Fuel weight

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by AMS_SR, Jun 19, 2016.

1. AMS_SR

AMS_SR Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,

last night i activate fuel consumption "normal" and i drive with Boxer at Curitiba Outer Circuit. But i dont noticed any difference between 1L or 70L fuel load ? The weigth and intertia of the car and break points and distances are exactly the same. But 70L = 70kg round about. Curios.

Is it normal ? Is it not simulated in this game ?

Or i must activate another thing ?

2. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

They are simulated but 70 l of fuel is 50 kg in a car weighing about 1200kg - its about 4%. The difference will be quite subtle. We are perhaps too conditioned by coverage of F1 where the cars carry twice the fuel and weigh half as much.

EDIT just to explain what I mean by subtle above - the 4% increase in mass will only reduce braking and cornering grip by about 1%, so you won't notice longer braking distances. Indeed the main effect of extra mass will be on acceleration and so you will probably reach your braking point at a lower speed with full fuel than with empty.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. AMS_SR

AMS_SR Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Possible, gsc/ams is my first sim. I thought, i feel it a bit more. But when its real, its ok. Thx.

4. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim Member

Fuel weight is simulated, but moving fuel tank CoG is not, and as David said, for heavy cars it wouldn't make a huge difference in laptimes :)

• Agree Agree x 1