Featured Threads Archive
Automobilista 2 V1.4.1 has finally arrived - the new update packs a mega list of game-changing improvements, new features, cars and a great surprise - the 2022 reform of Spa-Francorchamps as a free addition to the existing Spa-Francorchamps DLC!
The official release of Racin´ USA Pt3 has been delayed while we work out some new items for the pack, but you won´t have to wait longer to do some oval racing - the two ovals already confirmed as part of Racin´ USA Pt3 along with all oval variants of F-USA Gen1-3 from Pt2 as well as Daytona from Pt1 will all be available with V1.4 tomorrow, the Pt 3 content as a free trial for all owners of the base game until they become part of the official Racin´ USA Pt3 release!
Introducing Advanced Mechanical Damage Modeling: AMDM is currently featuring with most open wheelers, GTs and faster prototypes. To make use of it, make sure to enable MECHANICAL FAILURES in GAMEPLAY UI. Try a race any of the historic open...
Automobilista 2 V220.127.116.11 is now live along with the release of Racin´ USA Part 2, featuring 1990s american open wheelers from Reynard, Lola & Swift as well as the Cleveland Burke Lakefront Road Course & Watkins Glen International - Road America to be added to the pack early on 2022 with further machines from that same era!
V18.104.22.168 -> V22.214.171.124 CHANGELOG
- Added Cleveland Burke Lakefront airport circuit (part of the Racin´ USA Pt2 DLC pack)
- Added Watkins Glen International (4 layouts) (part of the Racin´ USA Pt2 DLC pack)
- Added Reynard 98i, Swift 009C, Lola T98 to Formula USA Gen2 class (part of the Racin´ USA Pt2 DLC pack)
- Optimized FFB/custom script performance
- Further revisions to shadow cascading parameters
- Revised AI suspension rates to minimise some cars appearing to "jitter" in online...
Automobilista 2 V1.2 is finally here, and arriving with its massive set of improvements and new features also comes the Racin´ USA Expansion Pack Pt1 !
- Added Daytona International Speedway (Part of Racin´ USA Pt1 DLC)
- Added Long Beach(Part of Racin´ USA Pt1 DLC)
- Added Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca(Part of Racin´ USA Pt1 DLC)
- Added GTE class featuring BMW M8, Corvette C8-R, Porsche 911 RSR (Part of Racin´ USA Pt1 DLC)
- Added DPi class featuring Cadillac DPi.V.R (Part of Racin´ USA Pt1 DLC)
- Added BMW M4 to GT4 class
- Added custom championship feature to championship mode (BETA)
- Added option for Real Weather, synchronizing the weather conditions to the currrent & forecast conditions on the location of the track
- Added option to customize date...
As you all probably have noticed, late July has come and gone and with it the not-so-great news of v1.4 and Racin´ USA Pt3 being postponed to the end of this month - there has been some very good reasons for this decision however, and in this Dev Update we´re going to cover that and also expand on some of the key features we have coming up.
Since our last catch-up in late June, we have merged features and content into the game that had been in gestation for months - the extent of these developments are actually beyond our original plans, which will make v1.4 an even bigger milestone than we had originally antecipated.
Some of these new features did still need further troubleshooting in order to be release-ready however, so taking it all into account we decided to keep working on it for a few more weeks and effectively merge July and August into a single cycle for an update later this month, with no public releases in between.
Normally we would have been...
Featuring a total of 6 vehicles and 4 unique venues in 10 different layouts, mixing world-class race tracks such as Imola and VIR with exotic locations such as Ibarra and Guaporé; powerful modern prototypes such as the Metalmoro AJR with the challenging Formula Vee trainer, the Reiza rF2 Bundle combines the diverse content developed with quality standards and attention to detail Reiza became known for, with rFactor 2´s advanced simulation technology for a powerful sim racing experience!
Items from the bundle can be purchased individually as well as in packs:
Track Pack: rFactor 2 on Steam
Car Pack: rFactor 2 on Steam
And finally the complete Bundle featuring all items in a single specially priced purchase: rFactor...
Automobilista 2 V126.96.36.199 Update is now released, along with 3 new DLC packs: Brazilian Racing Legends, Supercars & Historical Track Pack* are all available now!
*Please note Bathurst 1983 is part of this package but not yet available in-game, will be added over the course of January.
Beyong the new content, the new update brings a long list of valuable improvements - check out the complete list below.
V188.8.131.52 -> V184.108.40.206 CHANGELOG
- Added Nissan R89C to Group C class
- Added Nissan R390 GT1 to GT1 class
- Added 2017 Nissan GT-R to GT3 class
- Added new F-Classic Gen3 class (4 generic models)
- Added Brabham BT49 to F-Retro Gen2 Class
- Added Brabham BT52 to Formula Retro Gen3 Class
- Added Lotus 98T to...
The new Automobilista 2 update brings some fantastic historical content, another major batch of FFB, physics & AI developments along with several improvements & fixes.
