[G29] Road effects are completely missing

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Kill KRT, Sep 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Kill KRT

Kill KRT New Member

Hi,

I've a Logitech G29 with G Hub driver (version 2019.9.24330) installed, and Automobilista version (v 1.5.24, just bought and downloaded yesterday).

I've noticed that AMS cannot detect G29 automatically (maybe because G HUB provides a slightly different name from the expect one), so I choose manually "Logitech G29" from presets menu and clicked on "Import".

The controller seems to work pretty decently, but I completely miss the FFB effects from the road, so if I hit a not flat curb (e.g.: sawtooth-like shaped) I can feel the noise from it, but no (or very very weak) feedback on my wheel, furthermore I don't feel any feedback at all if I drive on grass and car starts to bump up and down.

That's pretty strange, and I guess that it is not the expected behavior (I read lot of review saying that AMS has one of the best FFB implementation).

I've already tried to change the wheel settings (following some hints from this forum), e.g.: Pure 180Hz, Pure + Effects 1/2/3, but with no luck.

Thank you

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hector

Hector New Member

Hello everyone, I think Automobilista is an excellent game but the same thing happens to me as Kill KRT.
    Try all the settings (including the real feel plugin) but the FFB is always very weak on the asphalt and then very strong in kerbs.
    I would like Automobilista to have the same FFB as GSC, any advice that can help ?. Thanks

3. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, guys. This is a known issue that started after the last update. We have it pretty much sorted for the Beta, and testing. So the hotfix should come soon (I would guess on Monday).

But it would be good to have some more information, just to make sure. Can you guys upload a trace.txt file with your reply here, so @Domagoj Lovric is able to check your cases?

To generate the trace.txt, you need to right click Automobilista on Steam > Properties > [General Tab] Set Launch Options > write "trace=2", and run the game. The file will be inside UserData (can be in My Documents or AMS root folder) > LOG. Upload it here with the "Upload a File" button below the reply textbox.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kill KRT

Kill KRT New Member

Thank you for the quick reply... Wow! That was so quick! :)

Please find in attachment my trace.txt file!

Thank you guys!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Ok, so it seems things are working as they should. Presets are not detected automatically (if I recall correctly), because there are various actions which are subjetive (so it's good that you bind most of them to your liking) and those with your wheel name are just a starting point.

Now for the FFB part:

- Settings from the Logitech Profiler (center spring, damper force, etc) should all be 0%, with Global Strength at 100% (it's better to set strength ingame), and "Allow game to adjust settings" should be on.

- Ingame my suggestions for the G25, G27, G29 or G920 are FFB Strength at 70% and Low Force Boost at 80%, with Pure only.

I can elaborate on why those values, but I'm a bit in a hurry now. Test these and if you'd like to know more, just ask me when you return here to tell me if it worked or not.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Kill KRT

Kill KRT New Member

I am not sure that I can use Logitech Profiler with G HUB (new Logitech driver), anyway I tried the following settings in G HUB:

[​IMG]

While on AMS I tried the following setting:
    1. FFB Strength -50% LFB 80%: Good wheel feeling, zero FFB from road
    2. FFB Strength 30% LFB 80%: Decent wheel feeling, low FFB from road
    3. FFB Strength 60% LFB 80%: Weak wheel feeling, decent FFB from road
    4. FFB Strength 80% LFB 80%: Very weak wheel feeling (I can turn the wheel with almost one finger), good FFB from road
    So a decent compromise at the moment could be option 3, but wheel strength is quite weak and it is far from being realistic.

I will wait for your fix next week!

7. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Oh, sorry. For Logitech wheels always use the negative side of the slider. Otherwise the torque from the wheel won't resist your input, it will assist (pull on the same direction).

So from what I wrote previously, FFB Strength should be -70%.

8. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

And regarding the fix, there's nothing wrong in your trace file. So it's all a matter of settings. The fix is for another problem, with older models, like G27 or G25.

9. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

I just drove a bit and saw that my setting are:
    FFB -70%
    LFB 60% :D

And it seems to be the optimum point, as any change for more or less gave me less feeling and sharpness. We have to keep in mind that our wheels are not very powerful, so we have to sacrifice strength in order to get details (no clipping). And the LFB is a remedy for little steering inputs which ended up very weak (giving a loose feeling) after reducing strength to avoid clipping.

10. Kill KRT

Kill KRT New Member

I tried settings that you suggested, but with that settings no road effects at all.

Could it be related to G HUB? Do you have the previous Logitech driver installed (Logitech Gaming Service LGS)?

11. Hector

Hector New Member

Heitor thanks for the tips.

What catches my attention is that in GSC the FFB is excellent (I only leave -30% strength and full effects), especially in Copa Petrobras de Marcas.

But in Automobilista it is very weak in comparison, especially in straight lines and if I add a lot of values, the center spring effect makes it very strange to handle.

I am looking for the FFB of the GSC in Automobilista is possible?

