Formula car engine problem

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by UMGaming, Mar 19, 2016.

1. UMGaming

UMGaming New Member

Hi, I have an issue where I can't start the engines of cars like the Formula Extreme and Formula Reiza anywhere but the pitlane. For instance when I am trying to start a race and I go to the grid I can't start my engine to do the formation lap. Another example is when I make a mistake and spin out my enine stalls before I can get onto my clutch and I end up getting stuck in the grass or in a barrier.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards UM

2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

You cannot start engines yourself with these F1-type cars as they don´t have an onboard starter. Generally if you stall with a F1 car, that´s it.

The car not being switched on by the pitcrew at the start of a formation lap is a bug though and will be corrected in a future update.

Modern cars will also have an "antistall" feature added as in modern formula one cars, where the gearbox goes to neutral automatically whenever the engine speed goes below a certain limit. That´s not in yet.

For cars from the 90s and earlier though keeping the engine alive manually will remain part of their challenge.

3. UMGaming

UMGaming New Member

ok thankyou for explaining this to me

4. USCTrojan4JC

USCTrojan4JC New Member

Hello! I searched and was unable to find if this has been resolved. I love playing AMS1 with the CART Extreme mod and it seems the vehicle is always stalled from the very start of the formation lap (I have auto start sent to "off" to try to have things be as realistic as possible :p). Thank you in advance for any help!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  5. polo199

polo199 Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,

---EDITED because this is actually a bug---

However, it may be added by editing some file. I don't think it can be done for a Reiza car but for a mod with unencrypted files, it may be possible.
    I had a quick look and found this line in the engine.ini files of Cart Extreme (Mercedes_Engine_1998.ini e.g.):
    OnboardStarter=0, just change it to OnboardStarter=1 and it might work.
    You'd have to do the same with every engine file in the mod if you want to add it to all the cars.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  6. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

No it's a bug. The engine should be running when you're on the grid.

7. polo199

polo199 Member AMS2 Club Member

My bad. I should have read the post with more attention. I never run formation laps.

• Like Like x 1