FFB Clipping tool?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Gevatter, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Is there any way to measure FFB clipping in AMS?

Thing is, I run 105% strength in the profiler and -100% FFB in-game at the moment, because using a quite weak Logitech G25 I want the most out of it. Most of the cars feel good, but I think the Formula V10 and the Formular Extreme are clipping in fast corners - maybe all of the high downforce cars. I don't recall there being a plugin or option in GSC or even rFactor for that matter. Any ideas?

• Like Like x 2
  2. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Member AMS2 Club Member

is there a FFB clipping tool? @Reiza

3. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

No.
    And again, for G25 users since the introduction of "Low force boost" no need to set force in logitech control panel any higher then 100%. That WILL clip hig forces.
    Set that to 100% and set low force boost to ~80%. That boosts lower forces while leaving high forces intact.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not meaning to harp on about it, but are there any plans to implement an FFB clipping app? It's probably one of the most useful tools you could provide.

Personally, I find the default realfeel.ini settings provide exceptionally light steering for some cars (eg Marcas), and exceptionally heavy steering for others (e.g old Stock cars). While this variation is probably realistic, there are plenty of people like me who like to fiddle the per car FFB settings so that they're on the limit of clipping for each car and give the full range of forces the wheel is capable of. Having an FFB app would take the guesswork out of this (as well as saving the devs the hassle of telling people what settings to use as per the post above).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

How do i use these "realfeel" adjustments ? Is this again things in the files that need to be changed ?
    I'm enjoying pc racing but adjusting files to get FFB and HUD settings seems weird .
    Isnt there a way to have these things in game ?