deployed our latest v1.3.5 update, packing several fixes and general improvements to the sim.
On the graphics front, @Alex Sawczuk has developed a series of all new SweetFX profiles, including a new default setting - these can be previewed and set from AMS Config. These new profiles have been overhauled and use a much better tone mapping layout, a nice improvement over the previous offerings.
We have two categories of profiles. The 'A*' category offers a progression in terms of amount of saturation, the digit in the identifier indicates how much saturation there is. Vivid profiles have roughly same lighting as none vivid profiles. but with extra contrast in them. There is then a 'B*' category. These offer...
Automobilista v1.3.5 is now out!
Here is the main changelog:
- Added feature to automatically export setups from player´s fastest lap in Time Trial Mode - other users can then fetch this setup by clicking the time on the timing stands and clicking the button to download it
- Refactored SweetFX profiles & split them into categories, including new default
- Fixed Config tool bug that would allow native anti-aliasing setting to remain on even when SweetFX is enabled (user should set AA via graphics card control panel when a SFX preset enabled)
- Added function to automatically disable mid-race full course yellow in tracks that don´t have a Safety Car (such as historical tracks)
- Fixed bug that would limit opponents to a single car in championship mode irrespective of the actual setting if "randomize" function was on
- Added UI tooltip to all screens (WIP, not all options have tips and it´s not localized)
- Added UI option to switch off big screen movies (may help some...
Page 1 of 2