Featured Threads Archive
We´re finally back to offer some fresh Reiza info for you.. I know some of you have been earning for it for a while now
Firstly I´d like to assure that the relative lack of news do not mean things haven´t been going on in the background, but some news are indeed overdue and this feels like a good time to offer a round-up of where we stand on various topics - here goes!
Reiza Next Title (aka Reiza 201X or the AMS Sequel)
This is understandably the biggest source of antecipation so let´s start with that - I´ll try share as much as I can
For those of you who may not be aware, some background info: we first announced plans to develop a fully new title after licensing the ISIMotor2 Engine back in 2015 as part of the SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign to fund further development to Stock Car Extreme (eventually turned into Automobilista), as a way to give...
We have a lot of new good stuff to show you this month The next v1.4.9 update is going to be packed with several valuable developments and new content so that´s what we´ll be covering in this month´s dev update.
New native HUD / TV overlay system
For v1.4.9 @Alex Sawczuk has undertaken a complete revamp of the native HUD system to feature a lot of the valuable information seen in DynHUD & other 3rd party systems along with a brand new TV overlay system, which the added bonus of being fully fed & rendered in-game and neatly arranged into a single overall design.
This should hopefully reduce the needs for DynHUD & other external HUDs (though these will remain as functional alternatives for those who may prefer them).
Below a couple of WIP previews of these new fully native systems:
The new native HUD won´t feature a trackmap in its initial v1.4.9 version but...
Hello everyone! We´ve got another update for you, this time sharing some news about the upcoming V1.4.8 release, and some of what´s coming up next as we approach v1.5.0 and the definitive version of Automobilista.
A combination of things taking a bit longer than expected, some unforeseen issues demanding attention along with valuable improvements that we´ve found to be within reach have led to AMS development stretching a bit further still. All for the better though as it means AMS should end up in even better shape!
The next update is v1.4.8 and is going to bring some valuable improvements along with a new DLC:
New DLC - Brazilian Touring Car Classics
The next DLC will bring several "oldies" to AMS - the TC Classics are some of the cars that have made history in brazilian tourinc cars through the decades.
The DLC will include 4 models (Fusca, Gol, Passat, Uno), spread over 4 unique series:
Copa Classic - a...
This month´s dev update is coming out a bit late - we have indeed been running a bit later than planned, and as a result v1.0 release isn´t quite behind us yet as we´d hoped for in our June Development update.
The good news is that the extra time has been put to good use, as even though a couple features have demanded a bit more time than we had anticipated, we have also used it to throw in some extra goodies into the v1.0 mix. Overall we have made some great progress again this month as you´ll hopefully notice as you read through this update, bringing us very close to v1.0 release and also to what´s coming beyond
Here are the main highlights from this past month:
A couple of weeks back we released AMS EA v0.9.8, which introduced some very nice...
Bit of a last minute update to round up this month of August, which as you can imagine has been a particularly busy one with the release of AMS v1.0. It´s still proving busy in fact as along with usual post-release duties we´ve been working since then on addressing some issues for a hotfix due to be released tomorrow (Sept 2nd). For this reason I´d like to apologise in advance for keeping this update a bit shorter than previous entries. The upside hopefully should be a meatier entry next month
While AMS v1.0 bringing us out of Early Access has been an important milestone, AMS development is far from over. Here are some of the things we can share about what the next few months hold for it:
Since release last week we´ve identified a few teething issues which we have been since dutifully pursuing - one always tries to be ahead of these but unfortunately a full release is always a bit of a leap into the unknown as we go...
Hello everyone! Here´s our round-up of AMS development over the last month and what´s coming up for this month of november.
It´s been a busy 18 months!
To begin with a little retrospective of the past 18 months from the car & track guys - this will probably sound like we´re tooting our own horn a bit but mainly it´s a small tribute to a team who have been working exceptionally hard and really shifted up a gear in this last year and a half.
The image below shows all new cars and tracks released since may 2015, from the end of Stock Car Extreme into the release of AMS, and finally moving into AMS DLCs:
A total of 13 new venues along with 20 car models for 14 series have been released over a period of 18 months. That in itself is notable, even more so if you consider that in the same timespan all old content was updated to keep up with newer standards and include all latest features - a total of 27 series and 38 tracks...
Hello everyone! We´re back for another Automobilista Development Update - not many of these to go now!
As you may have noticed, we missed out on publishing a dev update last month - apologies for that, hopefully the v1.4 changelog will be convincing enough evidence we weren´t just slacking off
It´s actually getting a bit tricky to share many details about what we´re doing in these final stages of AMS development as we´re getting more into exploring new grounds and doing some experimenting without knowing for sure what will pan out and how soon - that naturally makes it harder to provide much of a foresight without feeding expectations that may not be realistic on the short term.
With that in mind this month´s update is mostly retrospective on the work done for v1.4, while still providing some glimpses as to what comes next!
Following popular demand, v1.4 has seen a lot of development time dedicated towards improving the AI - we...
Here we are then for the final dev update of the year, just in time for what is to be the final major update to Automobilista.