V220.127.116.11 -> V18.104.22.168 CHANGELOG
- Added Spa Francorchamps 1993 layout
- Added Group C class featuring Sauber Mercedes C9 & Porsche 962C
- Added Stock Car 1999 Omega series
- Implemented new LiveTrack wet weather rubber washing (rubber is now gradually washed away from track surface as it gets saturated with water)
- Expanded available opponent classes to 9 (10 total)
- Bumped headlight range from 160 to 240m for all cars
- Corrected number of opponents in Championship mode to match the series current total number of opponents
- Added function to set different presets of rubber depending on type of session (making option available to player will soon follow)
- Added new...
It´s time for fireworks! A new year is soon (already?) upon us, and we at Reiza have been working flatout through this Holiday season to celebrate it with a bang - the most famous race track in the world, some amazing historical sports cars, new features and many improvements mark v22.214.171.124 as the biggest Automobilista 2 update yet!
IMPORTANT: Given the amount of substantive changes in this update, we strongly recommend all users to start a fresh profile by deleting their Documents/Automobilista 2 folder to avoid issues (this will be requested with far less regularity from this update onwards).
The Livery System Override is now fully implemented - to get your hands on the templates for all cars currently in the game and learn more about how you can go about replacing the original car liveries with your own please check this topic (will be updated with new...
Automobilista 2 V126.96.36.199 is now live! The first of several updates on this dev cycle is heavily focused on physics and FFB - extensive revisions to driveline and tires of all cars and addition of a new FFB profile as elaborated in our November Development Update Pt2 makes this our biggest physics overhaul yet..
The extent of the physics updates have required default setups & AI performance to be adjusted accordingly, a process that remains ongoing for the next few days so you may expect some small hotfixes to be deployed before the release of Racin´ USA Pt2 next week.
AMS2 V1.3 introduces new FFB profile (Default+) in parallel to the old "Default" profile which remains available for users who may prefer it. Information on these FFB updates along with an updated tutorial to best set it up will be posted on a dedicated thread soon.
The update also introduces the beta version of our Multiplayer Rating System - information on the mechanisms of the system...
Automobilista 2 V188.8.131.52 is now live - this update adds the F-USA Gen1 class featuring the Reynard 95i and Lola T95/00 as the last component of the Racin´USA Pt2 DLC, along with various improvements & bug fixes.
V184.108.40.206 -> V220.127.116.11 CHANGELOG
- Added F-USA Gen 1 class featuring Lola T95/00 & Reynard 95i (part of Racin´ USA Pt2 DLC)
- Added VR mirror adjustment screen and fixed in-game VR options link incorrectly pointing to main VR options
- Shared Memory: Fixed DRS state, added TCS/ABS garage setting entries; Updated changelog and fixed comment text of TCS setting
- Optimized internal FFB subroutines, removed some unused FFB script values & exposed static caster trail to FFB scripts
- Added ability to define track specific value overides for custom AI drivers. (Documentation available in the official forum thread:...
Greetings everyone! I hope everyone is doing OK and keeping safe.
What a difference a month can make right? A few weeks ago we had just deployed the first Beta build for AMS2 and were still firing on all cylinders pushing through our Beta program to get AMS2 ready for release on March 31st - a lot of work has been done in the 3 weeks we have been in Beta - we have just deployed our 5th BETA build tonight - but a lot remains to be done, and for that we relied on a strong couple of weeks in this final stint to reach a standard we´d be satisfied with for Automobilista 2 v1.0.
Unfortunately the last week has seen the World thrown into disarray, and with it the little chance we still had to get through the remaining workload in time for the 31st evaporated, as even though we already work in a fully remote operation and the Reiza team has not been directly impacted by COVID-19, things like this tend to bring indirect implications which have and will continue...
Now it´s for real - Automobilista Time Trial Challenge starts next week. This is your chance to win an official Stock Car Racing Seat from Cockpit Extreme Racing!
Over the next 12 weeks starting April 17th up until July 9th a new round will start featuring an unique car / track combo. Contestants should select that combo in Time Trial mode at any point during the week to register a time, which will be ranked against the best from the other participants. Current standings will be available both from the in-game timing screen as well as from the VX portal TTotW page. Each round will only be announced on the Friday preceding it.
Scoring will be calculated by both participation and results - every contestant gets 100 points for participating in...
The wait is finally over! The new Automobilista 2 update has arrived, introducing the Autodromo Nazionale Monza with several layouts and versions through the decades.
The update also features a wide range of improvements to the AI, several UI developments, improvements to Real Weather system along with various revisions to vehicle art, audio and physics.
Missing from the update is the BMW 2002, which has remained on shop for further development - it should be added to the game in a complementary update next week.
V18.104.22.168 -> V22.214.171.124 CHANGELOG
- Added Monza featuring Modern GP, Junior, 1971 GP, 1971 Junior, 1971 10Km, 1971 10Km without chicane, 1991 GP layouts (all part of the Monza DLC Package)
- Added support for Thrustmaster SF1000
- Implemented Real Weather API...
A new release candidate build of Automobilista 2 is now available as a Steam beta branch for those interested in testing the new update before its official release in the coming days.