What will be the improvement next week?

12. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

@Kill KRT, what do you mean by Road Effects? What exactly are you expecting to feel? The wheel getting lighter when going through a crest, the impact of curbs...? I feel all of that, but without much strength. I have the Logitech Profiler (v5.10.127 - 06/14/2010), but I don't know if it works with G29.

@Hector, Center Spring Effect should be 0%, as it is a constant force that will bring the wheel to the center, no matter what is happening in the game. What you need to remedy low forces while in straight line is to raise the Low Force Boost setting. I use it with 60%. And -30% is too low for Logitech wheels. Have you tried the values I mentioned (-70%)?

Next week's hotfix is a problem with G27 recognition. So it probably won't help in your cases.

13. Hector

Hector New Member

Heitor in Stock Car Extreme with the Logitech G29 use the default values (-30% strength and full effects) and is amazing, the best FFB in racing games .

But Automobilista the road feeling is very weak and the kerbs effect is very high, I could only lower the effect of the kerbs in real feel plugin by raising the smothing (and old trick from rfactor).

I already used the parameters you told me but I still feel that the car is very light.

Any tip to edit in Real Feel Plugin to have more road effect and strength ?.

Thanks for the help.

14. sebacabezon18

sebacabezon18 Member

Attached Files:

15. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

@Hector, are you using Pure+Effects? If so, by selecting Pure 360 you get rid of this canned curb effect. You can also change (decrease) that in this line of your Controller.ini (inside your profile folder):

FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.25000"

The RealFeel values are already good for Logitechs. They are made with them in mind. Any change on that will probably make thing worse.

16. Kill KRT

Kill KRT New Member

I mean both of that, I can just feel the resistance of the wheel proportional to speed and a little the over/under-steering, but the feeling is not so realistic.
    When car bumps (out of tracks) or I hit curbs no (or very very) weak feedback is provided by the wheel. To get more feedback I have to increase the FFB (I mean value greater than +50%), but then the wheel starts to get very weak and too fake.

Tomorrow I will try to uninstall G HUB and install old LGS driver with Logitech Profiler.

Thank you for your support!

17. Kill KRT

Kill KRT New Member

I've tried to install LGS 9.02.65, but situation is the same (maybe even worse :(, since now even with positive value of FFB I cannot feel any road effects).

Anyway, I made a short GIF to show you better the issue:

ezgif-com-optimize

[​IMG]

When you see car bumping on the curb no feedback is provided by the wheel, it is pretty stable as I was driving on a flat road, I was expecting a little force transmitted to the wheel, especially when I hit the curb while steering.

18. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Hm... It should give you an actually big jolt. I just tried exactly what is in the GIF, and the feedback is VERY noticeable. A couple of thing in this GIF strike me:

- The lock-to-lock rotation in this car should be 450°. Do you have "Auto Steering Rotation" set to "On"?
    - The wheel seems to go to the center very quickly (if I let go of mine, it doesn't go all the way to the center, cause there isn't enough force to put it there. Maybe 15 or 20° still remains). This seems like there's a Centering Spring Force acting. Can you try to uncheck that in G HUB? (I know it's at 0 already, but who knows...) Or were you putting it there with your hands?

With which Strength value was that GIF made? What if you try with smaller values, like -40, -30?

Another thing I don't understand is how positive values are any useful to you. They should make the wheel go to full lock without you touching it, making the car undrivable. I'm starting to suspect of damper and friction effects, which can't be set with the G HUB. Hm... are your settings on the right hand side like these?

upload_2019-9-15_10-26-32.png

19. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Heitor Facuri Cicoti Just for reference:

I've attached a trace file in case it might be useful. Please ignore the AMSU GT3 mod stuff... :oops: My DFGT (driver 5.9.129.0) has been fine before and after the latest update (1.5.24r). My Logitech profiler is 5.10.127.

@Kill KRT My Driving Force GT is weaker than your wheel. These are my settings, which feel good to me. I tinker with the FFB Low Force Boost from time to time because there is no FFB meter.

20190915144149_1.jpg Automobilista Settings.JPG

Attached Files:

20. Kill KRT

Kill KRT New Member

Thank you very much for your support @Heitor Facuri Cicoti and @Scraper

Yes, my wheel is auto-centering very quickly, I don't know why! My situation is pretty strange, I don't know if it is because I installed and unistalled different version of driver LGS -> G HUB -> LGS and so my system now has something wrong.

Anyway these are my settings:
    • Auto Steering Rotation is set to off (in AMS)
    • Centering Spring Force is disabled (in LGS)
    • I have tried FFB Strength within a range between -80% to 80%
    • FFB Low 70%
    [​IMG]

@Scraper I am not able to find the setup for the old Logitech Profiler? Where did you download it? Are you using G HUB or LGS? Which version? G HUB and LGS settings are very basic and you cannot set all those options. I was using Logitech Profiler with my previous G25 and it was working like a charm!