We´ll begin with the not so-great news - those of you who have been following these dev updates will be aware we still have one final car pack DLC to announce. Our plan had been to deliver a holiday surprise but unfortunately we haven´t quite managed to put everything together in time, so this is going to be our early 2018 treat instead. In the meantime we´ll have to keep the suspense on for a little longer...
While we´ve missed out on delivering that particular Christmas present, we do have a lot of exciting stuff packed in and almost ready to go in what is to be the last major AMS update - one which we hope will keep you warm over the holiday season Here are some of the highlights of what´s coming up with V1.5 and beyond:
Official Multiplayer Ranking System
Automobilista v1.5.13 is now out - includes Goiania External Ring & updated Imola!
V1.5.13 features a bunch minor fixes and updates that have been compiled since the last release, in preparation for the release of new cars in the coming weeks.
Below is the changelog for v1.5.11 -> V1.5.13:
- Fixed UI bug that could allow reset tire sets / track progression / tire wear / fuel wear mid session
- Fixed AI not going out of garage when tire sets UI option is set to "Default"
- Corrected conflicting IDs in Drift tracks
- Made windowed mode default to borderless
- Added various fixes to drift score calculation
- Added multiple race setting to Dedi Toll
- "Look for XInput devices" is now defaulted to off to avoid long loading times (will reset for all users to default)
- Fixed bug where running multiplayer in spectator mode would cause single player to default to TV trackside camera
- Further tweaks to default settings in dedicated server (Max Data Client minimum...
Hello everyone - as another month wraps, it´s time for our regular Development Update with all the latest news on AMS development. Here ´s what we´ve got to share with you from this past month
Just yesterday we´ve deployed our latest v1.3.5 update, packing several fixes and general improvements to the sim.
On the graphics front, @Alex Sawczuk has developed a series of all new SweetFX profiles, including a new default setting - these can be previewed and set from AMS Config. These new profiles have been overhauled and use a much better tone mapping layout, a nice improvement over the previous offerings.
We have two categories of profiles. The 'A*' category offers a progression in terms of amount of saturation, the digit in the identifier indicates how much saturation there is. Vivid profiles have roughly same lighting as none vivid profiles. but with extra contrast in them. There is then a 'B*' category. These offer...
Hello everyone - happy to be back with our first Development Update of 2017!
We hope you all had a good time over the holidays - on our side I´m happy to say the whole team enjoyed some much needed rest over the holiday season, but we have been hard at work and firing on all cylinder again since early january. As usual it´s my pleasure to share with you some of the results, info and previews of the work we´ve been doing since then.
Automobilista going up to v1.5
We´re approaching the final stretch of Automobilista development, with only a few more months now planned until AMS reaches its definitive state, at which point we´ll switch focus 100% to the future.
The pace of development however is not slowing down - quite the contrary in fact. There are a number of nice improvements, big and small which we´ve been laying down the foundation for and will be pushing to deliver over these remaining months. Such is the extent of these developments, that the...
Greetings folks Here´s our customary review of the work done in Automobilista development over the past month. We´ve been hard at it, both in the development of v1.1 update as well as production of the Brit Pack, both of which are expected for release at some point next week.
The major new feature for AMS v1.1 is the inclusion of Radio Spotter as developed by @gongo . This had been a very popular addition to the sim and now with native integration Dan has been able to take it a step further with more info and better accuracy from your race engineer.
Dan has also been doing some work to improve integration with the new Logitech drivers - v1.1 should hopefully see some proper support for their latest G29 / G920 wheels.
On the graphics front, @Alex Sawczuk and @Sandro Kholodkevich have done some great work on new car shaders and materials. Below is a shot of the flashy Ultima GTR...
Automobilista v1.15 is now released! With it our second DLC for AMS, as IMOLA is now also available for purchase here.
If you are interested in the other upcoming Automobilista DLCs however it is strongly recommended you check the AMS "Season Pass" for all upcoming DLCs (for those that already have the base game) and the bundle of AMS Base + Season Pass (including the base game).
Below is the Changelog for v1.15:
Cars (AVAILABLE ONLY FOR BRIT PACK AND / OR SEASON PASS OWNERS):
- Added Ultima GTR Standard Road Series (less powerful than the original 720 model)
- Added 4 versions of...
Greetings everyone! We´re back with another Automobilista Development update. After skipping june, there is a lot of good news to share this month
To begin with we´ll be sharing a little more detail about the main features from the recently released v1.4.5, before moving on to the exciting new things due to come up next!
Stock Car Brasil 2017
AMS V1.4.5 has seen the long-anticipated addition of the new 2017 Stock Car Brasil season, featuring the new Chevrolet Cruze bodywork, along with all 30 drivers & liveries from the current season. The Curvelo race track (aka Circuito dos Cristais) which debuted in the series last year has also been added - both the longer layout raced in 2016 as well as the shorter version raced for the very first time just a week ago.
The new update also features revamped Push-to-Pass rules & functionality. Push-to-pass plays a big part in the dynamics of a real Stock Car race, so it was...