From this build onwards, AMS2 users have the two following beta branches available:
ReleaseCandidate: This is the latest release candidate, currently V126.96.36.199 build 1980. To access this build, right-click Automobilista 2 on your Steam Library, go into Properties -> Beta tab, and select the “ReleaseCandidate” branch for the dropdown menu. This branch will be disabled after the official public release and return you to the default AMS2 branch, if you then want to opt in for the beta in a next update you just need to repeat this process.
PreviousBuild: This option allows users to revert back to the previous release version in case they encounter any issues with a new update, or want to compare changes if they are interested in doing so. To access it,...
Greetings everyone - we´re in November now, and into what promises to be a very exciting month for Automobilista 2!
First things first - considering we ended up skipping the October Development Update and the fact there´s just way too much to cover this month in a single article , we´re going to do things slightly different this month by breaking down this November Update into two parts - this is part one, part two should be published on November 19th.
Let´s get on it:
Volkswagen TSI Cup by Acelerados coming to Automobilista 2!
By now most of you will have heard the big news about a project we alluded to a couple of months ago, and we couldn´t be happier to be finally announcing our collaboration with Volkswagen Brasil alongside the good people from Acelerados to bring you the VW TSI Cup by Acelerados to Automobilista 2.
For those not familiar with the show, Acelerados is an internet-born TV...
Our main update of the month adds Ginetta G40 to GT5 class & its own G40 Cup class, brings another batch of substantial physics, AI developments, general fixes & corrections, plus a sigfnicant update to LiveTrack functionality.
V188.8.131.52 -> V184.108.40.206 CHANGELOG
- Added Ginetta G40 to GT5 series
- Added Ginetta G40 Cup series
- LiveTrack now maintains rubber state between sessions.on a race weekend (rather than resetting to a "green" track at the start of every session)
- Reduced base grip from a green track & increased grip range to max grip state
UI & HUD
- Added option for German localization
- Fixed wrong description on 'Edit HUD' menu option
- Adjusted size and layout of ICM strategy menu to make current strategy more readable
- Fixed scrollbar on Start Championship list
- Fixed incorrect heavy fog icon
- Fixed Race sessions showing practice length on...
What is Automobilista 2?
Automobilista 2 is the culmination of a project developed over the course of nearly a decade. At its core, it is a comprehensive simulation of the brazilian motorsports scene, featuring all major brazilian racing series, race tracks and manufacturers.
Packing an even larger roster of diverse cars and tracks than its predecessor, Automobilista 2 will venture further into the best of international motorsports, including prestigious brands such as Mclaren and BMW along with iconic venues such as Silverstone, Mount Panorama and Imola, at the same time continuing to explore the more exotic and exciting forms of motorsports from around the world.
Boosted by a new technical partnership with the developers of the award-winning Project CARS series, Automobilista 2 is built on the MADNESS engine, providing incredible graphical quality, the most advanced dynamic weather and track condition systems in a racing...
We´re finally back to offer some fresh Reiza info for you.. I know some of you have been earning for it for a while now
Firstly I´d like to assure that the relative lack of news do not mean things haven´t been going on in the background, but some news are indeed overdue and this feels like a good time to offer a round-up of where we stand on various topics - here goes!
Reiza Next Title (aka Reiza 201X or the AMS Sequel)
This is understandably the biggest source of antecipation so let´s start with that - I´ll try share as much as I can
For those of you who may not be aware, some background info: we first announced plans to develop a fully new title after licensing the ISIMotor2 Engine back in 2015 as part of the SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign to fund further development to Stock Car Extreme (eventually turned into Automobilista), as a way to give...
The final update to Automobilista is out, and with it the last DLCs featuring two popular British tracks as Donington Park and Snetterton are also available both as standalone items as well as a part of the AMS Season Pass:
While a hotfix for eventual minor glitches from this release is possible, v1.5.24 is the last major update and marks the conclusion for Automobilista development. To celebrate the occasion we have launched the Automobilista Ultimate Edition, which bundles the base game with the Automobilista Season Pass, granting you all that AMS has to offer in a single purchase, 50% off the full price!
Below is the...
The new update adds several Classic cars, brings the popular Mini Challenge JCW as it is in the top class of the UK Mini series, two Kart circuits, along the usual package of new features, fixes & improvements.
One of these features is the initial revision of the HEAD MOVEMENT setting for cockpit cameras (renaming what was before "WORLD MOVEMENT"), although users will still have the option to use the original legacy head movement if they so prefer - please check the descriptions in-game for more details as to how best configure this option to your preference.
- Added 1960s Touring Car Series (featuring Lotus 23 & Mini Cooper S 1965)
- Added BMW M1 Procar Series
- Added German Group A Series (featuring BMW M3 E30 & Mercedes 190 Evolution
- Added Mini JCW UK Series
- Added Buskerud Kart Track (2 layouts)
- Added Speedland Kart track (4 layouts)
- Added Hockenheim 1988 Short...
Page 1 of 6