Formula Classic Sound Changed

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by LeGeNd-1, Sep 8, 2019.

1. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello, I just fired up AMS for the first time today since the last update (Puma back in December). Went to try the F_Classic at Snetterton and the car's sound completely changed. Instead of the usual low growl with turbo BOV it sounds like a rev limited Formula V12. No other Formula car is affected. I haven't tested other cars yet. Tried turning down audio postFX and creating new profile but no success. I'm in the process of validating file integrity via Steam but I doubt it will do much because listening to the actual F_Classic sound wav files in the game folder everything sounds ok.

Any help appreciated.

2. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Taking a look. Thanks for pointing it!

3. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 New Member AMS2 Club Member

You're welcome.

File integrity just finished and still no luck. I have 6 or so car mods installed but none of them sounds like the new F_Classic sound or overwrites any in game files. Really weird.

This is what I assume the F_Classic should sound like (I tried finding the newest video on youtube):

Second problem: the game fails to close properly when quitting. On the steam launcher it still says "Running" despite the game not appearing in Windows Task Manager so I have to restart Steam to launch the game again (otherwise it shows error 13280). Very annoying as I restarted the game 10 times to try and solve the sound issue and everytime I had to also reboot Steam!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019