This is it then - our final dev update of 2016! We promised it was going to be a good one, so hopefully it lives up to that promise
It has been a long, hard but very fulfilling year for everyone at Reiza - we´ve brought out Automobilista in march and have been working very hard since to keep it growing and evolving throughout. We´re happy to say we´ve reached our main goals, though work is still to continue hard into the initial months of 2017 to fulfill its potential as we envisage it, before we finally wrap it up to shift focus to the longer term.
The next milestone for AMS is still to come before the year ends, as v1.20 and Formula Truck are still to be released at some point next week!
Here´s the summary then of the stuff we´ve been working on.
V1.20 highlights & Formula Truck DLC
We have nice developments coming for v1.20 - you can read through it on the changelog attached for the latest Beta updates since v1.1.6 release.
For the cars, one...
Automobilista v1.3.5 is now out!
Here is the main changelog:
- Added feature to automatically export setups from player´s fastest lap in Time Trial Mode - other users can then fetch this setup by clicking the time on the timing stands and clicking the button to download it
- Refactored SweetFX profiles & split them into categories, including new default
- Fixed Config tool bug that would allow native anti-aliasing setting to remain on even when SweetFX is enabled (user should set AA via graphics card control panel when a SFX preset enabled)
- Added function to automatically disable mid-race full course yellow in tracks that don´t have a Safety Car (such as historical tracks)
- Fixed bug that would limit opponents to a single car in championship mode irrespective of the actual setting if "randomize" function was on
- Added UI tooltip to all screens (WIP, not all options have tips and it´s not localized)
- Added UI option to switch off big screen movies (may help some...
Automobilista v1.5.1 is now out - includes a new Drift Series & Game mode, F-Ultimate 2018 series, an updated Interlagos, a comprehensive AI revision, snowed in Buskerud Ice track and a whole set of further updates and fixes.
V1.5.1 is the conclusion of developments that hadn´t been quite wrapped up in time for v1.5 release, along with some bug fixing and general maintenance. Save for some essential bug fixing for an eventual hotfix (and the final DLC, still TBA), this update should conclude Automobilista development. Hopefully it´s been made worth the extra waiting time!
Below is the changelog for v1.5.01 -> V1.5.10:
- Added Drift Series & Drift game mode
- Added F-Ultimate 2018 series
- Added Super F-Dirt series
- Added Buskerud Ice, Mendig Drift, Foz Tarmac track layouts
- Fixed a CTD at track load if no sound card was found
- Increased and added ability...
Below is the Changelog for v1.4.54 -> v1.4.7:
- Added Ibarra track (two layouts: normal & reverse)
FEATURES & FIXES
- Added surround sound support (please run AMS Config to set up your audio output properly)
- Multiplayer lobby improvements: General UI Tweaks; Pinned Reiza Servers; Improved Server Sorting; Added Series to Lobby; Added Bookmarks to list and ability to add / remove bookmarks; Fixed Beta in game Lobby; Added classification to server details; Fixed General Steam plugin issues, including reporting of Series, Players vs AI count and more
- Added Upper Deadzone for Axis Settings
- Fixed loading of FFB levels when game was set to 360hz, and the loaded level had 180hz
- Updated Xbox One and 360 controller presets to XInput. Fixed clutch assignment on G25 Preset
- Added XInput support (no FFB yet but will be added in the next release)
- Improved info when creating a new profile...
A new Early Access build of Automobilista has been released - v0.9.8 is now out.
This is the main changelog:
- Added Speedland Kart track venue (4 layouts)
Features & Fixes:
- Enhanced pneumatic trail by adding new PneumaticTrailGripFractPower (PTGFP) function, for much improved self-aligning torque (should make tire forces more perceivable through FFB)
- Tweaked FFB output code & added "FFB Low Force Boost" to Controller UI (this should help wheel "lightness" under low steering forces with lower end FFB controllers)
- Added new low speed FFB fuction to eliminate vibration / oscillation at very slow speeds
- Revised default Realfeel settings and pneumatic trail values to match to new FFB functions
- Added AIWs to Time Trial anticheat verification (this will lead to failed authentication in case of AIW edits)
- Added function to sort cars of different performances within the same series for the TT...
Automobilista has been updated to v1.4.76 - this update intends to address crash issues that have come up, following in particular a recent Windows 10 update. The update also brings several other valuable updates & fixes to the sim.
IMPORTANT: Please note that in this update DynHUD has been disabled by default while some reliability issues are worked out - if however you were not experiencing crashes or any DynHUD-related problems you may enable it back on by unticking the option to disable it in AMS Config.
For Nvidia Users: We have introduced advanced AntiAliasing settings in the Config application, your settings should be auto upgraded, but feel free to take a look and adjust as you please.
Below is the Changelog for v1.4.72 -> v1.4.76:
- Added Config app option to disable DynHUD, disabled by default while some reliability issues are worked on (if you experienced no problems you may re-enable DynHUD by unticking the option in AMS Config)
- Added support for...
Page 1 of 2